+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey lilwish, I wouldn't hit the whiskey quite yet if I were you, I thought I was being very patient and clever POASing the day before our blood test, to mentaly prepare myself, and it was a BPN, I had no symptoms, felt very let down and when the FN called and told me I was pregnant I asked her if she was joking! She told me off for POASing because she said the drugs monkey so much with your hormones that they're completely inaccurate. I truley truley hope that's the case for you too.

Mamalinz, 18 days!! Make that two weeks now, wow, how quick does that journey seem now? I got so teary when I read that, your dream is nearly a reality, it's so precious and beautiful. I went sale shopping today, Target have a 30% discount on baby coveralls and manchester, so bought our girl some newborn clothes and bedding .. we're almost ready for her to come home. Happy for her to incubate until she's healthy enough for the outside world but COME ON ALREADY!!!

Hope you've all had a lovely Christmas, and that 2012 gives us all the little sleep depriving noisey nippers we've been dreaming of.

xxxx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LizzieG For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey TryingforTwo, how many weeks are you now? x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    lilwish---(Sorry answering to your post in other thread as well here) Why don't you test again the day before your BT and see what happens, if it's still neg then you don't have to buy another box of drugs. mate. If you're not planning to cycle till April next year, no harm getting a second opinion from the Wazza in the mean time, see if he has any magic ideas for you apart from "your macadamia tree is aging and not producing many good fruits" (that's what he told me).

mamalinz---You're in greater denial than me ! When I rang to book in to the hospital last week I was chastised for being so "late" and run the risk of missing out on antenatal classes. We haven't even told people (including the stepkids who live with us) until Xmas. (20 weeks)

TFT---How are you going? Are you still keen on trying to get into an antenatal class together to keep me company? I'm not sure if DH will volunteer to go unless I force him. My hands are definitely carpal tunnel, my right hand is worse and if I don't strap it up it'll wake me with throbbing pain and numbness.

AFM---20 weeks! Can't believe I've made it so far, as I said we've only been brave enough to tell people in the past week. We had the morphology scan at 19 weeks, everything looked fine, and it's a little girly. I'm overwhelmed by all males in this house, DH, the SS's, the cat and the dog, so the added girl power is very appreciated.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frostysmum For This Useful Post:

fiddlesticks  (29-12-2011),lilwish  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LizzieG, I'm 20 weeks 5 days! I still can't believe it!!! My little sister gave me some baby clothes for the little chap for Christmas - the very first clothes for him, I'm still not game to buy anything - they were so small and so sweet, I burst into tears. Can feel him moving around a bit now, including kicking me from time to time right behind my belly button which feels very strange!

Frosty, as further part of my denial process I have completely failed to look into antenatal classes!!! I do however acknowledge that I need to get my s**t together and sort something out - how about I call them tomorrow and see what is available and PM you?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF preg...new to the site!

Hi all,
    Hubby and I are delighted. We are preg!!!!!! Tried cycling on IVF but no luck...couldnt get me good enough to go to egg collection. Tried IUI but no luck. So, we are 9 weeks, had our viability scan at 6.5 weeks and all was good.
    We are so grateful to our clinic and supportive family and especially our darling egg donor.....we had a fresh transfer on day 3 and still have 3 frozen embies!
    Our next scan in Jan 23.....trying to relax but so consumed!!!!!!
    D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilwish – Oh lilwish I am so sorry. There are no words. I cried when I read your post. It is BS and so unfair. You know I did do my pregnancy test early (as I wanted to surprise my partner on his birthday – unfortunately it was a BFN) turns out we were both wrong ! and now I am 15 days away from having my BFN. I pray that you are in the same boat as me ! I really want to see you in here, also & on a permanent basis.

LizzieG – I can’t believe it either, 15 days to go! What is a coveralls? Sounds like you are preparing – good idea, wish I was a little bit more prepared ! Hee hee yep bring on 2012 with sleep deprivation and noisy nippers ! You’re so close now, also!!

Tryingfortwo – 15 days to go. I am trying NOT to get nervous. Little bubba girl is kicking so much now, and so strongly I am beginning to wonder if it is possible for a little one to break out. My ob wants me to have her early, so I am having her 3 weeks early, @ 37 weeks. My ob also states she is a big baby. I am seeing him this morning, so I might ask him what size he thinks she will be. Based on your advice though, I got three baby suits? From target for $5. At least I am prepared now. The weather isn’t bothering me at all, just my lack of being organised for bub is worrying me… he he. How many weeks are you ? Have to pop up a new roll call for everyone !! oh I haven’t organised or completed antenatal classes. However I am having a C section. I am thinking of calling a lactation consultant prior to the birth.

Hopingforasticky1
    – Thank you so much for your well-wishers!!It is great!! To be over 40 and pregnant. It CAN be done

Earthangel75 – You’re not an intruder !! Thank you for the tip on clothing. Clearly I need all the help I can get. There is almost a science to clothing size, crazy. I asked someone the other day, what does one need on a change table, and no one can tell me what talc powder is for!

Frostysmum
    – 20 weeks !! Yay for you. Oh and you’re having a girl, also. Wow.. We will be able to start our own girly mothers group. I am outnumbered by males also, what a nice change it will make. You know, there are still people I haven’t told. All on a need to know basis..
    DJSHEARS – Welcome and congratulations !! 9 weeks that is fabulous! Wonderful to hear success stories from egg donors ! How are you feeling, any symptoms..?

ATM - excited, scared and in disbelief. Quite unprepared, but I guess that will be half the fun. We have some nappies, a cot, change mat, stroller, and a couple of 0000 bits. What else could we possibly need. Just a little bubba girl in our arms

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mammalinz For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (29-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Mammalinz - 11th Jan 2012 – girl

LizzieG - 18th March 2012 - girl

**LadyJane - 22nd March 2012 - sex?

Siennaray – 8th April 2012 – boy

trying for two - 10th May 2012 - sex unknown

Hoping for a sticky 1 - June 2012 - sex?

Frostysmum - date? - sex ?

DJSHEARS - date? - Sex?

Scans & other stuff
    Mammalinz - 2nd last ob appointment - TODAY !! 28th Dec
    LizzieG - 32 weeks - 27 Jan

Last edited by mammalinz; 28-12-2011 at 07:23.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mammalinz For This Useful Post:

Frostysmum  (28-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ROLL CALL

Mammalinz - 11th Jan 2012 – girl

LizzieG - 18th March 2012 - girl

**LadyJane - 22nd March 2012 - sex?

Siennaray – 8th April 2012 – boy

trying for two - 10th May 2012 -boy

frostysmum- 14th May 2012- girl

Hoping for a sticky 1 - June 2012 - sex?

DJSHEARS - date? - Sex?

Scans & other stuff
    Mammalinz - 2nd last ob appointment - TODAY !! 28th Dec
    LizzieG - 32 weeks - 27 Jan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz and Frosty, thanks for doing the roll calls!

Mammalinz, I am so excited for you that you are so close to meeting that beautiful little girl. I was thinking about what else might be an 'essential' for that first week, and the only other things I can think of are some muslin/cotton wraps (all babies like being wrapped when they sleep in those first few weeks - and don't worry, the midwives at the hospital will show you how to do it!). They are also incredibly useful as you go on for draping while breastfeeding, as makeshift bunny rugs when traveling, and as emergency cleanup tools! And some nappy cream. Sudocrem, which you can get from the supermarket baby aisle, is a good one because it sticks to their little bottoms! I'm sure everyone has their own personal favourite, but that one is a good one to use after every nappy change. (My DS had ferocious nappy rash, so I'm an expert on all the different creams - so if yours gets it feel free to drop me a line!). Oh and they don't recommend you use talc powder any more, especially for little girls as it can cause vaginal infections - so strike that one off your list! Its actually amazing how little babies need - and what one baby can't live without another one is indifferent to. You can get sucked into spending a fortune on bubs - and there are some great products out there that can be fantastic but truth be told, with nappies, a change of clothes and some wet wipes, you can go just about anywhere! I'm having a C-Section too this time (my DS was a worst-of-both-worlds scenario - 6 hours of labour followed by an emergency C-Section so I'm hoping and praying for the peace of a scheduled Caesar for this babe!). My obs is currently deciding whether to let me go to 37 or 38 weeks. Do you have a name for the little girl yet (that you are willing to share?). My DH and I are going backward and forward on a number of names, but none yet feels 'right'. My DH is VERY traditional and there are a limited number of names he will even consider !!

Oh and on being unprepared .... my Aunt told me something that really helped me through those first few weeks. I 'fessed up that I felt completely out of my depth and unprepared and hopeless etc etc etc and she said "You have never been a mother before and he has never been a baby before. So the two of you are learning this all together." It made me feel much better - much better than all the well meaning advice I'd gotton from heaps of other people - we two just had to work it all out together as a team - and indeed we did! Now with this new baby, I know he will be different again from number one - I've never been his mother before and he's never been my baby before - so we will embark together on a new adventure (I'm still compelled to put in an fx there, even though all is going well I am still so fearful of a late miscarriage or something going wrong ... I wish I could just enjoy this pregnancy but am still so full of fears .... anyone else still feel this way??)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sad time.......

Sad time....I have still have bloods on a weekly basis and yesterday my HCG went from 9700 down to 7200. IVF nurse wants me to confirm with another blood test tomorrow but says that the pregnancy has gone. After 9 weeks and a great viability scan 2.5 weeks ago and a good heart beat, we are just distraught.
    Can't stop crying and feel so lost. Even though we have 3 frozen embies and will obviously try again, I have had a year of drugs, tests, surgery and now a 9 week miscarriage. They say after my blood test tomorrow which is simply to confirm the worst, I have to stop all my meds and will then have a bleed. So far I have no signs of miscarrying but the ivf nurse said that a drop, particularly that extreme is not good and she is 99.9% sure we have lost our pregnancy.
    I am so happy for those of you that are having and had success. We will try again asap and use our frozen embies. Sure makes you grateful for the little things.
    Donna