+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    DJSHears, I'm so sorry to hear about your mc, it's so desperately upsetting and at christmas time as well. All I can say is keep going, take each day as it comes and all this will be behind you one day, hopefully tho you'll be too knackered and busy with a new bub to think about it. Sending you lots of love, make sure you are kind to yourselves.

Lilwish, sorry that it didn't work out again for you this time. Frustrating just doesn't cover it I know. Am hoping so much that 2012 is the year for you

Zannah, I can understand the FN being cautious but I think she's been way over the top, a positive attitude goes a long way, did she even back it up with it's definitely worth trying?! I got pregnant with HA-ICSI just short of my 42nd birthday, I'll be 42 and a half when our girl arrives and I haven't ruled out trying for number 2! I was told that 43 was when the egg quality dramatically nose dives so that (and finances) were our goal posts. The stats are pointless to the individual, I was told we had a 15% chance of success, the first time, the second time our chances increased, etc, etc, but again it depends on the individual. As the others have already said, you keep going until you are a) pregnant or b) mentally ready to get of the rollercoaster. Wishing you all the luck in the world, I hope to see you on this thread with a success story (and gleefully flipping the bird at the FN!) in 2012

I'm still chugging along, 30 weeks today and quite large. I'm over work but have another 6 weeks left, my body aches all over and my daughter is riding an imaginary bike while waving her arms in the air pretty much constantly, it's quite fascinating. 10 weeks to go and I'm ready already.

So, Mammalinz, where are you and where is your beautiful daughter?!?!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LizzieG For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (09-01-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz - 11th Jan 2012 – girl

LizzieG - 18th March 2012 - girl

**LadyJane - 22nd March 2012 - sex?

Siennaray – 8th April 2012 – boy

trying for two - 10th May 2012 -boy

frostysmum- 14th May 2012- girl

Hoping for a sticky 1 - June 2012 - sex?

Thanks
    Reviews
    LizzieG - You are right behind me! I am having my beautiful girl in two days, Wednesday at 8am. Still havent packed a suitcase, but her room is finally finished. I know it is pretty tough when you are 30 weeks, but you would be surprised how quickly the next 8-10 weeks fly. I worked up till Friday. It was touch going (especially the staircase) but I took it slow and the days I didnt feel well, I just left early. My advice is to go easy on yourself, dont push yourself too hard, and you should get through it. .

I know 2 women have become pregnant in the over 40 thread (IVF) hopefully they will join our thread soon. !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sending you good wishes for a safe and happy delivery mamalinz! Can't wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    FrostyMum - Oh thank you. I am trying not to get scared and nervous, but I am kind of scared and nervous !!. I have to get bloods today and apparently my ob wants me to get bloods on reserve incase something goes wrong, sounds ominous doesnt it! Reading tonight on breast feeding, last chance to work out what it is I am meant to do, didn't do the ante natal classes. Ahhhhh... It will all work out. . Fully unprepared right to the end ! I guess I have been to scared to believe this dream will really come true. I havent allowed myself the luxury of believing that I could be so lucky and fortunate when so many can not.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Good luck Mammalinz!

Just sneaking in to wish Mammalinz the best of luck for your delivery of that wondrous little girl - I hope you and DH have the most magical time bonding together as a new family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    tryingfortwo - thank you so much !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz - Will be thinking of you tomorrow as you welcome your much loved and wanted daughter into this world. Enjoy every single moment, there is nothing like it.

I didn't do antenatal classes either (I was on bed rest and wasn't permitted by Ob to go) but Emma has breastfeed pretty well since a couple of days after her birth. Most midwives have their own "best way" which they'll try and get you to do. Do what is most comfortable and works for you.

I think you'll still be disbelieving you've come through the other side of this IVF journey even when you're holding your little girl. It's true though and I hope you find enjoyment with every little thing your bub does.

You are going to be a mummy by this time tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews

Default waiting for the big news

I am itching to hear from Mammalinz and to congratulate her, and hear all her news.

And to see a photo!

Happy new year everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI Ladies -- I am hoping to join your thread. I am 6 wks and 2days pregnant (OMG!), due September 6th. Had my first scan today and saw a heartbeat (well hubby & FS did -- it was too hard for me to see it ! So excited and scared and almost disbelievign all at once !! This was our 9th IFV/ICSI cycle !! I have so many questions, and there is so much I don't know.