+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks ladies,

I'm back from my scan today and it has been an absolute rollercoaster of events and emotions ...
    Scanned first in the FS office and her machines aren't the strongest and I always knew this - if she needs more info she sends you down to the ultrasound clinic downstairs where they have all the high powered machinery.
    I am 7 weeks and 4 days today so there should have been a lot more to see than last week, but unfortunately there wasn't, no heartbeat and very little to no growth from last weeks scan so she advised us that we had likely miscarried. We discussed my options with natural miscarriage or D&C and I opted for a D&C and thankfully she could fit me in tomorrow so I wouldn't be waiting all week. She told me to go get another ultrasound downstairs to be sure there was no hope at all and sent me on my way.
    We get to the second ultrasound and the tech finds a heartbeat... the baby is measuring 5 weeks and 5 days not 7 weeks and 4 days and heart rate of 74.
    I'm really not sure what to feel - I'm so happy there was a heart beat but the measuring behind two weeks thing is not looking great in my opinion. The FS is going to give me a call later today to follow up on the new turn of events, but for now, I'm still pregnant. Back for another scan on Monday next week so another week of waiting.
    Have any of you had a similar experience where it has gone on to be ok am I kidding myself that this could possibly turn around from this point?

I was somewhat hopeful over the weekend because my symptoms seem to return.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through Emski - as if doing IVF isn't enough to contend with. This really is unfair. I hope your FS has some good news for you when they call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski, what did the FS say? Are they doing another BT at all?
    My bub was meaduring 5 days behind early on (before they heard the heartbeat) and a week later had caught up 2 days and they heard a heartbeat. By 12 weeks, it was measuring a week ahead. Go figure! I really hope this baby hangs in there for you xx.

Thanks
    Reviews
    After coming in to with Emski all the best, I should officially say 'hello' to everyone! Just found this thread!

I'm 41 and only just pregnant (7 weeks) with baby no. 2. Our first child was born when I was 38 and via IVF. This bubs will be born when I'm just shy of 42.

I'm going for my first scan on Friday so holding my breath until then.

Good to see so many geriatric mothers-to-be in here! I think that's the official term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    emski - Sorry that you are going through this uncertainty. I hope that the next scan is better.

Chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome and congratulations Monicker! Hope everything looks great on Friday! Looking forward to hearing how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Monicker congratulations on the pregnancy. Good luck at your 7 week scan
    Emski sorry about whats happened. It doesn't sound good, but then you hear all these stories where the emby picks up. It could happen to you. You just have to wait it out. X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Monicker - Welcome and all the best for the scan on Friday.

Octoberbaby, Panda - I also have a front placenta. The first time I felt a kick was at 20.5 weeks.

My morph scan was not until 22 weeks, since we were away on holiday 19-21 weeks. We stayed with FS until after the morph scan.

MrsErinR - In my case FS is also an Ob and the receptionist told me to get a new referral, since pregnancy is a "new" condition. So I had to go back to my GP and get another referral.

LizzieG - That's great news about the strong heartbeat. I hope this continues.

I did a cycle with Prof. Dunphy in late 2012, and did a cycle using Elonva. Unfortunately, I didn't develop any follicles at all that cycle, he was reluctant to let me do IVF with him again, and strongly suggested donor eggs. I think he is a nice guy, approached everything compassionately, and he is knowledgeable in his field, but it just didn't happen for me in that cycle. Anyway I didn't listen to his advice, and tried a another FS and a different protocol, and somehow got lucky with one egg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so interesting Chook. I moved to Dr Dunphy as my previous FS - your lucky one - didn't really have anything more to offer me. We were about to give up but I just wanted a second opinion before I walked away as I truly felt something else was going on. Prof Dunphy agreed and had me scanned for adenomyosis which I had a moderate to severe case of and was the likely cause of my embryos not implanting. 6 months of zoladex later, pg. They tell me they see each others patients all the time. I am so greatful to them both for getting me pg at different times. Sometimes I think a new set of eyes and a different mindset makes all the difference!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lizzie- just wanted to congratulate you on the strong heart beat. It's sounding very hopeful.