+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    wannabb - saw FS this morning. He was surprisingly great. Basically stated it as up to us, if we wanted to be 100% sure we would have to have an animo, the decision was ours. He did also mention a much younger girl - 34? had a similar result to me - 1:1300 and ended up with a DS child. After a bit of a debate with DP and brother - i decided to wait for the 20 week scan (in three weeks) apparently they can be 75% if there IS a problem. What would I do if it came back positive, I dont know. My DP has a special needs child, I think it would be very difficult for him if he had another? I think. I dont know, how I would cope either. Is your scan on Wednesday. How are you feeling? Excited. Any pregnancy symptoms

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Mammalinz- just tired but not sure if that is shift work or pregnancy. Occasional bout of morning sickness with heaving but no follow through. was a bit worried last week as had sharp niggles in pelvic area but everyone assures me this is normal. It is hard not having regular Bt to make sure everything is still progressing in that regard. Cant wait for scan Wed 1pm. Unfortunately have to work at 3pm. I have already dropped 16 hrs this fortnight with another 2 on Wed and hopefully 4 on Fri as dont really want to do 12 hr shift.
    When I first started this I said I would not proceed with pregnancy if downs but having taken so long to get BFP I am not sure what I would do now. Also it is easy to say when not having to really make the choice at that time. Hopefully the scan will relieve all fears in 3 weeks time.
    Are you feeling movements yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    wannabb - That is exactly what I had (and still have) heaving with no follow through -- every morning! I recall early on i wanted a BT daily. The first 12 weeks are so hard (no one tells you), then everything starts to speed up and becomes easier ! I feel fluttering in my tum tum but no kicks as such. That started at 15 weeks.
    Yeah... the Downs is a difficult one, it really is... as I said yesterday, we will keep moving forward and see what the scan brings at 20 weeks.
    Only one day till your scan ! Do you think anyone else will join us here - there has to be at least a few more of us, out there lurking ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hope to join you pregnant in a few months!
    I had amnio at 15 weeks with my DS last year as my number was 1:177 so your numbers were terrific!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Elijahs Mum - I hope you join us in a coupel of months also!! Yes, I guess my numbers are good, but someone has to get that (1).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mammalinz- it is probably back to you on this thread. Scan today showed no hb re scan Monday to make sure but believe I am out. Good luck with your 20 week scan. I will pop in and see how you are travelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    wannabb - I am so sorry to hear re: heart beat. You must be so sad, I can not even begin to imagine. I completely understand if you don't pop back, really. I know it is a long shot, but you never know what Monday might bring... dont loose all hope just yet..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wannabb - I don't know if you are still lurking. I have been thinking of you and wondering how you are going? Are you prepared for the second scan tomorrow? Are you able to take a support person ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mammalinz
    Hello I found the thread thanks for letting me know how are u going how many weeks are u now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Leannep - Hi How are you - congratulations again !!! . I am hoping a few of us will venture into this forum in the not too long distant future.. It is a bit hard to stick around on the other forum and talk about the pregnancy... I feel it isnt really fair. Of course, I lurk and talk to the others, but try and keep a bit quiet on the pregnancy front, because it is SO so so so hard for us over 40's! Well, it was for me. I am going well. I am 18 weeks pregnant!! Crazy - I look like I am 32 weeks... which isnt so great. The first 12 weeks of this pregnancy (and I think others have had similar experiences ) is filled with anxiety and a long long wait. First the 7 week scan and then the dreaded 12 week NT scan.. after that it seems to be okay.. still a bit anxious.
    How are you - in celebration mode, i bet! so happy for you . Youll have to get a preggy signature.