+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    tryingfortwo - How many weeks are you - couldnt work it out by the signature - 13 weeks? I remember after the first dreaded 12 weeks, which was like walking in slow motion, everything started to speed up, especially after the 21 week scan. Now it is flying.. too fast. ugh.. never happy . You will love your doppler - it is instant calm . When you can find the heart beat of course. I am so glad I didnt push you - everyone has their own journey and far from me to tell people what to do and when !! so glad I passed the diabetes test! I really thought I would fail it, or not make it through. It was really the most horrible thing I have had to do yet...

You sound happy, which is fabulous !~

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies! Welcome Tryingfortwo, congratulations on your pregnancy I hope it goes well. I hear you on the paranoia, I think even tho I'm 21 weeks today , I'm still self preserving and trying to not get my hopes up. But of course my hopes are WAY up, we already have a name and we talk as if she's already here ... so, self preservation not going quite as planned we also have a room full of bub stuff people keep giving us so if things don't work out I think we'll have to have a garage sale.

Magg, I was also on Crinone for the 2WW and then for another 2weeks after the pregnancy was confirmed. I suppose everyone has different circumstances, I'm not sure why your FN would advise you don't use it so maybe get a second opinion from your FS or one of the other nurses, just to find out out why and put your mind at rest.

Hey Mammalinz I can't believe your 32wk scan is just around the corner, time really is flying isn't it! How're you feeling/growing? Great news that you can still eat cake and chocolate hey?! What did the test entail? We don't see anyone for another month so I guess we'll find out then when I'll have the test, I'm not sure whether to eat it all now to stock up, just in case, or to stop, just in case ..... I'll probably err on the side of eating it all now
    Last edited by LizzieG; 06-11-2011 at 12:32.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Checking in

Hello everyone,

All my post mc tests have come back normal as well as the glucose tolerance test. So, I have the luteal phase defect, my age (41 next month) and the excess kilos to contemplate/blame . FS now says to not stop trying, that there's not much time for a break to lose weight and that losing fat dissolves all sorts of nasties into the body which could cause more problems than it solves. I disagreed. Something has to change to get a different outcome, so I am eating leaves and seeds for 3 months and then we'll try again.

I am three days into a detox diet which is revolting, but as you can imagine, avoiding mc makes a woman highly motivated. It's not that hard after days 1 & 2 and my DH is doing it with me which is just lovely of him. He's about 5 kgs overweight, not 30 like me.

Mammalinz, the stats on anything going wrong at your stage are tiny, miniscule, so there's no need to worry!

This article is worth reading re sleep position in late pregnancy & the importance of lying on your left side: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13766152

All to best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry ladies I'm an intruder LOL

Just wanted to say something to Pru - some people just have what I have always called rotten eggs (an abnormally high amount of genetically defunct (and most tests wont pick them up either as so many genetic defects cannot be tested for in australia) eggs, I am one of these people and also suffer from PCOS and am very overweight. I'm not as old as you (36) but on our IVF journey we did 2 stims which resulted in 7 day 5 embryos. 1st fresh tx 2x blasts ended in m/c. Did another fresh stim (medicare safety net was changing in a few months so kept frosties in the freezer from 1st cycle). 2nd fresh tx 2x blasties resulted in ds. Since ds was born we tx'd the remaining 3 (2 at first which results in a m/c) and the 3rd didnt survive overnight from the thaw. I have an online friend who has had the same journey in terms of 'rotten eggs' and has had an extroidinarly high m/c rate even though she's quite a bit younger than me. In a situation like this is really is a numbers game. Also if you really want to take some weight off (however i tend to agree with your fs that i wouldnt bother right now - loosing weight especially quickly can really mess with your hormones which in turn messed with egg quality) I would be doing the HCG diet (search google). It's extremely hardcore (but you take herbal HCG drops to keep hunger at ba)y as you're on a 500 cal restricted diet. I know several women it has worked for and I plan to give it a go in the new year.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to EarthAngel75 For This Useful Post:

Pru40  (07-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pru, we are in similar positions - I am about 20 kilos overweight, and also have a luteal phase defect (about as severe as it can get, I gather - Crinone, Pessaries AND Provera from transfer until 8 weeks! ) I guess I have two bits of my history which may help - I lost 30 kilos rapidly before I conceived my son naturally (I was only 34 then) but my doctor was of the opinion that weight loss improved fertility, and it certainly did for me. Secondly, before this successful FET, I dropped 7 kilos by eating correctly and walking a lot (at least an hour a day) and the FS said that even small weight loss - proportionately - helped (and indeed it did in my case). I guess what I am saying is that you may not need to drop all of your weight to make a big difference, especially if you improve your cardiovascular fitness which my doctor said was just as important because it regulated insulin (walking is the best for this which is why I chose it). You know what is best for your body and how it feels - I think you have to trust your instincts to give yourself the best possible chance at a baby. And I think its wonderful your DH is doing it with you - its so much easier if there isn't temptation from your other half!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies just found this thread can I pls join in, I'm 40 will be 41 when bubz is due in June, I'm waiting another two weeks for my scan as I have a tilted uterus an early scans are very stressful.
    I have 5 kids have had one miscarriage an one suspected molar pregnancy which I now believe was misdiagnosed cause it was to early an after the d&c the test came back clear for molar. So thus time Im just going to sit tight an wait till twelve weeks for a scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Just thought I'd pop in to say hi!

Still awaiting AF after D&C... if she's on time should be around this coming weekend. then I can start FET cycle. Just been keeping busy this month, trying not to think about it all. Am still feeling like this FET prob won't work and not very keen to do another stim... have to know when to stop, and will be 42 in Feb, so can't go on forever... been thru a lot these past couple yrs. I guess not getting my hopes up may help be be less stressed about cycle??? Oh well, maybe I'll change my mind ...?

So good to hear the great news Mammalinz, Lizzie, Siennaray, Tryingfortwo... sounds like yr all healthy happy & well.

Pru, I'd be very careful about trying to lose too much weight too quickly... that's never healthy regardless, but if you want healthy eggs, you need to nourish yr body - not starve it. I understand yr urge to lose the weight to change the outcome, but getting generally healthy (healthy eating and exercise) would surely be better - even if it's a smaller weightloss than the crash diets. (studies show that crash diets result in short-term weightloss and you often regain the weight plus more). i'm worried you're panicking about it and taking drastic measures that may not work the way you'd hoped. sorry for the lecture, but I really care... and I know about the panic (I've been there so many times with the time-panic). Please take care of yourself

Madj, congrats on yr pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everybody

Well, I'm a happy little chappie today - saw bubs on screen jumping around and showing off, gave us a lovely profile shot of little baby teeth and jaw! Bubs measuring right on track, heartbeat perfect (157); all is good. I am soooo relieved! I spoke to the obs about my extreme exhaustion (sometimes feel like I can't even move in the early afternoon, I'm so tired) so she ordered another blood test for my iron levels but has started me on Fefol as she assumes I probably have low iron levels. Gee I am hoping that it starts working soon as I am really struggling at the moment . I had steak for dinner tonight and will really, really try to have more red meat too, as the obs suggested, but I am finding it very difficult to eat any type of meat at the moment, it just doesn't seem appealing to me. Anyone else had any experience of this?

Lilwish, this little one was a frostie, to be honest I didn't really believe that frosties ever worked - but this one obviously did! My FS said that now with vitrification of embryos, they have the same success rate as fresh transfers, and because of the ability to control your lining more closely, for some women it may even be better than fresh. As I say, I was so much expecting this FET to fail I was already planning another fresh cycle. I hope this FET gives you success

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingfortwo View Post
    Hi everybody

Well, I'm a happy little chappie today - saw bubs on screen jumping around and showing off, gave us a lovely profile shot of little baby teeth and jaw! Bubs measuring right on track, heartbeat perfect (157); all is good. I am soooo relieved! I spoke to the obs about my extreme exhaustion (sometimes feel like I can't even move in the early afternoon, I'm so tired) so she ordered another blood test for my iron levels but has started me on Fefol as she assumes I probably have low iron levels. Gee I am hoping that it starts working soon as I am really struggling at the moment . I had steak for dinner tonight and will really, really try to have more red meat too, as the obs suggested, but I am finding it very difficult to eat any type of meat at the moment, it just doesn't seem appealing to me. Anyone else had any experience of this?

Lilwish, this little one was a frostie, to be honest I didn't really believe that frosties ever worked - but this one obviously did! My FS said that now with vitrification of embryos, they have the same success rate as fresh transfers, and because of the ability to control your lining more closely, for some women it may even be better than fresh. As I say, I was so much expecting this FET to fail I was already planning another fresh cycle. I hope this FET gives you success
    Hi Trying, You must be soooo excited about yr scan! I dream of getting that far along! I hope yr energy starts to come back soon. Try eating spinach or kidney beans or other foods high in iron too. I find baby spinach is easy to use instead of lettuce on sandwiches or salads, or lightly steamed over yr veges... and so high in iron. Must be hard not being able to stomach meat tho.

As for my frosty, thanks for your supportive words. I think my fear is not so much the freeze/thaw issue as the abnormality issue... I feel like if the other 2 embies from that cycle were implanted and strong enough for bfp but then mc, then this one prob will too cos from same batch.

Well going by my mood at the moment, AF can't be far away... poor DH cops it a bit at the mo. So cranky! Not normally like this unless Af is a doozy! So waiting with both happiness and dread.
    A friend of mine called yesterday after I emailed to fill her in on our preg and mc - to let me know she feels guilty but is preg again - with her 2nd since we've been ttc. Ironically she had to tell me last yr she was preg after we said we're having trouble and seeing FS. I'm so happy for them and wouldn't wish this crap on anyone, but it feels like such a kick in the guts! and certainly isn't helping my mood at the mo. Bring on AF and start rolling again! Feeling so frustrated. i know i'd be a great mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! I thought I might start popping in here and leave the TCC ladies alone. It's only taken us 3.5 years, 11 embryo transfers and 4 prior miscarriages. I'm now 15 weeks and 4 days, still currently on "bedrest" orders by the obstetrician for 4 more weeks. This is the furthest I've come along in pregnancies, so it's a milestone for me. We managed to scrape through the 14th week which was when I lost my dear angel baby 2 years ago. I had been having bleeds on and off but the last episode was about 10 days ago. I'm now on bedrest orders due to the previous 2nd trimester loss as there's a big ??? over the competency of my cervix. Anyway, it's better to be safe than sorry. I just turned 40 a month ago, when we were having to do this IVF stuff repeatedly, I've put a age limit in my own mind to stop at 40. I'm really not going to want to do this ever again. Neither the IVF stuff or the hair raising early pregnancies scares business.