+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Spot! Wanted to be the first to say a BIG welcome to this thread! I'm 24 weeks and I STILL get a bit nervous when I wipe , I guess its just par for the course for those of us who have suffered losses. I hope you have an uneventful stay on this thread for 32 weeks 2 days and it ends the same way as Mammalinz - with photos of a beautiful healthy baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roll Call

Due dates

LizzieG - 18th March 2012 - girl

**LadyJane - 22nd March 2012 - sex?

Siennaray – 8th April 2012 – boy

trying for two - 10th May 2012 -boy

frostysmum- 14th May 2012- girl

SpotTheOcelot - 4th September 2012

Births

Mammalinz - Annika Finn 11/1/12
    Hoping4asticky1 - Emma Jane 31/07/11

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Spottheocelot and congratulations on your pregnancy. Keeping it all crossed for you that this is the one, love seeing more and more pregnant over 40's joining the thread.

Mammalinz love the pics, what a beautiful girl. Glad you're loving all the nappies and sleep deprivation , is it like 'playing' mum?

AFM I'm next I'm next I'm next!! ... can you tell I'm excited? Had our 32 week scan this afternoon and our girl is looking good, everything doing what it should be doing and size, etc, is average (dare to call my daughter average hey?!! hehehe). I feel great other than a bit breathless and ready to finish work, 3 more weeks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LizzieG For This Useful Post:

mammalinz  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingfortwo View Post

Frosty, I am likewise very puffy especially my feet, I now have full-blown cankles and even find it hard to walk after sitting down for some time because they get so swollen I am trying not to worry about it because Dr M isn't worried about it, I guess it is worse because it is summer?? I am 24 weeks now and am starting to really let myself hope that it is going to be okay, that we will get to meet this little guy, but I still have moments where I feel anxious and afraid that it will all be taken away from me.
    Trying42 I still feel anxious that it's all going to be taken away, at 32 weeks, I don't think, like Mammalinz, I will believe it until I have her in my arms. Self preservation is a wonderful and horrible thing all at the same time and I always manage to come across something negative on the internet and wish I hadn't read it .

Sorry to hear about your cankles! Are you drinking lots of water? .... that's me answer to everything I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Just dropping in to add myself to the rollcall -- I am 7wks 5days today so just a couple behind you Spot ! Starting to see a few ladies here I have met on the Poor Responders & over 40's groups and it is so nice to see people graduating and having their dreams come true. Still can't quite believe I am finally here myself ! Not having many symptoms -- occasionally feeling sick, and even though I have come close -- haven't actually been sick. Getting the occasional twinge, and some bloating. Pretty sure my boobs are bigger although they aren't particulary sore. I certainly have less stamina although not going to the gym is driving me a little insane, and I am wondering how I will be when I go back to work Friday. We get to have another scan Friday too so I am excited to see the heart beat and maybe a little more this time -- the reassurance that everything is fine will be sooooo good. My next appointment after that is not till the end of Feb -- I think that will drive me crazy !!

Lizzy the next few weeks will fly but so quickly for you -- hope the are relaxing and uneventful for you!

Spot -- welcome ! so good to have someone at about my stage to comapre note with.

Mammalinz -- so glad to see you keep finding time to pop in and contribute even with your new bundle of joy. It is always good to hear form you.

Roll Call
    Due dates

LizzieG - 18th March 2012 - girl
    **LadyJane - 22nd March 2012 - sex?
    Siennaray – 8th April 2012 – boy
    trying for two - 10th May 2012 -boy
    frostysmum- 14th May 2012- girl

SpotTheOcelot - 4th September 2012
    cjm1 -- 6th September 2012

Births
    Mammalinz - Annika Finn 11/1/12
    Hoping4asticky1 - Emma Jane 31/07/11
    Last edited by cjm1; 24-01-2012 at 18:18. Reason: used wrong name

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cjm1 For This Useful Post:

mammalinz  (26-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and I forgot to ask -- what medications did you all stay on during your pregancy and for how long.
    I am still on progesterone pessarries and clexane. The pessaries will see me till week 12, but the cleaxne runs out next week so I thinking of asking for another prescription to kepp me going to week 12. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was on Wazza's cocktail so there's heaps, basically I was told to continue everything till 12 weeks, I made my own little changes , as I was too scared to suddenly drop everything cold turkey.

Aspirin---I stopped it at 6-7 weeks due to persistent bleeding. Took it because of unexplained recurrent miscarriages.

Clexane---Same as aspirin, I stopped it due to the bleeding, but I didn't have any clotting disorders, so I was just taking it for the sake of it. FS thought the bleeding was coincidental but said he didn't object to me stopping.

Prednisolone---I started dropping the dose from week 8, I was on 15mg from before EPU, I reduced by 5mg every 10 days, and the last 2 days I took 2.5mg. I stopped it completely around 11 weeks.

Progynova---Took it till week 9, then halved the dose till between week 10-11.

Provera---Same as progynova.

Progesterone pessaries----On 2 per day from before ET till week 12, then on advice of the obstetrician continuing it once a day to prevent early effacement of cervix (she thinks I'm at risk of cervical incompetence) and she wants me to continue till 33 weeks.

Crinone---Was on one per day (midday), I dropped it when I ran out around 10 weeks, as I figured I was still on 2 per day of progesterone pessaries anyway.
    Last edited by Frostysmum; 24-01-2012 at 17:44.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

cjm1  (24-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow -- you poor thing Frosty. That is such a lot of stuff to take. I don't have any bleeding so I guess I will ask to take the clexane till week 12. It's all kind of scary -- I haven't got this far before.
    Is it baby aspirin you take or normal aspirin?

Thanks
    Reviews
    cjm1, I was on 20mg Prednisolone and baby aspirin for the NK cells, Progynova twice a day and Provera once a day, plus Crinone in the morning and Progesterone Pessaries at night (I used Crinone so I wouldn't have to lie down for a half an hour in the morning - would rather have a sleep-in! ). From 7 weeks the doctor had me phase down the Prednisolone by 5mg every 5 days until I was off it completely, I stayed on the baby aspirin until 12 weeks. I was also dropped down to one pessary a day at 8 weeks, then dropped the Provera, and then at 10 weeks dropped the second pessary. She also weaned me off the Prognova by 10 weeks. Every doctor has different philosophies on when to cut down the drugs and how much (and also different dosages to begin with!), I guess you just have to trust the doctor who helped you to get pregnant to know what to do. My gynaecological history was also a bit complicated by the fact that I had uterine scarring following my last miscarriage which impacted negatively on my lining, so the doctor kept me on the Progynova for longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMIGOSH SPOT!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

I just noticed this thread and came to have a looksie and what stirling shimmering news SPOT Yipeeee - If I could break open the champagne right now I would

WOOOHOO

Hi everyone my name is Gardenia im 42 years old and im Finally pregnant with number 2. Had lots of losses and failed Ivf attempts but finally we got there

I am 37 weeks on Friday

CONGRATULATIONS to each and everyone one of you special ladies. You will be the best mummies and are inspiration to many

Love Gardenia