+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, have only just found this thread-where has it been all my life! !???

I'm 41yo and 32weeks. I recognise a few names from other threads. Wave :-)

Going into this birth pretty anxious. I always presumed I'd be given a caesar due to my age (I'm doing shared care with a private Ob and having Bub at public hospital in Cairns which has fantastic service). But I have had a trouble free pregnancy so there's been no talk of it. Of course I'm just anxious to get the little fella out with the least stress to both of us.

MusicalGal

Thanks
    Reviews
    cook11 - amazing .. in a couple of days you will meet your child - how incredibly wonderful. Good luck ! Pls send us photos of your precious bub!

** Blood test came back :-) all good. Scan on Wednesday - super nervous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mammalinz - Phew! so pleased to hear the blood test came back all good. best wishes for the scan.

MusicalGal - G'day again.

Also fortunate to have had a fairly trouble free pregnancy here. Slightly swollen feet, and carpal tunnel in my right hand/arm. No problems with high blood pressure or gestational diabetes, and I've been walking a fair bit. The only thing is that they said the baby is measuring big. They made me do the glucose tolerance test twice but both times said I didn't have GD - not even borderline. So the baby is big for other reasons - maybe genetic, since DP is a big bloke, or maybe I've been feeding them too well.

Various doctors that I saw at the Mater recommended inducing 7-10 days early, due to the increased risks of stillbirth in the late stages, with my age and the big baby. A friend of mine lost her little boy to a stillbirth, I'm extra nervous because of that, and she urged me to go ahead with the induction (sorry I don't want to be negative and scare anyone, just expressing my neurotic state). (My friend did go on to have two healthy babies later, so a happy ending, but still a horrible time) In the end I gave in and will be starting the induction process 7 days before my due date, at 39 weeks.

I'll be going to acupuncture this morning, and then plan to walk around for a few hours - maybe help get things going naturally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Chook -how exciting! It's mostly because of the baby being big that they want to induce you, isn't it?
    Mammalinz that's excellent news that your blood levels are rising. Good luck with the scan on Wednesday.
    Hi MusicalGal. I too am having a pretty good pregnancy and like you assumed I'd be having a Caesarian or at least be induced early cos of my age. But have been told my I'm being treated like any other pregnancy. I guess we'll just have to wait and see as it gets closer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    mammalinz - hope your scan goes well tomorrow.

TeamPanda - It's the combination of age and the big baby, but the doc we talked to on the day said the risk of anything going wrong is still small.

Everything looking good this morning, I can feel movements and listened to the heartbeat with my doppler. Hopefully will be back with a positive announcement in a day or two.

Since starting maternity leave have been seriously nesting here. During the last few days have done a lot of odd jobs around the house, have gone through all the stuff we've been given, assembled furniture and washed and put away baby clothes.

Have just gone through my hospital bag again, now will rest ready for tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh Chook, I'm feeling so emotional for you. Good luck and look forward to hearing some news in the next few days. Sounds like you have a lot of energy in these last few days. Hope I do too when I get closer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so happy and excited for you too Chook! I'm going away tomorrow and will prob have no internet until Sat. Hope I log on to good news then! Wishing you lots of luck for your miracle bub xx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow Mammalinz! Hope you get great news at your scan too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    chook11 - good luck - home stretch now.

thanks for the well wishes re: scan. Bit nervous. Hopefully it is all okay... At least we will know one way or the other today :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default bad news

i think I am out :-( ... according to the scan we are 6 weeks and 4 days when we should be further along. Doesnt look good. Have to have another scan in 7-10 days.. but I am not feeling hopeful ...

No one rang from the clinic .. just as well I guess..