+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    cjm1, Congratulations on your pregnancy! That first scan and heartbeat is so amazing isn't it!! And after 9 cycles too, it is so wonderful to hear these success stories - welcome aboard the 'preggy ladies' thread!

AFM, Anyone with any ideas about what to do about swollen feet? Obs is unconcerned about it, said it is normal at this stage of pregnancy, but I can't wear any shoes except my trainers very loosely tied (soooo glamorous!). Also has anyone here had any knowledge of/experience of pregnancy massage? Was thinking of getting one, would love to hear someone else's experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year Pru40! How's the weightloss and moving forward with the great plan going? Not the easiest over christmas I guess!

cmj1 congrats on your pregnancy, such wonderul news feels good don't it?! I hope everything goes smoothly for you, after 9 tries it's certainly is your turn now.

I bet mammalinz is caught in a whirlwind of breast feeding and nappies and wondering what the hell she's let herself in for at this stage! Can't wait to hear from you lovely, being as you are the thread founding member you're a beaken of hope for all us over forties moving towards living our dream.

trying42 I can't help with the swollen feet I'm afraid, are you drinking lots of water, putting your feet up whenever you can and cutting down on salt? That's the sum total of my knowledge about swollenness combat I'm afraid, sorry I can't be of more use

We started our antenatal classes on Wedneday at the Mater Public and loved it. So informative and the birthing suites are so shining and new! I'm packing my hospital bag this weekend, the car seats fitted and the nursery is finished, so while we're happy for our girl to continue to bake until she's ready, we're equipped for suprises. Some friends had their bub 6 weeks prem which really kicked us into action .. I say us, I mean DH, love him, I'm a useles tub of lard.
    Last edited by LizzieG; 14-01-2012 at 09:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    cjm----Welcome on board! Yay!!!! It's exciting yet apprehensive and at times panicky to be finally pregnant after so many attempts hey? I was a nervous nelly until about 15 weeks, and even now still worry even though I can feel baby's movements. I relied heavily on my fetal doppler to reassure me that it's still there, so it might be something you want to consider.

T4two----I get them feet too, I think the heat doesn't help, yesterday wasn't as hot and my feet were alright. I can't wear closed toed shoes to work because by midday my feet look like they're bursting out of the shoes and they hurt. I went and bought a pair of open shoes a size bigger and with adjustable velcro straps ( a bit old ladyish but comfort is the main thing). Support stockings will help, those Jobst ones for air travels, most chemists sell them, but they're hot to wear in summer. Putting feet up as much as you can. I also put my TEDS stockings on when I get home to push the fluid out of the legs. (turn the aircon on first though).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tryingfortwo – thanks for thinking of me ! My ob was unconcerned about my swollen feet also, they are still a little bit swollen. Crazy. I did pregnancy massage throughout my whole pregnancy – fabulous and relaxing. It is important to find someone who is experienced in pregnancy massage (as some parts of your body should not be stimulated!)

Frostymum – thank you for your well wishes

Hoping4sticky1 – Your right, there was nothing like it, it was perfect. OMG the midwives are insane (hee hee). You were right, they are all experts and all have there own opinions on how things should be done. Haha – your right, I still cant believe it !

Pru40 – thank you so much – I will definitely post a photo tomorrow

Cjm1 – welcome to this thread! I was hoping to see you here !!

LizzieG – Haha.. I have been caught in a whirlwind of breastfeeding and nappies and I am loving every second of it! Oh Lizzie you are so organized, I still don’t have a car seat fitted and I am going home tomorrow

ATM - Ladies! I have a daughter - It really did happen. Nothing is wrong with her, she is perfect!!! The op went well, I survived and although I really dont believe I now have a daughter, I really do have one! We can do it, over 40's ! ... I cant wait to watch the rest of the successful pregnancies on this thread !

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mammalinz For This Useful Post:

Glover  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations Mammalinz...you're finally a mumma!! Welcome to your little girl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Mammalinz & DH Welcome to the world Annika Finn (saw her name on the Over 40's thread) .

Am looking forward to seeing a picture and hearing about her wieght, height etc.

Welcome to Mummyland

Thanks
    Reviews
    mammalinz----Congratulations on the birth of your precious little girl and that everything went smoothly and safely. Pinch yourself a few times, it's real!!! LOL! A close friend said when you hold your baby in your arms all the pains of IVF and TCC melt away, is that true? Can't wait for a photo, can't believe you still haven't fitted the baby carseat!

Lizzie---Are you going to the 6 nights class? Is it a bit tedious? I've booked into the one afternoon caesarian class although I haven't 100% confirmed that with my obs that elective CS is the way to go for us, although she has mentioned it a few times already.

AFM---My blxxdy carpal tunnel hands have woken me up again and I'm in my TEDS, with both my hands in splints as well I look charming LOL! We went down to DH's cousin's and picked up a rocker, playmat, a manual breast pump and a sling. They haven't sorted through the baby clothes yet. I've lost an ebay bid on a bassinet today, but there's another 3.5 months for something else to come up. I'm slowly ticking off the items to get on my spreadsheet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz, tears of joy in my eyes at the news of the safe arrival of Annika - by coincidence it is my niece's name, and she is the most beautiful, joyful and spirited child! I can understand not quite believing it is really happening - but it is, it has happened - you are a MUM! Welcome to the world Baby Annika - no little one has ever been more wanted by its parents than you, sweet girl! Mammalinz, DH and Annika, I hope you are enjoying this wonderful, special time together as you start the life of your new family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah, tryingfortwo I know your post wasn't to me but you brought tears to my eyes, what a beautiful message.

Mammalinz LOVE the name, I haven't heard that on anyone else's list so it's quite unique and so pretty. Yes, you really are a mum, how freaky is that?!? Do you keep looking at her and thinking to yourself 'she's my daughter and I'm her mum'??? I think I would have to keep reminding myself

Frostysmum yes it's the 6 week course, 2.5hrs every Wednesday. We only started last week but I didn't find it at all tedious, the first one tho was a tour of the birthing facilities and stuff so maybe went a bit quicker. This week we have a physio coming in to talk about positions and massage, teach the boys a few moves! One of the things I love about it is they're telling th guys what to do and what not to do, which is fantastic as I have no idea and he has even less. Poor you with the carpal tunnel, is that just pregnancy related or did you have it anyway? I know it can affect when pregnant, goodness knows I'm really noticing how I drop pretty much everything I pick up which is driving me insane, but nothing like you have you poor thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everybody!

Frosty, thanks for the advice re TEDS - I'm wearing them now - hmmm just when I thought I couldn't get more glamorous They are helping a lot though, as - surprisingly - did the swim I went for today. Apart from feeling this amazing relief from back pain as I did my wallowing whale impersonation, it really helped (temporarily) with the oedema. So I'm going to try to keep that up as well as the TEDS.

Lizzie, I think you are the third lady on this thread giving birth at the Mater - I am too, although mine will be a Caesar so I will be doing the Caesar course in March.

Last night was a really special one for us as DH was able to feel Bubs for the first time! I'd had some ice cream so he was kicking up a storm, although as always he went quiet when DH put his hand on my tummy. But the sugar got the best of him I guess and he gave DH a nice firm kick!