+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. I feel so tired today though. Thanks for the responses. Yes I agree, best to see how things pan out. I'm sure the obstetrician will do whats right for me at the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prue40 - How are you feeling? Lucky with the temps not being to hot in Melbourne - I am guessing you may not be in Melb!

Chook11- I got 5 eggs from one batch (the only batch I ever got! from many cycles). Maybe a good batch as I have a 2 year old daughter and am possibly pregnant now - maybe?

Coconut11- Wow good luck coconut! 30 weeks. Just around the corner. Which hospital are you going? Where are you located in Melb? Are you having a boy or girl, both or a surprise? I remember the last bit going very fast.

TeamPanda - I have not heard good things with frosties either! So I am in a bit of shock at the moment. Esp as it is from my daughters batch of eggs (um only ever batch of eggs) - I normally came back with zero! How many weeks pregnant are you? My doctor (Nick) treated me very differently due to my age (I was 42 when I had my daughter). Who is your doc? same as your FS? Your also in Melbourne, right? Anyway - I agree with you - I am sure your doc knows what they are doing. I had my daughter at 37.5 weeks. Very happy with this as I had a difficult pregnancy.

Octbaby2010 - Hello - are you pregnant ? I couldnt tell from your signature

well ladies - how wonderful it is are all here . We truly have been blessed don't you think? I am too scared to think this is really happening to me again.. I mean how is it possible? Nevertheless - home pregnancy test still says I am pregnant, i feel insane (but not sure if this is due to pregnancy, age or IVF!!) the 2nd is when my blood test is due. I met a friend last week who reported she had a frosty put back in and got pregnant and 5 weeks later miscarried. So nervous ! she is also my age. Whatever happens I am so grateful to have my daughter. She is a true miracle and everyday I still cant believe i (we) were lucky enough to be provided with such an amazing, interesting, cooky, delightful human bean. If I am given another miracle - it will be beyond words and if it is taken away - that ill be okay also. I just have to leave it to what will be ...
    Last edited by mammalinz; 27-12-2013 at 05:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    G'day All,

Hope everyone got through the Christmas mayhem unscathed. I didn't have to cook - went to my parents for lunch then DP's parents for dinner. Very tired afterwards. My mum gave me the bone of the ham so I'm planning to make pea and ham soup.

Had a doctors appointment today - everything looking good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mammalinz, yes, I'm 24 weeks pg after 8 cycles. I have a 3 yo DS from IVF #2 but took another 6 cycles to get pg again. I am actually not quite 40 (bub due 2 weeks before my birthday) but with low AMH, low egg numbers, poor quality, adenonmyosis, mfi, only ever one frosty, I feel like I fit in better here! We were pretty much at the end of the road with a last ditch 2nd opinion. My new fs found my adenonmyosis, treated it and it worked next cycle. I am so glad I persisted and feel very blessed.

I really hope this bubba stays stuck for you and another miracle is on its way. I understand your anxiety. I feel like I can hardlybreathe this pregnancy. I've had a few scare early and then came back high risk for Down Syndrome at 12 weeks. Our 19 week scan showed no markers and all looks good but I'm still scared something will go wrong.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Getting close now Chook!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mammalinz - I am 23 weeks pregnant. Im with Lynn and had to do 8 stim cycles to get to this pregnancy. First one miscarried due to trisomy 13. I usually got a good number of eggs and once got 4 frosties but out of those 1 didn't thaw, 1 stopped growing 2 were put in. And I had a chemical. WHat a waste. I do wonder if they were perfectly good embryos and whether my body wasn't in the right state to accept them. Who knows? Whilst I was swimming for this last cycle I went to see Nick as I was close to giving up and wanted a second opinion. We would have done a cycle with him using the stem cell therapy his team are experimenting with. It was such a good day when I rang his suites and said cancel the appointment, I'm pregnant.
    my obstetrician is Dr Regan because Lynn doesn't do obstetrics anymore.
    Let's hope and pray that you have a good strong emby there. The early weeks can be so anxiety ridden.
    Chook that's fantastic that everything is looking good.
    October I'm also scared something will go wrong. I think that's never going to leave us now. I think once we get to the 29 weeks mark we should feel a little better as at that point babies can survive quite well outside the womb. Having said that I am so paranoid about everything I eat. And know even up till the last week listeria and the like are lethal for babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All good with me. Here's a photo of my gorgeous girl born in March this year - after the challenges, the miscarriages and 38 weeks + of pure anxiety :-)

Everyone will be happy to know how quickly the bad bits are forgotten and how easily I would sign up to do it again! I very much hope Mammalinz gets another happy ending.
    Last edited by Pru40; 02-01-2014 at 01:30. Reason: Deleting photo now everyone has seen it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Prue, she is so gorgeous!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Pru40  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pru she is a darling!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Pru40  (30-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just sneaking in to say CONGRATULATIONS to Mammalinz, I must admit I am a big believer in frosties, as my 20 month old son Thomas was a frosty! I have another from his batch waiting in the freezer and will put it back this year, so I'm delighted to read a success story ... Thomas is absolutely gorgeous, perfect and full of beans. My only complaint is that I have given birth to a lark, he is up at 5:15am every morning and DH and I are owls ... so its always a contest to see who has to get up to deal with him!

Also Chook wanted to tell you that Tom had above average measurements right through and his abdominal measurement was very high, well above the top of the mean. Well, he's a big boy - still on the 98th percentile for everything at 20 months - and as my paediatrician told me "God meant him to be a big tall boy, and that's what he is". He is perfect in every way, has hit every milestone dead on time, is walking and talking nine to the dozen (he now has learnt to say 'hooray' which he says every time he does a poo, which is hilarious). I won't lie, if you go back through the threads you will see that I worried about EVERYTHING during my pregnancy with him, I was extremely stressed, which is why it is so funny that he is such a laid back little chap. I had him via scheduled caesar at 38 and a half weeks - he was breech - and he had the biggest head born at the hospital that week so in retrospect I'm glad I had a Caesar!

Greeting and happy baby growing vibes to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Octoberbaby2010
    Oh yes I am scared of everything (Again!) Worried about the blood test of Friday, will we get to the 7th week scan and dont even get me started on the DS testing... with your HR DS what test did you get - just the standard blood test. I think all the tests tend to come back high as our age pops us into a higher bracket . I remember I had no markers at 19 weeks either. It is a pretty good scan right - as it is the ultra sound. I recall this did ease my stress some what. so does this mean you know what your having..?
    By the way - your story is a miracle ... you must be so wrapped!

Teampanda
    I love your name. You mentioned you MC due to T13 What is this and how did you know? I love Lynn!! She collected eggs for me with my first (and only batch) and was so nice .. and she is the one who put this bub back in ! I should have a good feeling. Can i ask what foods youve been avoiding.. I havent even looked at that yet.. feel I am being premature but maybe I should be behaving like this will happen. With our first perfect child .. (hee hee) we didnt buy a cot or anything for that matter till 36 weeks !!! that is how paranoid we were. At 37 weeks Nick brought her into the world. 23 weeks - I would love to be 23 weeks!! How are you feeling?

Prue40
    I know I am hormonal but I cried when I saw the pict of your beautiful daughter. A miracle ! and so sweet.

Tryingfortwo
    Oh the early weeks makes you crazy! I mean the whole peg makes you crazy! Thank you for your kind words and popping in and saying hello. Getting up early is a killer - right. In fact it is 6.44 and I can not believe my daughter is asleep. Since being pregnant .. 2 weeks - i have been waking super early. Happened last preg also. It is weird because as soon as I have the baby I go back to needing sleep. Oh I so dont want to miscarry :-( but I guess it isnt up to us.
    Last edited by mammalinz; 29-12-2013 at 05:46.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mammalinz For This Useful Post:

Pru40  (30-12-2013)