+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you for the lovely welcome Mamalinz, I am due on 10th May 2012. Because of my rather potted uterine history - premature birth of my DS at 33 weeks, my miscarriage at 14 weeks, which was then followed by two D&Cs and a hysteroscopy (retained products, then Asherman's syndrome) the recommendation is not to go to an amnio as there is a higher than normal risk of miscarriage from the procedure itself. The fetal medicine doctor said that his cutoff is 1 in 300 for an amnio or CVS. I am going to discuss with my obs tomorrow and seek her view. What have other people on this thread decided?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mammalinz - 11th Jan 2012 – girl

LizzieG - 18th March 2012 - girl

Siennaray – 8th April 2012 – boy

trying for two - 10th May 2012 - sex unknown

Scans & other stuff

LizzieG - 32 weeks - 27 Jan
    Mammalinz - 32 weeks - 2nd Nov

Thanks
    Reviews
    tryingfortwo - I have added you to our roll call . Sorry, reading your history - does this mean you have a DS? Gosh you have had a hard time of it !! I didnt have an amnio or CVS - but still now - I am unsure if I did the right thing. My levels from the 12 week scan and bloods came back good ..um cant recall now, think it was 1:1350... but you know, my age etc. It keeps me slightly paranoid as someone has to get that 1 in 1350, right? How did you go with your obs today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mamalinz, yes, I have a DS - he is the light of my life, 4 years old. He was conceived naturally and then unexpectedly I went into labour at 31 weeks - I delivered him at 33 weeks. After that I was unable to conceive, was misdiagnosed by my first FS, finally went and saw my current FS who correctly diagnosed me with a severe luteal phase defect. She's given me two BFPs in three cycles, so I am very grateful to have found her, to give me the chance to give my DS a little brother or sister. Well, I spoke to the obs today and she confirmed that the risk of miscarriage from an amnio - 1 in 200 - would be greater than the risk of Downs - 1 in 1218 - when I thought of it that way, I just couldn't justify taking the risk. DH is really relieved - he really didn't want me to do the amnio. There is still that nagging worry at the back of my mind that SOMEONE has to be the 1 in 1218, but the thought of potentially causing the miscarriage of this precious baby is too awful to contemplate. Obs said she would support me whatever I chose, and that it was a personal decision, but I think my gut is telling me not to do the amnio. Obs said the 18 week scan in any case will pick up any 'soft markers' and we can do an amnio after that if we want to. Had to laugh when the FS asked me if I thought an amnio would stop me worrying - bloody hell, after what I've been through I'll be worrying every minute until this baby is born I am particularly anxious at the moment, we lost our last little one in utero between 12 and 14 weeks (found out at a scan at 14 weeks) and obviously too early to feel any movement. Think I might get a doppler ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    tryingfortwo - Your OB sounds fabulous. I was told similar things to you, we were told they would pick up soft markers at the next scan. Thankfully, they didnt find anything, but like you - back of my mind --> SOMEONE has to get it. You & I will be okay though . Apparently they look again at the 32 week scan - which is just around the corner for me, now!

I am thrilled to hear you have a lovely DS. I think we are blessed, I already have a son (12 years old). I sometimes feel greedy to want another one - IVF makes you insane ..... anyway - here is hoping for number two for the both of us

I purchased a doppler through ebay for $50 - best thing i ever did! I dont tend to use it anymore as I can feel her kicking, but prior to that it was a life saver! How many weeks pregnant are you at the moment - you have to pop in a signature at the bottom so we can watch your journey. I have everything crossed for you , that you will get past the 14 week mark.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mamlinz, I've been agonising all day about this post - I'm a bit superstitious (really, a pregnant woman superstitious, who'da thought? ) Anyway, I set up my ticker very early during my last pregnancy, and avoided BH for weeks after my miscarriage because I knew I'd have to change my signature. But I decided today that I needed to be positive about this pregnancy succeeding, so I bit the bullet tonight and prepared my signature!!! So here it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    tryingfortwo - oh I am so sorry for pushing for you to pop in a ticker ~. I hope it was a good omen. How did you go with your OB last week. How are you going generally. I reached 29 weeks, yesterday. I can't believe I am still nervous, but lets hope it is all about nothing. I got my D test back and all good - !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, friends:
    I am 40 and just had 2nd cycle of frozen embryo transfer done 3 days ago. I developed hyperstimulation syndrome post egg collection, so the fresh transfer had been canceled. Eventually my first frozen embryo transfer failed. The ivf nurse told me not use crinone vaginal gel, but I know that someone does use it, should I use it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Magg - ugh - i just replied to this and i lost my post . Anyway ... welcome Magg, there is a wonderful thread under IVF, for women 40 and over who are far more knowledgable than me ! I used Crinone gel after transfer for implantation and pregnancy support. Not much fun, but it seemed to work. Welcome to our thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mamalinz, please don't apologise! I think it was healthy actually to be pushed a bit to embrace this pregnancy rather than being constantly panicked about it ending. It may or may not end this time, but while I am still pregnant I should embrace and enjoy it. Either way, it will almost certainly be my last. I'm going okay, normal pants no longer fit, its only elastic waisted pants now and a lot of the nausea has eased, although I still get flashes if I take too long to eat. Doppler arrives tomorrow - hoping that will ease my anxieties. You must be so relieved now you are past 28 weeks - that will be a really big milestone for me. Glad to hear your diabetes test went well - sounds like it all going to plan!

Magg, I have a diagnosed luteal phase defect so I was on Crinone, Progesterone Pessaries and Provera - definately talk to your FS about it I think.