+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 52 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello to All

Hello to All,

I have been reading the threads , as they get posted to my email, but havent posted myself
    Thought it was about time I did.
    Congratulations to Mammalinz on the birth of Annika !
    Congrats and good luck to all the other mums still on their journey ....
    To all new ones - Hello and I hope everything is going well for you all.
    AFM - Im now 34 and half weeks. I have my dates for my Cesearean and are anxiously awaiting...... 30th March . ( so not too long now)
    I have been well, except for the usual tiredness, un-comfortableness and some nausea occasionally. (which is worse being older)
    Had a scan at 30 weeks, due to low lying placenta - 1cm from cervix- but having a cesear anyway. Scan showed baby to be little above average in size.
    This is my 5 pregnancy- and I must say it is so much harder carrying at 41 . My first child born when I was 20 and the last at 31. So I feel for all you ladies going through this- not only being older, but with all the other ups and downs you have to go through.
    I had a high risk for Downs and did the CVS- and it all went very well. No pain- or spotting. I still worry about having a 'healthy child' though and its getting worse as it gets closer!!! My 4th child has cystic Fibrosis, and although this and downs has been ruled out, im still freaking out about other abnormalities- due to being 'over 40' and IVF.
    I hope everyone is doing well...
    Take care
    Siennaray xoxoxo

2. The Following User Says Thank You to siennaray For This Useful Post:

Pru40  (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just a quick one from me

Lilwish- good luck with your scan today. Hoping like crazy you see a heartbeat

CJM- hope you got some info from your ob and are feeling more positive. As others have said your scan was good just your BT bringing the odds down

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilwish---

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilwish, thinking of you today, hoping like crazy that all is okay

CJM, thinking of you, hoping all is okay

Thanks
    Reviews
    CJM1, really hoping all is ok for you ??

Siennaray, nice to hear yr doing so well. Good luck for the rest of the way.

Hi to TFT, Wannabb, Frosty, Mamma & everyone else.

AFM, thank you so much for all your support, girls. Unfortunately the scan yesterday confirmed what I already knew... theoretically I was 9wks but size measured only 7wks2days, no hb, and sack already collapsing. All booked in for D&C today. From this we were going to have it tested to see if it was in fact a chromo problem. Obs (who is also an FS but not my regular FS) believes that I'm just not getting the necessary support once I get bfp... asprin, theroxin, progesterone & I think he said prednisone? He's encouraging us to try again if we're up to it, but to see him as soon as get bfp to start drugs to support pregnancy. So after having fully decided to give up, we were left with some decision making to do... We decided to wait for chromo test results from D&C, then decide...
    Well as usual my body doesn't do anything as planned. I was awake all nt in excruciating pain, then at 6am this morning I passed it all. So I called Obs. He said if I still have cramps & bleeding (yes) then there's prob still something there. So off to hosp. Check in, get my room, hang around, take me to pre-op. Obs meets me there, we chat, he finds an u/s & does scan - no sack or baby left... no need for D&C & therefore no testing can be done!So now we're left wondering whether to risk going down this path again and having 4th mc with the hope that it's not chromo issues afterall and supporting drugs help sustain pregnancy...
    DOES IT EVER END??????

So I guess I no longer qualify for this thread - yet again. I don't know whether I'll be joining you again sometime or not, but will stop in to check on you and wish you all very happy healthy pregnancies

Thanks again for all your support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilwish- I am so sorry that this was the result. 4 times must be devastating for you and DH. Hope you take time to grieve for yourselves then make your decisions. Huge hugs hon

8. The Following User Says Thank You to wannabb For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hard work

I'm so sorry to hear your news, Lilwish. It just sucks, what can I say?

Don't give up or try to make decisions now, my FS says it's a numbers game at our age.
    Look after yourself and DH. Big hugs and love to you

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pru40 For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilwish---I'm so sorry It just seems it's never ending and so unfair, life keeps throwing you curveballs. I've at times in the past just sat there and let the balls hit me on the head repeatedly and cry why me, why are others so lucky and why I'm not, why do I deserve this, other times I'd catch it and throw it back and yell stuff you, you're not going to beat me, I'm not letting you win, other times I just duck/hide and run the opposite direction. I also had 4 unexplained MC's, it certainly made me doubt if I will ever make it to a livebirth. But the flipside is you know you can get BFP's. There is always hope if there's a BFP, one of these days, the BFP will turn into a live baby for you. I hope you'll find the strength to come back and keep on batting.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (03-03-2012),lilwish  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    liliwsh - I was devastated to read your about your loss this morning. I cried. IVF is so cruel and unrelenting. It is hard to know what to do next. I found it helpful to grieve and then the answer would come to me, what I needed to do next, that would be right for me and my partner. My heart goes out to you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mammalinz For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (03-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilwish, I was just so sad to read your devastating news - it is so, so unfair. So many times in this journey I gave up, reconciled myself to it, but then woke up the next morning feeling like I could try again - whatever your process is, I hope you come to a conclusion you feel comfortable with. I hope you feel physically better soon - I know from experience that sadly the emotional wounds will take longer to heal. I am not sure if this helps but my final, successful FS decided I needed more support for pregnancy, and it made the difference for me - after my eight unsuccessful IUI/IVF cycles I was on progesterone pessaries and nothing else. My new FS put me on progesterone pessaries/Crinone morning and night, 20mg Provera (oral progesterone), estrogen plus prednisone and aspirin. Maybe it is worth a try? Whatever you decide, take care of and nurture yourself