+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi again, I went with Dr David Frieden - my sister used him with my nephew and was really happy with him - and everything I could find on him was positive. Hard to choose an OB - they don't exactly give out a lot of info online!

Oh that morning sickness sounds like something to look forward to - after talking to a few other ladies I think I should start to enjoy currently having no symptoms! I am getting nervous about third beta tomorrow but I guess what will be, will be.

This is your first baby right? It will be for us - met later in life ...

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    G'dy Emski, Panda, good to get a few of us on this thread, best not talk to about pregnancy aches and pains on the ttc thread.

Had the glucose tolerance test last Friday. Results came back OK so I don't have gestational diabetes, so at least don't have to worry about that.

Scan on Wed (28 weeks), everything fine, except baby is large for gestational age (and I don't have diabetes). The head circumference and femur length were on the large side, that is fine, but what I'm worried about was the abdomen measurement which was off the charts.

A doc came in during the scan and he said not to worry. But after that, we had an appointment with a doc in the main clinic. He just stared at the results and said "what is this baby doing?". Made me really nervous. He said if I eat too much sugar the baby will end up over 4kg at the end. I felt awful afterward. Hopefully I won't get the same doc on the next visit.

I was of normal BMI before the pregnancy, so no special problems, but during the early part of the pregnancy I was eating a lot of junk because of feeling nauseous, and have continued with some of the junk. DH has been eating it too and he's put on weight. So both of us need to watch it a bit more.

So now I am on a kind of a "diet" - no more choccies, no chips, no ice cream, no juices or sugar drinks, no pizzas. Just home cooked normal meals from now on. Instead of a chocolate from the vending machine at work, I eat an apple. Instead of buying chips, I bring in lunch from home. Hopefully things will even out a bit by the next scan in 6 weeks time (week 34).

Morning sickness - I had a bit of nausea on and off up to about Week 10 where it started to decrease. I only threw up a couple of times.

Booking OBS - I planned to stayed with FS until after the nuchal scan at Week 13 (he is an obstetrician as well), since I was afraid of jinxing everything. I would have liked to stay with FS right through to the end, but he only delivers at a hospital which is a bit far from our house. We asked to be referred to the Mater in South Brisbane which is 5 min from our house and my work. Since we went for a holiday for 3 weeks and we couldn't get an appointment at the Mater straight away, ended up staying with FS until the scan at 22 weeks.

Childcare - I've put my name down at a couple of places in my local area. It seems like it is really difficult to get a place and there are long waiting lists. At my work I get 26 weeks paid leave, after that I have to go back. So I am looking for childcare starting around May/June.

best wishes,
    Chook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi again -

Good to see you Chook - thanks for the advice/tips I might look into childcare after the 12 week scan.
    Regarding your scan - I often wonder if some of these people think before they just say something - surely they must realise how stressful this is for the mums to be!
    Good luck with the healthy eating regime - I'm coeliac so am now even more limited in what I can eat when you factor in the listeria risk... so I don't eat a lot of processed stuff anyway - but am still overweight.

Third beta result is in this afternoon - up to 1182 from the last beta of 347 on Monday so all looking ok - Progesterone at 308. Last blood test next Fri.

Panda how are you going?
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Chook. Sorry to hear that you are still feeling nervous at 28 weeks. It just never ends, does it. A friend of mine has diabetes and her little girl was over 5 kilos at birth, the obstetrician said she was the biggest baby he had ever delivered. Both mother and little girl are fine. But geez I'd never seen such a huge bubba. Well done on getting yourself into a healthy eating regime now. Better late than never.
    Emski - so glad your beta is rising. Your progesterone is very good. Are you on clexane and prednisolone as well. I took them to 12 weeks and couldn't wait to see the back of them. Two of my girlfriends had Dr Frieden for all their pregnancies and I know he is very well regarded. They both loved him. One of my girlfriends had a very difficult downs pregnancy and he was excellent throughout.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hey Panda,

yeah still on prednislone, clexane and crinone - not sure when I am to stop as I have Factor V Lieden (clotting thing) so may have to continue on longer with clexane. I'm good at it now and have managed to only have one big bruise since I started this last cycle in early Oct so it's not bothering me so much this time. Last time I looked like someone had taken to my tummy with a baseball bat!

It's good to hear some more positive reviews of Dr Frieden - I initially tried two other OB's but they were both away in July (maybe there's some conference on or something). My sister said he wears a bow tie with babies on it!
    What week are you up to now? I'm going to look into the Harmony test, you did that through Monash didn't you? How early can you do it?
    Are you having a long weekend?
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - You have to wait till you hit week 10 for the Harmony Test. There needs to be enough baby dna in your own blood for them to test. So I went in at 10 weeks 5days. Monash does it, but only on mondays at Clayton. Not sure about Richmond. You need to have a meeting with the genetic counsellor first which takes about an hour. There was a hold up the day I went in and I ended up waiting to see someone for over an hour. Lucky I was on holidays. Cost is $850. Test takes 12 days to come back.They will also ask you whether you want to be tested for klinefilder and turners syndrome and you will have to tick the box in the appointment. Be prepared because I wasnt for that one. Make sure you book in your 12 week scan early. I couldnt get into my preferred ultrasound place and managed a booking with the third one I called. You have to have it between certain dates and its not flexible. I went to City Imaging in the end and they were very good. Sonographer was excellent and had a good bedside manner.
    Im 15 weeks and 5 days today. Still having reflux and feeling not quite right after eating. Still have bad taste in my mouth, but not all the time now. Thankgod!
    At work today but going to mornington peninsula tonight and tomorrow. So tired today.
    How are you feeling anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks Panda that's really helpful info. I guess we will want to rest for all abnormalities possible, this test is very accurate isn't it? I have a scan booked with lynn on the 11th and my OB booked me in on the 12th for one as well, do they not organise your 12 week scan for you?
    Congrats on the 15 week milestone! I'm currently 5+4 (but who's counting heh?) I have sporadic heartburn and my boobs hurt at night more than the day, my progesterone is at 308 which is probably contributing to that and my constipation! Sometimes I think I feel queasy, but then think that thinking of feeling queasy is making me feel queasy! Had insomnia last night, wide awake til 2 am, could be the steriods, or too much forum reading!
    Have a great break, I took today off and have just had two nights at our farm in Gippsland, so very relaxed.
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    emski - Beta sounds good. Good luck for Friday.

I was on crinone until about week 12. Was glad to see the back of that.

Also have had heartburn all along. It often comes on in the afternoon or evening.

I have been on a good diet all week and feel good. To be safe will avoid sugar and junk food for the rest of the pregnancy. Basically returning to my normal pre-pregnancy diet. I've also been walking to work to get a bit more fit.

Actually I had a lot of weight gain early in the pregnancy but it is much slower now. Hopefully things will even out by the end of the pregnancy.

Went to a Melbourne Cup lunch at work and had a chicken roll and some salads.
    Baby is kicking a lot the last week. Usually things are quiet in the morning, and kicking builds up in the afternoon and evening. Things normally quieten down when I walk - they say the rocking sends babies to sleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski- I had loads of insomnia in the early days. I think its a good sign!
    Yes Harmony is very accurate, though if it comes back high risk they will still want you to have an amnio. My obstetrician wrote me the referral for the scan and Harmony test, then I had to go and book it myself. I'm sure he will go through all of this with you when you see him.
    Chook - sounds like you are on a good health regime. I've spent all weekend wondering how I grew such a big stomach when I'm only 16 weeks (tomorrow). I've been indulging in sweet things too, but only because I have such a bad taste in my mouth. I think Ill take a page out of your book and try to avoid sugary foods and junk. When did you first start feeling movement?
    Last edited by Team panda; 05-11-2013 at 17:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Team panda View Post
    When did you first start feeling movement?
    Team panda - I started feeling movement around 20.5 weeks. At the time I was using the doppler trying to find baby's heartbeat when I got a kick at the position of the doppler. It was like a little protest. At first movements were on and off and sometimes would not feel anything for a day or two. Now at 29 weeks I feel movements all the time. If I just put my hands on my belly can usually feel something within a minute or two.

I have an anterior placenta, so they said I might not feel movements until later in the pregnancy in comparison to other ladies.