+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mammalinz View Post
    i think I am out :-( ... according to the scan we are 6 weeks and 4 days when we should be further along. Doesnt look good. Have to have another scan in 7-10 days.. but I am not feeling hopeful ...

No one rang from the clinic .. just as well I guess..
    Oh mummalinz . HUGS!! sometimes.. no news is good news??
    sending you positive thoughts!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mammalinz it's so hard this pregnancy business. I hope and pray that you get good news next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    team panda - and mature mum -> i thought it best I call to see the results and yes it isnt good. Basically from what they could see the baby stopped developing a week ago - ie it is a week behind and they couldnt find a heartbeat. Doesnt sound too good (does it :-()...)
    i have another scan on thursday to confirm. Thank you for all your support .. I dont want to be a downer so Ill leave this forum. I am so grateful and happy to have the IVF daughter I have. This has shown me how fortunate I really am. The only thing is .. I have become attached now to the idea of providing a sibling for my daughter. Now I am not sure what do to? Do I leave it and just be happy with what I have or do I attempt IVF again ? at 44! Seems pointless

good luck to all the ladies about to have babies - I am so excited and thrilled for you ... It is a very exciting time

Xxx Big hugs to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh mammlinz, so sorry for your sad news. I mc'd in October, and know just how you are feeling right now!
    If you need to vent, please message me no judgments!
    I pop in to see how everyone is going, and hope never to read this type of post, as I am there right now.
    We found out at 12 wk scan that bub had stopped growing at 10+1
    This would have been our first, and we doubt there will be another..
    Give yourself time to greive, and heal. Everyone is different, and there are no time schedules.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maturemum1501 For This Useful Post:

sirine  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz, I'm so sorry I wish it had been different for you. If it is your dream to give your DD a sibling then go and see your FS. In our 40s the answer as to whether you should try again is really "it depends" - depends on your AMH, your history of fertilisation, conception etc. The fact that you conceived, even though, sadly, this little one didn't make it, is a positive. If you trust your FS, go and have the discussion with them. I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz-I'm so sorry this little one didn't progress. We have all been there before so understand completely how ur feeling. I'll b in the same boat as you after this Bub is born. Do we just stop and b thankful for our ivf miracle at 41, or do we keep trying for a sibling. It was already a miracle just to get one! Some people are even lucky enough for it to happen naturally. We almost gave up on this last try, so wonder if it's pointless to go back. These are the hard questions. .... I'm sure you'll 'feel' what is right for you xx But right now just enjoy Dd, grieve for ur 2nd little one and take care of you xxx

MusicalGal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz, yes I too have been in the same boat and know how hard this is. I've been asked by people whether we will try again after this baby is born. All I know at the moment is that the ideal would be to provide a sibling for this little one, but I don't know if I could go through ivf again. It took 8 Stims to get to this point, even my fs had given up hope and told me at our last appointment she had nothing left for me, that we had tried everything. And somehow doing practically the same things we had done in the last couple of cycles I fell pregnant. Ivf became harder mentally and emotionally after every failure. I think we will try naturally again, take the supplements do acupuncture and hope it can happen otherwise be happy and grateful with what we have. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry Mammalinz, such hard news for you, and some big decisions to make. Lots of hugs....

Chook, have I missed news of your arrival? Hope all is well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone
    tomorrow I go back for the dreaded confirmation of no HB and no growth. I am dreading it but must go as there is a 4% chance they will find a HB. It has been a long week :-(
    maturemum - thank you for your words
    tryingfortwo - good advice ! I will consider all those factors when i talk with FS
    Musicalgal- I do love my DD and am beyond grateful.. this is what I need to focus on
    teampanda - It is so hard... I will wait to see what tomorrow's results bring and take it from there. It wouldnt be so difficult for me if my DD didnt keep expressing a wish/ desire for a sibling .. and to think we had that for her.. and then to loose it.
    Octbaby - thanks for the hugs

Chook - where is this the beautiful baby ! we need to lighten up the tread :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I think Chook has only announced the birth on the the 'due Jan' thread. If you take a look you will see the announcement. I congratulated her on that thread.