+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Frosty,

I haven't been on for ages. I looked you up to see how you were going. I am so, so thrilled for you. I notice you are having a girl - congratulations! I hope all is well and uneventful!!! We are doing fine. Life is hectic, not much sleep, but absolutely love it!

Love to you,
    Redmumma x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redmumma For This Useful Post:

Frostysmum  (02-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tryingfortwo,

I also popped in and saw you there with your wonderful pregnancy! And a boy! Congratulations and too as with Frosty, I hope it is an uneventful pregnancy. You deserve so much happiness. My little man & I are doing great.

Redmumma x

Thanks
    Reviews
    tryingfor2 - Hey have been thinking about you. Is everything okay? Did you manage to get in contact with your OBs?

Gardenia2 - I was put down for a C-section at 37 weeks and 5 days. The OBs consider 37 weeks to be full term. They do like to play it safe - which I find reassuring ... How are you going? Are you tired? The last few weeks can be a killer? I noticed you have a DD4? Was your last birth C section or natural birth. I am guessing natural as if you have had a C section before - they tend to not let you go natural the second time esp at our age...

redmamma
    - I noticed you had your baby on my birthday! How did it go - ? Did you have a boy or a girl? IVF must seem like a lifetime ago !
    Last edited by mammalinz; 05-02-2012 at 07:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call
    Due dates

Gardenia2 - 16th Feb 2012 - Love a surprise **

LizzieG - 18th March 2012 - girl

trying for two - 10th May 2012 -boy

frostysmum- 14th May 2012- girl

lilbirdy - 14th August 2012

SpotTheOcelot - 4th September 2012

cjm1 -- 6th September 2012

Lilwish - 4th Oct 2011

Births

Hoping4asticky1 - Emma Jane 31/07/11

Mammalinz - Annika Finn 11/1/12

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Luteal phase defect & weight loss

Quote Originally Posted by mammalinz View Post

Pru40 – It is nice to see you. It has been a while. Loosing 8 kilo’s is impressive. Now that I am no longer pregnant, as soon as I have recovered from surgery, I desperately need to start exercising – I have around 20 kilo’s to loose – gosh. If you have any tips...
    Thanks Mammalinz. I hope all is sunny at your place with little Annika. How are your older 'kids' enjoying the baby?

There was a really good summary of the latest research on weight loss in last weekend's Australian newspaper: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1226259949907 . I've got a copy of the full article if anyone wants it.

Given that the female body does amazing things during pregnancy and lactation, I would aim to lose the weight before it becomes your new 'norm'. That article has scared me/put the wind in my sails, so I was out walking our dog at 6am!

Everything else I have learned about weight loss is the following:
    • eat high protein, low carb, low GI
    • eat protein as a part of every meal including breakfast
    • eat seeds to clean out the system (poppy, sunflower, pepitas, sesame,chia)
    • replace all fats and oils with healthy ones (cold pressed olive, avocado, macadamia nut oil etc.)
    • replace one meal with a high protein, low carb shake if you're in a hurry to lose weight like me
    • drink a lot of water (1 cup per 10kg of body weight)
    • reduce the caffeine and cut the alcohol
    • exercise early in the morning and do it daily

The advice I have received on unstable blood sugar_which is the suspected cause of my miscarriages_is to eat every 2 to 3 hours. Basically, follow all the info for managing diabetes.

My good news is not a BFP, but a normal length period, 29 days! First time in years that it wasn't a short cycle and I've been overweight 85kg+ for about 5 years. I was sooooo excited - this sounds insane, who gets excited about CD 1 . So this is the plan for 2012: my DH and I will TTC after I have three normal length cycles in a row. Hopefully, if I fall pregnant again, I won't spend every waking minute expecting the worst.

I'm still having acupuncture and taking supplements from the naturopath.
    Last edited by Pru40; 06-02-2012 at 09:17. Reason: punctuation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mammalinz View Post

redmamma
    - I noticed you had your baby on my birthday! How did it go - ? Did you have a boy or a girl? IVF must seem like a lifetime ago !
    Hi Mammalinz,

Yes, I had a beautiful baby boy. He came 3.5 weeks early. He has done really well. I am overjoyed with him. I can't imagine life without him. I thought I knew what hard work was until I had him. I don't think I was naive to the work that mother's did, but I really had no idea. My recovery post birth (caesar) was uneventful. It's been full steam ahead since then. Yes, IVF seems a lifetime ago now. I also take my hat off to all the ladies doing it now and for sometime. We all have a unique journey.

I must congratulate you on the birth of your daughter Annika, I see from your post. I don't know your history or if you have other children, but I hope you are enjoying your little girl.

Redmumma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everybody!

Sorry I have been elusive, have been too upset this last week to post, just trying to block everything out and focus on getting through the days until my scan today.

We got much better news today Obs told us that she was happy with the growth over the past week, and bubs' Abdominal circumference is now consistent with dates . He is still on the small side though, so while I passed by gestational diabetes test she wants me to do it again in two weeks and this time she wants me to do the two hour test (I did the one hour test last week and literally threw up straight after the nurse took the blood out of my arm so don't know how I will manage two hours?? ) She also wants to do an infection screen so more blood tests for that. I'm on two weekly scans from here on in as well to check on bubs' growth and development. Doppler on the cord all looked good so it seems the placenta is operating normally too. I'm 26 weeks now and every day that passes bubs' chances improve, even if I do go into labour.

Thanks everyone for your support - I tried to post a few times to thank you all but just couldn't get the words out. I tried to explain to the obs today but broke down before I could get the words out - after IVF I think you just want the baby so much, and fear that it will all be taken away from you at any moment, and when something doesn't look good you just automatically assume the worst; its like the possibility of a good outcome doesn't occur, like that's something that happens to other people, not to you. For now, at least, this miracle is still happening to me and I am so very, very grateful.

Redmumma, thank you for your wonderful words. I am just so glad to hear that life with your precious little chap is going well. You deserve every magical moment. Is he sleeping okay for you now?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

Pru40  (07-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tryingfortwo,

What great news (from your last post)! It sounds like your little fella is keeping you on your toes!!!

Oliver is sleeping well now. He is sleeping anywhere from 5-7 hours straight over night. However the last 3-4 nights he has slept 8.5-9 hours!!! I'm hoping this is here to stay, but as I've quickly learnt as a new Mum, never expect anything to stay the same for long!!!

Take care of you and bubba

Redmumma

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TFT---So glad to hear some good news from you. I was getting worried. I too have a big fear that baby will be taken away from me any moment. Even when she kicks and flips, my mind tricks me to think it's premature onset of labour. But every single day is a bonus, one day less of NICU. I just wish we can fast forward to the day bubs are safely in our hands.

AFM---I'm going in to do my GTT today, I'm doing the 2 hr one first up, since I'm old and has family history. Hopefully I won't

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pru40 – Thank you for the article link. Ugh – so dreading trying to loose this weight, but so desperate to do so. It was just the pregnancy that made me stack it on; it was also the TWO years of IVF treatment. You could roll me down the street now – but ALL WORTH IT. Of course! Walking your dog at 6am – I am so impressed with you, girlfriend! All your tips are brilliant except the coffee reduction. Couldn’t give it up doing pregnancy, now that I am no longer pregnant – my gosh – I am drinking way too much coffee. So, happy to hear your body is doing the right thing, nothing like preparing your body for a bub !! It is definitely worth celebrating !

Redmamma – Thanks for your post! What is your boy’s name. Haha – I agree you know it is going to be tough going being a mum, but you don’t realize how full on, right. I have a 12 year old boy – and seriously – I had kind of forgotten how hard the first year can be (like childbirth!!) I did IVF for around 2 years. 2 IUI’s and 4 IVF. The story was my age (of course), low to no eggs, and poor quality. How I managed to get pregnant, stay pregnant and have a baby without any problems – is a miracle and a mystery to me. Redmumma – we are so so so blessed. I look at Annika and (I know it is so new) but sometimes I feel overwhelmed with how lucky and privileged we are ! I am still recovering from the C-section. It has been 4 weeks today – and my wound is still not recovered.. but I am sure it will

Tryingfortwo – Totally understand you being elusive. At times it can seem too difficult! I am so so so happy to read your news. I shed a tear, I was so relieved for you – think it took me back to my pregnancy! It is tough, the IVF pregnancy, but you will get through it. I did the 2 hour diabetes test, it is a *****. My advice is – find the most quiet pathology centre you can find – as you wont feel great during the process. The less people around the better. Take the drink slowly – and still yourself. It is a bit tough, but I know you can do it. I would have loved 2 weekly scans, as I spent most of my pregnancy anxious and not knowing – it would be kind of reassuring to find out every fortnight – it is all on track. I was told the same thing as you, once I was passed the 27 weeks – I could birth Annika if needed too and it would turn out okay. Hang in there – your close now!

Frostysmum - Good luck with your test today. That test is hard, but once you pass that you will feel invincible –I did! The rest of the pregnancy was a breeze