+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi can I join in to? I'm 14 weeks pregnant and just turned 43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. An update. We went for our 12 week NT scan last week, and found that our bub had not survived ( no heartbeat and only measured to 10+1 ) we trust and pray that our bub is resting in the arms of angels.
    I wish all on this site a safe and happy journey to parenthood.
    We are still dealing with our loss and are yet to decide if we will try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. An update. We went for our 12 week NT scan last week, and found that our bub had not survived ( no heartbeat and only measured to 10+1 ) we trust and pray that our bub is resting in the arms of angels.
    I wish all on this site a safe and happy journey to parenthood.
    We are still dealing with our loss and are yet to decide if we will try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maturemum Im so so sorry. I cant imagine how devastating that must be. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mummalinz, congratulations to you!!!!

That's wonderful news, I had to respond even tho I'm not utd. I wish I could join you but I'll be 44 in two weeks and we've decided to stop trying for a second. Thankfully we were blessed with an IVF miracle and I had her at 42 in March 2012. There were no complications, I had a very easy pregnancy (if not a bit stroppy) and a non-horrendous birth there's every reason to believe that yours will be the same. Enjoy every minute of it (apart from the bits when you don't, and it's ok to ***** and moan about those )

Thanks
    Reviews
    maturemum, I am so sorry to read your news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi everyone, I think it's time for me to move out of the 40+TTC thread and into here - I don't want to upset anyone by talking about my pregnancy neuroses in that thread. I'll still keep a toe in there to see how everyone is going but want to be mindful as well.
    Hello Panda good to see you here - do any of our other graduates come on this thread? I've not had a chance to read right through... we have a few at the moment don't we Octoberbaby, Twocam, Musicalgal, you, me...
    Maturemum - sorry to read your update.
    Chook hello - I think you popped into our 40+ thread with your inspirational story a little while ago
    I'm 5 weeks today - and nervous - all my symptoms have disappeared in the last 5 days or so to the point where sometimes I think I dreamt the whole BFP thing! Makes me nervous to not have symptoms though. Third beta tomorrow - it just seems like a whole lot more waiting from here on in, but I can't believe I've had to book and OB already which goes against every superstitious/jinxy bone in my body.
    Anyway - just wanted to say hi and hopefully get the thread moving a bit!
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski - I also think its a good idea to talk here. I feel bad talking too much about pregnancy on the over 40s, but then at the same time its good to give the others hope that it can happen to them. Because it can. Ive always said its just how many times you can endure the ivf process. I know everyone has differnet tolerances levels of how much they can take of this journey.
    Agree lets get this thread moving. Hopefully we can get more joining.
    Regarding obstetricians I booked in after my third beta, which was 2 weeks after 16DPO. I thought it was still early considering most pregnant girls (you know, who fall pregnant the normal way) would just be finding out. My DH told me I have to start booking childcare as someone at works keep telling him. Im sorry but that where I draw the line. Its getting ridiculous in this city! But yes it does feel strange booking an ob so early but you just cancel if something goes wrong, which hopefully it wont.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    lol @ childcare - yes slightly jumping the gun, but probably smart!
    I wanted Cabrini so booked my OB already (just went with my sisters recommendation) and I'm on their tentative waiting list at Cabrini for now - I said to the receptionist I feel so stupid booking something so early and she advised that Cabrini goes quick - probably because it's smaller I guess.
    How are you feeling anyway have you had any MS yet? I'm kind of dreading it - I used to get terrible hangovers and can only imagine that's what it is like, but having to go through work and live life too! Urgh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I booked Cabrini too and it does go very quickly.Im with Dr Regan. Who did you go with?
    I know what you mean about terrible hangovers which is one of the reasons why I dont drink. Cant stand the day after! But yes, Ive had awful nausea. And its been 7/24. Feels like a combination of hangover/car sickness/motion sickness. Started about week 7 and its just starting to ease off now. Could only eat small amounts as I would feel like I was going to explode. That compounded with queasiness and its been pretty yuck. The worst part is you have to go to work, but it takes your mind off how bad you are feeling. Going out with girlfriends has been difficult as Ive had to pretend I was feeling sprightly whilst trying to hide the fact I was pregnant, whilst looking gaunt in the face and very bloated and feeling disgusting!
    Good Luck with it! All part of the experience. I wouldnt worry yet if you are not feeling anything though. It will come, unless you are one of the lucky ones.