+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone! FANTASTIC day today - finally a scan where everything looks fine!!! Baby's abdomen, femur, head etc all within normal range AND all my blood tests came back normal! One more hurdle to go - the GTT on Thursday. We could see baby practice breathing so the obs said this is a very good sign that baby would be fine if he were to come out early. Hope everyone else on this thread is having a great day too!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

Frostysmum  (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trying, that's fantastic news!

I wish I could say the same for us. We had 1st obs scan today. Size seems ok but heartbeat a bit slow (ninety-something).
    Dr said could be warning sign of mc or could be ok as sometimes pregnancy continues fine.
    For me however the warning lights went off. With our 1st pregnancy, scan showed size ok but hb slow... so just like "spotting is normal", it's not normal for me cos all I get is light spotting with mc (no full bleed). fortunately no spotting this time - yet.
    Anyway, had bt, will do another on Wed and find out results Thurs (please double!!!). another scan Thurs week.
    We've done the hard yards, when do we get the good news????
    I have to say if I lose this one I really think that's it for me. I don't think I can keep going.

Hope everyone else is having a better day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry about this post but have tried to edit 3 timescale stupid phone keeps running everything together when I submit. Tryingfortwo- great news about your scan. Lilwish- hoping with everything crossed that bubba is just being naughty and everything is good at next ScanRedmumma - I remember you from the brissie thread. Glad your bleeding settled and you now have a healthy bundle of joy. I left Brisbane and worked in Tas for 6 months and have now moved back to Adelaide to settle. Still love tas and would not mind moving there but family is here. Frostysmum- so happy you got your BFP and all going well now.
    Last edited by wannabb; 21-02-2012 at 05:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilwish, I really, really hope this is no big deal and your pregnancy is going to continue just fine ... this pregnancy I have had a number of scares - small sac at 7 weeks, weekly scans where I was told not to make an obs appointment because I probably wouldn't need it, small abdominal measurement etc and it all seems to be turning out okay ... I am just hoping hoping that you are having one of those scares too and everything turns out okay in the end. Hang in there

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilwish- hope that BT doubles today. Sonhoping everything is good

Thanks
    Reviews

Thumbs up what she said...

Lilwish, just try to keep in mind what Tryingfortwo said. She's so right!

Lots of weird things happen or don't happen within the normal parameters, it doesn't mean the worst. All this technology is a double edged sword.

If I were in your shoes of course I would be scared too, but try to be practical and optimistic: put yourself to bed at 9.30pm, keep sugary food to a minimum to take some of the load off your body/to keep your blood sugar stable, and keep yourself well hydrated. Hug DH a lot and let yourself cry, if you can, it will lower your stress level. [apologies if you don't need advice, I send love too]

Crossing fingers & toes for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    lilwish---- for the BT and the scan next week.

TFT---Goodluck for keeping down the glucose tomorrow. Try not to let them pressure you to drink that stuff too quick.

AFM---We did the hospital tour last night, most of us were waddling along and made a bee line to the nearest chairs whenever we could, and then there was this woman who was in 3" high heels , I secretly cursed her with lots of ankle swelling very very soon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

Amandamoo  (22-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Thanks to all of you lovelies for your kind words of support.
    Thanks also to Pru40 for you advice. fortunately I'm doing all of that anyway (lucky to make it to 9.30 actually, but then restless nights of worrying)

Just a quick update:
    Not good news, unfortunately. BTs showed that hormone levels not doubling as they should. Obs hasn't given up yet tho... scan again next Thurs. DH & I going crazy with worry. I'm 8wks today. This is the longest I've gone without spotting (leading to mc), but still can't help but freak out and do paranoid checks all the time. We just so desperately need some good news!
    So tired of being in 'will it survive' limbo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilwish- don't give up hope yet. My hcg stopped doubling at around 6 weeks then took 72-96 hrs to double. My obs said this is normal. I think the highest I got to was 48000 I think at 7 weeks and I have twins. So surprised as didn't think my levels reflected this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wannabb For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabb & Trying, thank you so much for sharing your similar stories. It gives me a bit of hope.

I went to acup on Fri nt, had a good cry, and she gave me some hope too. She could still feel a preg pulse & said something's definitely still going on in there. We can't be sure whether its bub or palcenta still growing but something is. TMI warning, sorry: I've had a couple of one-off brown smears (only with bowel movt & quite mucussey) and a little bit of dull cramping now and then, but nothing I'm too concerned about yet (is that normal?). I'm doing the moxa points my acup gave me as well as herbs... all to help baby grow, so hope it's working .
    Trying REALLY hard to stay positive.