+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    OKAY girls - time for a roll call !!!

Can you reply with your signature, and due date ... like this; (see below) Liliwish - just guess for now ...?

Mammalinz - 11th Jan 2012 - girl
    We now have 5 members
    and growing !!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mammalinz,
    Thanks so much for the little dance around the kitchen. I can't stop telling DH "did you know I'm pregnant?" and blaming preg for anything and everything.."it's just cos I'm preg!"

My FS doesn't require BT. If we want we can go to GP for form. They give us their own POAS type thingy instead. Scan in 3wks will tell all. I can't wait to know if there's one or 2 in there

Thanks
    Reviews
    OKAY girls - time for a roll call !!!

Lilwish - early June - 1 or 2 bubs???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Lady Jane and congratulations on your pregnancy, it's a bit exciting isn't it?! This is my first as well and so far I've been nothing but impatient and wishing the months away, but yesterday we visited friends who have a 9 week old and I thought I was going to have a panic attack when we left - O M G, they did not sit still, the baby had 3 feeds, a sleep and cried a few times in the space of an hour and a half, aaaarrrggggghhhhhhh!! So, I'm going to relax and enjoy the next six months to the max now that I've seen what's coming! Nothing to worry about tho, it's all going to be fiiiiiiiiiine <insert nervous laugh>, and it's nothing those that have done it before haven't survived, right?

Lilwish - yayayayay! I remember you from the IVF thread, that's fantastic news, I'm so happy for you.

Mammlinz, so if your FS is now your ob does that mean you are going private? We're on the public system with Mater and they offer this midwife programme - there's 4 midwife's and approx. 8 other new mums in the group, we'll meet at our local community health centre for 1 1/2hrs every 4 weeks from weeks 24 to 40. One of those midwive's will be at the birth and the other mums will be having their bub around the same time at the Mater Public, so it'll be nice to have some familiarity around when the time comes I guess and other mum's to have catch up's with - I moved over from the UK 3 1/2 years ago and don't have much of a social group so for me that's something I'm really keen to build, I hope to make some mummy buddies! I'm signing up with the hospital classes which does the same as you're talking about Mammalinz, get as much knowledge as we can. And they say you can't teach and old dog new tricks hey?!!

Lizzie - 18th March 2012 - sex unknown

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops, I cocked that up!

Lilwish - early June - 1 or 2 bubs???

Lilwish I keep saying that to DH too, 'I'm pregnant you know', 'I'm caring your baby you know', hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you have two eggs transferred Lilwish?

We were hoping for twins to get the two kids out the way in one push, so to speak, but no such luck. We only had one egg transferred tho, but DH has twins in his family ... ah well, just have to go through it all again next year I suppose .... we'll see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzieG View Post
    Did you have two eggs transferred Lilwish?

We were hoping for twins to get the two kids out the way in one push, so to speak, but no such luck. We only had one egg transferred tho, but DH has twins in his family ... ah well, just have to go through it all again next year I suppose .... we'll see!
    thanks for the congrats, LizzieG. Where are you based - guessing Brissie, talking Mater?
    I'm in brissie and will go Mater Private. I've got a friend who's had 4 babies there and says it's like staying in a hotel getting spoilt May as well make the private insurance all these years worth it!

yes, I had 2 eggs in on day3, and also 1 frosty for the first time ever, so hoping for twins too - or at least follow up with frosty next year. Not going to complain either way - just so greatful for bfp!

I'm going to see ob, but keen to hear about yr midwives experience tho. I've had other friends who've done exactly same as you (inc mater public) & loved it. I like the idea of that support all the way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're between Ipswich and Brissie, I wanted to go to the Mater because it's more convenient for us to get to without having to take a morning or afternoon off work - thankfully they accepted our referral on the basis that it's 'high risk'. I've heard that Ipswich is also great tho.

The silly thing is we got private medical insurance over a year ago for just this occasion but only got the basics to cover private room in a public hospital, which Mater public don't offer (makes sense I suppose). I don't think ob fee's where covered either so we decided we'd give the public system a go rather than have further expense cos we're still paying off the IVF!

Keeping it crossed for two heat beats in 3 weeks time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    LizzeieG – oh that is so funny as I had a similar experience. A friend of mine gave birth a month ago, and I was like, OMG – this is going to be FULL ON! Yep.. it is good we have this time to prepare, and get our heads around it . I am going private and robbing a bank at the same time. Since my pregnancy is high risk (ie still injecting everyday etc) I am too nervous to not stick with FS! Oh I love how your going to meet other mums prior to giving birth, that is sensational, I am jealous!! What is Mater public? A hospital in Brisbane I am guessing..? Lizzie are you going to find out the sex? Oh it is wonderful you and Lilwish are both in the same state!! Youll be able to catch up at some point, maybe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll call

Mammalinz - 11th Jan 2012 – girl

Lilwish - early June 2012 - 1 or 2 bubs???