+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Leanep - Thank you for popping in and wishing me luck .. Your completely right, my anxiety will get me no where. I did sleep like a baby last night..., just a couple of hours and then it will be over. Hopefully with some good news . I have been thinking of you ... It is totally crap and devastating to loose a pregnancy. I can not wait to see you back on this thread!!

LizzieG - Congratulations on the scan !! I slept like a baby last night but now I am feeling a bit like a train wreck. Your poor boss . You must feel so relieved ... no more concealing clothes.. When I had my 12 week scan it took forever - they have so many measurements to take and the bub kept moving - so I think that is how 12 weeks scans are? did you get your little package (DVD, photos). I am so happy for you and things are going well. Yay you - !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me rant -

well girls, you were of course, all right... everything was fine. The operator told us she was very pleased with what she was seeing on the screen, stating, good, lovely, excellent! Finally I think I can start to relax. We also found out we are having a girl. I feel so blessed and grateful! I want this for all the over 40's mums'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello to all,
    I was in a thread with others (IVF) due in mar/april/may and its gotton so big. now going to June. I found this thread and thought it may be more appropiate as Im in the over 40 catergory !
    This is my first IVF pregnancy (have 4 children conceived naturally to previous). My partners first.
    Im 10 weeks- due 8/4/11 - my DD birthday- but will have a cesear so will probaly be a week or so earlier.
    I will be having blood test Monday and Scan( NT) 2 weeks later for screening for DS. Im very worried about this because of me age (41).
    I have also been suffering terrible nausea and fatigue! Never had this previous
    Its so hard to go to work- have had alot of time off- no sick pay left either! I have tried alot of meds but nothing seems to help. Im praying it goes away around the 12 week mark!!!!
    Wishing everyone all the best xoxo
    Siennaray

Thanks
    Reviews
    siennaray - Hello and welcome ! This is a very small thread!! As you are well aware it is so difficult to become pregnant when your over 40 and then there is the difficulty of staying pregnant, which we have all faced! I am glad to say... I have met (on bubhub) many women who are over 40, have become pregnant, stayed pregnant and even given birth !! to beautiful and healthy children!! Which has given me hope and courage to continue on with this journey ! No turning back now .
    I am 41 also, and have found this pregnancy to be incredibly nerve wrecking !! I have been sick the whole pregnancy and quite tired. However, I am so grateful that I have made it this far.. I thought I was sick because I was over 40 - I just found out I am having a girl, so perhaps it is because my last pregnancy (where there was no fatigue or illness) was due to having a boy?
    I am also booked in, to have a cesear..

I was also very very worried about my 12 week scan, it was a nightmare. I cried during the scan as I was so happy 'the child,' had a heart beat. I think we are told so often, over 40's cant have babies, cannot sustain babies we just assume it will fail. I think this makes us sooo anxious... but there is plenty of evidence to state it will be okay, ie .. many women do get pregnant, and go on to have healthy babies. I was expecting terrible results from my NT, it turned out the results were really good 'surprise,' so i was happy about not having an amnio (even though it is recommended at 'our,' age!). I know it is hard, but try not to be anxious... the truth is, we cannot change the outcome ...
    Welcome again to the group
    and congratulations on your pregnancy
    How many rounds of IVF did it take
    Which state are you in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mammalinz- just popped in to say congratulations on achieving full marks fir your 20 week scan. I am thrilled for you and great that you can now plan your shopping trips to buy girl " stuff"

Thanks
    Reviews
    wannabb - I can not wait to see you back here !! Pregnant .Thank you for your well wishes - incredibly generous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz- Im down Melb way. I had one cycle of IVF with 13 eggs collected, 8 fert but only 2 made it to day 5. One transfered- BFN and Frozen one transfered 22nd July. (BFP)- This was my last attempt- only wanted to have the one try. (Age and all)
    I have 3 girls and had no morning sickness at all- was extremley fit and healthy-had a little MS with son so Im opposite to you. Thinking this maybe a boy.
    With the MS and extreme fatigue its making it hard to stay positive. I should be excited, but am not. have been feeling depressed to- wondering if I should have even attempted IVF.
    I read others posting on here and feel so guilty as they so badly want a baby, but at the momment Im not feeling to excited
    I know its problay hormones and the MS- but its not making it any easier....
    Worry too about tests coming up. I want to know for sure about DS and other abnormalities- thinking amnio even if other tests are ok.
    Im sorry for having a whinge.... just want to feel normal again
    SR

Thanks
    Reviews
    siennaray - I am so sorry to hear you are having a hard time and feeling depressed. Don't be hard on yourself, you feel how you feel, don' t feel guilty about it. Everyone has there own journey's to follow ! Besides daily morning sickness is no fun, nor is extreme fatigue.
    If I wanted to know a 100% regarding DS. i would have the amnio tests ~ it may give you peace of mind or at least let you know what you are dealing with
    feel free to have a complain, anytime...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mammalinz For This Useful Post:

siennaray  (11-09-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey mammalinz, fantastic news on the scan, I was so chuffed when I read your update I shead a little tear of joy for you ... on the train! I haven't been writing much recently as I see the updates on my phone and it's too fiddling to try to write on it, but I'm up to date. A girl mammalinz, how gorgeous, excited you must feel . Are you at the feeling amazing stage yet? I keep reading that second trimester is supposed to be the most enjoyable bit. It's difficult to enjoy when you just want your beautiful healthy baby in your arms isn't it? That's how I feel, just give me the baby already!!!! I'm very envious of the 8 weeks you have on me!

We've got until Oct 27 til our 20 week scan but I'm growing like a fat mama, I feel so lucky not to have had MS but I've been absolutely knackered and quite headachey this week. This weekend I will mostly be sleeping! And swimming, weather's warmed up here in Brissie so I'm hitting the pool while I can still get in without the use of a crane

Siennaray I hope you're feeling more positive about everything, have you spoken to your healthcarer about how you're feeling? Just remember it's your hormones, and ms won't be helping, hang out for the second trimester and the 'amazing'

Thanks
    Reviews
    LizzieG - What amazing stage ... I am actually getting worse - hee hee (throwing up twice a day as opposed to one!). I am a big girl, I can handle it though. What is exciting is I only have 17 weeks to go ! . To be honest - I am not ready for our daughter - I need to get my head around the fact, yes ... I really AM going to have a baby.. It will be fantastic, I am excited.
    Oh I was in Brissy over the weekend, my partner was part of the Brisbane festival. I dont know how you manage the heat up there ! Almost killed me..
    Oh Oct 27th isnt far away.. have you had your NT results, yet? Ha ha, putting on weight is a bit of a shock, isnt it.

siennaray - Love to know how you are doing? How are you feeling ? I am more than happy, for you to tell me your feeling crappy, you are allowed to feel '*#($Y$.'
    ATM - 21 weeks this week. She has just started to really move around to the point I can feel it alot. I like it.