+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Pru
    Thanks for that. I can't open the link yet so will read it later.
    Excuse my ignorance but what is AMA?

Thanks
    Reviews
    AMA = advanced maternal age

There's a special term for us!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your replies. Sorry a while getting back. I have been sick with diarrhoea and vomiting the last two days. My GTT has been postponed until Thursday. Baby is moving as normal.

The head cirumcference was 324.2mm and femur length was 69.7mm, both within the normal range, but higher than the mean. The abdominal circumference was the big one and was 337mm, above the 95th centile. This put the estimated weight of 3046g (6lb 11oz) just above the 95th centile. It seems like it is mostly the abdomen that is fat, the head and other parts are within normal range.

I am getting more neurotic about still birth in these final stages, especially since this happened to a friend of mine. Since my last doctors appointment I have been getting more worried and am checking the heartbeat and looking out for movements all the time. Thinking now I would like to see Baby out sooner rather than later, so I will probably go with what the doctor says and induce a week before the due date if needed. However, I will still do acupuncture in the lead up to it, to try to prepare the body. Maybe l'll go into labour early and still avoid the induction.

I was also reading about the "bishop score", this score is calculated from various factors including effacement, dilation, position and how far the baby has descended. Apparently a high score gives a good indicator that induction will result in a vaginal birth. So maybe if I get this score done before going into an induction, if the score is good it will give me more confidence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies
    This is my first time posting on this site so not really sure of things. But I have spent many hours over the last few years reading about everyone's experiences and trying desperately to gain some inspiration.
    I started IVF at 40, as did not meet my partner until 39, spent 18monthsdoing IVF and finally fell pregnant at 42!!!! I was told many times of the statistics of me falling pregnant at my age, but like everyone else could not imagine my life without a child, so I kept going.
    This time was my last time as I felt I had cried so much I couldn't cry any more and to our delight we were pregnant. I am now 30 weeks and everything is going well and hopefully continues.
    I wanted to post this so others like myself,over 40, looking for happy endings can read mine.
    Good luck to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for sharing your lovely story Coconut! I know many of us here can relate. Congrats on getting to 30 weeks. Hope things continue to go well. Make sure you share your good news here when bub arrives

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies !!!!!
    I am the originator of this group .. I am now 44 years old with a 2 year old daughter who is beyond wonderful. I have been lurking for the last couple of weeks and am finally brave enough to speak up.
    After we had our perfect daughter - we had one embryo left over and for two years we have stalled! We were initially going to give it away (to a couple who were struggling with similar issues) but my partner couldnt do that - and I couldnt get rid of a life we worked so hard to get!! SO HARD!
    anyway - we went to miracle nick last week - and we popped the embryo back into this old oven and now we are waiting. OF COURSE - we dont expect to get pregnant - RIGHT ! It is impossible. I am 44! Impossible
    well... we took a home pregnancy test .. and we are Pregnant!!
    I realise this probably wont last .. I mean it cant - lightening does NOT strike twice.

Anyway I dont DARE put a pregnancy stamp on here - I will at least wait till the blood test - 2nd of Jan. Oh ladies .. I do hope i get to stay, I do hope I get to provide my daughter with a sibling... I know I dont deserve it.. but it would be lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coconut - Wonderful news! Do let us know further good news when bubs is born.

mammalinz - Also wonderful news! Shows we don't always need heaps of eggs for it to work out.

I had the second GTT last week - did not hear back so I suppose no news is good news and I don't have GD - and can whatever I like over the festive season.

How is everyone going in the lead up to Christmas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Coconut that's great news! Do stick around on this thread. Love hearing positive stories. Plus we hear so much about ivf failures at this age, it's nice to hear that it can and does happen. How many cycles did you have to go through?
    Mammalinz I hope you get good news! You are really lucky to have that frostie. I never had much luck with frosties. I hope its a sticky one for you. It must have been a strong emby for them to freeze it.
    Chook well done with your tests. How are you now feeling? I went to see my obstetrician last week and he said I am having a normal pregnancy. All my tests have come back normal and all the babies scans have come back normal. He saids he will treat me like any other pregnant women and won't do anything different due to my age. Mum thinks I should go earlier and should be induced, he saids he is treating me like any other pregnant women. What do you all think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Mammalinz, I really hope you have a Christmas miracle baby! Keep believing!

Good news on your results Chook! One less thing to worry about.....

I'm already feeling hot and bothered, not sleeping well and a bit over Christmas before it's even started Hopefully I'll pep up before Wed.

Panda, I'd just wait and see how things go as you get closer. If everything continues to go well, perhaps just wait and go natural, but sometimes it gets taken out of our hands. Obs don't usually take risks so if they are happy with everything now, I'd just go with it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (26-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    TeamPanda - I feel fine here, and thankfully seem to have escaped major aches and pains. My feet are a little bit swollen, and have a bit of carpal tunnel in my right hand. No trouble walking around. At night I have to get up every 2 hours and go to the toilet. I had a bit of heartburn before, but it seems to have gone away in the last week or so. I am wondering if the baby has dropped a little.

I think go with what obs says at the moment, and see how the next scans and tests go.

To everyone
    - All the best with Christmas and all the silly season mayhem!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chook11 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (26-12-2013)