+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    LizzieG – 21 weeks! Way to go girl ! I still haven’t bought anything for our girl - even though I am 32 weeks pregnant – besides two dresses for when she is 2 or 3, I have not bought anything. I must still be anxious that something could and will go wrong. 32-week scan was a nightmare! hee hee. They kept checking out her brain. Then the doctor came in to look at the brain… apparently they couldn’t see all the bits needed. Nothing to FREAK OUT about. In the end, they found all that they wanted to see, but in all, the scan was not fun. The only thing left for me to do now, is turn up for the birth.
    re: Glucose test – best to avoid all sugar food – as this is what leads to GD! The test is awful, as you have to go to the pathology centre on an empty stomach, have multiple blood tests, then wait an hour, then drink this disgusting sugary drink more blood tests, wait another hour and then another blood test. It is hard going as you are in the pathology centre for hours! In addition, the syrup drink makes you feel so so so ill. If you throw up though, you have to do the test again. Plus you have to do it on an empty stomach, which isn’t easy for a pregnant lady! But I am a big sook! You’ll probably be fine!

Pru40 – How is the change in diet going? Thanks for the tip for sleeping.

Tryingfortwo – How is the pregnancy going? Did the fefol work? Has your exhaustion level improved? I am a bit exhausted also, I think I am carrying a little bit of extra weight – and so that has not helped

Madjedjjlill – Hey welcome! Congratulations on your pregnancy! Have you had your 12-week scan yet?

Lilwish
    – big wave – how are you – long time no see. Wondering if you went on to do a FET cycle? You would make a great mum. Your right, it is so frustrating and unfair !

Frostysmum – Oh congratulations – Wow – what a journey you have been on – what perseverance! How is the bed rest going?

ATM – 32 weeks pregnant. Scared, anxious and in disbelief. I am thinking, maybe this baby thing is real? And I should start preparing for her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    dropped in to see how you all are but it seems you've disappeared???
    I hope yr all well and looking forward to xmas!
    (lots of babydust under the tree)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Merry Christmas!

Hey lilwish, how's it going, you had an FET on Dec 15 by the looks, are you in your 2WW? Keeping it all crossed for you.

Mammalinz I saw you'd posted on here a few weeks ago but haven't been up for much computer time when I get home from work as horizontal is my preferred position at this point! Wow so you really are pretty much due now, have you bought something to wear and a car seat yet so you can at least get her home?!? ;o) Can't wait to hear your news in the new year, hope you're feeling good.

I'm approaching 28 weeks, eek. Have my GD test next Wednesday (after christmas so I can at least enjoy the food if not the wine!) and it's been described very differently to the one you had, I have to eat breakfast and stuff. They said if that one comes back 'iffy' I'll have to do the more intense one, so maybe they just sent you straight to the intense one instead?

Can't wait for the 32 week scan in 4 weeks, looking forward to seeing our little wriggler again. I'm so ready to have this baby, I'm already quite large and finding going to work a drain but thankfully I have a week of hols and then only 6 more weeks until I go on maternity leave, hurrah!

Frostysmum congratulations on your pregnancy, what a thrill after trying for so long hey? I hope everything is ticking along well for you now, have you had the 20 week scan now?

Congrats also to Madjedjillil and Tryinfortwo, what a lovely christmas gift. how're you both going??

Happy christmas and merry new year ladies, here's to us and our over 40 babies arriving in 2012. Well done us!!

Big hugs.
    Liz.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Merry christmas

Hi all ,
    It does seem everyone has disappeared . Hope all is going well with everyone ! I'm 25 weeks on Xmas day and going well , just tired alot . Finish work on 12 th Jan .. Can't wait for that . Hope you all hAve a great Christmas and safe and prosperous new year xx
    SR

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Glad to see you're still going really well Lizzie & Sienna . I can't believe you're so far along now. I hope there's still someone here for me to chat with by the time I get my bfp .

Lizzie, good luck with yr GD test . I'm sure you'll be fine I hope you get plenty of rest on yr hols.

Sienna, enjoy yr time off. Sounds like you're finishing early.

Mammalinz, wishing you soooo much luck. I'll be lil bub will be getting spoilt at xmas b4 she even arrives
    Frostysmum, congrats on your long awaited bfp . How's the bed rest going? Back to normal yet?

Yes, Lizzie - had my FET on 15th. Just as well it thawed well cos I was going absolutely loopy til I found out!. Now the 2ww (or 15 looooonnnnng days) is getting longer & longer. I just bought POAS today so will do one in the morning (10dp5dt). Hopefully it gives me the xmas news we want... although we're a bit too scared to hope for much so if not, will just wait til 30th (proper test date) and test again. If bfp will still be too scared to hope cos haven't been able to get past 6-8wks yet. If bfn will maybe do one more full stim cycle b4 throwing in the towel. It's all a bit too much now. Life's been on hold for too long with too many emotional hits.

Anyway, have a wonderful xmas (last one without bub), and a fantastic 2012 - I know you will

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilwish – I haven’t disappeared! I am still here!! I have 18 days to go!!! Excited, nervous and sick. Iliwish, Ill still be here to talk to you when you get your BFP, Ill still be around, for sure! And I want to see more success stories, which will be plentiful I am sure. Oh the TWW, so emotional, isn’t it

LizzieG – I have bought her one outfit, but realise I might have it all wrong !! in terms of, will she be an O or a OO. Will ask my OB on Wednesday if he knows? Have the car seat from the council. Havent had it bolted, we may be getting a taxi home! 18 days to go ! Oh I am so glad your GB test wasn’t as awful as mine, no one should go through that!! My OB is very cautious, or just likes to put me through hell. Not sure which one ;-). I am not surprised I had to do the more intense one! Oh Lizzie, you really are coming along, time really starts to spead up, from here onwards!

Siennaray – 25 weeks tomorrow – what a wonderful Christmas present! Lovely

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mammalinz For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mammalinz, your sweet girl will probably come home in OOO or OOOO (my little boy was 7 weeks prem and when he finally came home he was in OOOOO ). She will only be in OOOO for a couple of weeks though if she is that little (my nephew was an 9 pound thunker and he came home in OOO) so you can probably buy some OOO if you don't mind them being too big for a couple of weeks. If you can, buy 3-4 outfits as there is a high attrition rate for vomit/poo in those first few weeks (those Bonds terry towelling jumpsuits you buy at Coles/Woolies are fabulous and great for sleeping in - especially for tired Mummys and Daddys changing nappies in the middle of the night!). Bubs won't be in OO until she is about 3 months old ... I'm just so glad for you that all is going well, can't wait to hear about her safe arrival. Hope the weather is not too hot where you are and you are enjoying Christmas.

Lilwish, I'm hoping like crazy that Santa brings you a snuggling emby producing and great numbers on your bloods!

AFM Got a bit emotional this morning - I'm just so thrilled to be pregnant on Christmas Day, it still feels like such a blessing to me. My tummy has well and truly popped out and a few people commented that I would have a busy Christmas next year - bring it on I say, I can't wait! To all my fellow 40 plus Mums MERRY CHRISTMAS, hope your pregnancies are all going well and can't wait to hear some wonderful birth announcements!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tryingfortwo For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (27-12-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Merry Christmas everyone . I hope everyone has had a great day.

Congratulations on your pregnancies. I hope you all have a great 2012 filled with smooth pregnancies, births and celebrations. Enjoy your bubba's, you all deserve to be in the wonderful position you are in now. Go the over 40's

Thanks
    Reviews
    *intruder alert*

Mummalinz: You're so close now! I remember when you got your BFP Wishing you a safe and easy delivery Just wanted to comment on the sizes thing - she will def be in size 0000 when she comes home (although bonds - esp the wonder suits are a much smaller size (most ppl size up 1 whole size with bonds) and there is actually a huge variation among sizes between brands (pumpkin patch is considered to have the biggest sizing), target pretty big sizing, best n less usually has bigger sizing. Big w and kmart standard sizing. Sizing is best to do by height too (even though so many labels use weight as a guide - if you followed their weight guide only clothes would often be too big!) Most babies born in australia could actually wear sz 00000 for the first 1-2w (designed to fit height 50-52cm and the avg height of NB is 48cm). Size 0000 is meant to fit height 56cm (quite a lot of babies stay in sz 0000 until after 6w if the bigger brands are bought), 000 for up to 62cm, 00 for 67cm and 0 for 74cm.

My ds who was born 4.44kg and 54cm long stayed in his pumpkin patch 0000 outfits for the first month and a bit.

Oh and Ive found some brands (girls clothes at both best n less and big W in particular) have MASSIVE waists that would not stay up unless you had a seriously chunky bubba.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I hope everyone had a lovely xmas, and envisioning how diff it will be next year

AFM, POAS xmas morning - used 1st resp - 10dp5dt - big fat bfn as I expected. I haven't felt confident about this from the start. I'm sick of it all. Official test date is Fri 30th so that gives an extra 5 days, but not confident about it at all. Still suffering horrible nausea all the time - would be ok if was ms but I'm sure it's just the hormones crap so now also just feeling cranky! Cramps stopped days ago & no other symptoms.
    Anyway, looks like we do cycle no.10 next year. Definitely the last... although the way I'm feeling I don't know if I'll make it to that one. Tossing up changing FS for the last cycle to get a fresh outlook, but seems a shame.
    Sorry for the downer guys... Was really hoping to join you again...