+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We're in the same circustances, met late, married at 1 year and started TTC immediately. I thought we'd have problems, just because of age and neither of us have previously pregnancies, accidental or otherwise but you still hope don't you!

I just think that our child will possible be getting it's inheritance just as it needs it most, that's the only consolation I can come up with so far! ;o)

I see the other 40's IVF thread and saw your comments on there, I hope you're feeling a bit better today lilwish, this is certainly not a journey for the faint hearted, you're amazing to have remained in such good humour after all this time. I pray with all my heart that you get your dream.

I'm really starting to worry about those other girls now, I so hope everyone is going well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LizzieG For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (23-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missing in action - I am so sorry girls for not being around! Things have been stupid crazy over here. Everything is fine with the pregnancy (touch wood). Other things have been going on... Very stressful. I am now 25 weeks pregnant and have the gestational D test tomorrow - sounds like fun, not. Other than that... things are good !

Lilwish – I am so sorry about your 7 week scan and the eventual outcome. IVF can be so cruel ! It is devastating to be given something only to have it taken away. The only way I was able to cope with my MC was to reframe it by thinking – it means the egg was no good, faulty and would have ended up being not such a good outcome, but it also means you have a working oven. Oh I know what you mean about the bug of getting older and the stress of wasting time. I also think about my daughter being 18 and ill be 60. I think if I take good care of myself, I can be a ‘young,’60 year old! I never dreamt I would be 41 and pregnant. The years just moved away from me so fast ! How are you, by the way. Are you gearing up for another cycle?

Pru40
    – I am also so sorry to hear of your loss ! At least you got further along this time, I know I always find that encouraging

LizzieG – oh you felt bubba move – awesome isn’t it. As time goes on the kciks gets louder and stronger, it is very reassuring (I find). With my first child, I wanted a girl, and got a boy ! As soon as I found out at the 20 week scan it was a boy, I was able to process it, accept it and be happy about it. I have never thought twice about it since ! He is perfect - so perfect - I was hoping for another boy !!! Now, I am having a girl. Which is great - as Ill learn so much from this experience. My boy is 12 now.

Again ladies - i am so sorry I have not been here !! I am back now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Births
    Mammalinz - 11th Jan 2012 – girl

LizzieG - 18th March 2012 - sex unknown

Siennaray – 8th April 2012 – sex unknown

Scans & other stuff

Mammalinz - 25 weeks - 23rd Oct (GD drink/blood test)
    LizzieG - 20 weeks - 27th Oct 2011
    Mammalinz - 32 weeks - 2nd Nov

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies ,
    Been reading up on your posts. So sorry to the ones had mc ... Must be so hard. Its bad enough when a cycle doesnt work , but to get a BFP then mc must be the worst ...
    Had CVS and early result came back all normal . Just waiting on full report . Found out sex and we are having a boy - my other kids so excited and want to go shopping ! Still have morning sickness but in afternoons and evenings and tire very easily .. Hope all is going well with everyone .. Take care
    SR xx

Thanks
    Reviews

LizzieG - 18th March 2012 - sex unknown

Siennaray – 8th April 2012 – boy

Scans & other stuff

LizzieG - 20 weeks - 27th Oct 2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzieG View Post
    We're in the same circustances, met late, married at 1 year and started TTC immediately. I thought we'd have problems, just because of age and neither of us have previously pregnancies, accidental or otherwise but you still hope don't you!
    My husband and I got married last year after knowing each other one year. We've had three miscarriages this year, but we both have three children each from our past relationship. My husband has lost his children (in a practical day to day fathering way) because of a vindictive ex who took them to another city. I'd really love to give him the opportunity to be a father again. My children are teens.

I went to a review appointment with my FS yesterday, he suspects excessive androgens are to blame so I need to lose body fat in a hurry - I'm 41 in December. I also have luteal phase defect. So, it's an oven rather than recipe or ingredient problem (self inflicted). We are having karyotype testing done too. FS doesn't think there is any point in storing embryos to buy some time, although I think he's deceived by how easily I fall pregnant.

Glad you all doing well, I like checking in on your progress, it keeps me hopeful and happy.

Thanks
    Reviews

LizzieG - 18th March 2012 - girl

Siennaray – 8th April 2012 – boy

Scans & other stuff

LizzieG - 32 weeks - 27 Jan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, just updated the roll call to include our baby girl! DH and I pretty chuffed yesterday and now I can't get the word 'daughter' out of my head or the smile off my face. A few people have questioned our decision to find out and, altho before I was even thinking about getting pregnant I didn't think I would feel the need, now I know she's seems like a real person - I'd have felt the same if she were a boy, it's just being able to say 'she' or 'he' makes her more human.

Pru, I understand how you and your DH feel, my DH's previous partner had two kids and when she passed away at 31 her family took the kids and he hasn't been given the option to remain in their lives - getting pregnant for me is more about him as it is about me, altho I'm thrilled I really had made peace with the notion that it would never happen for me. I hope for both your sakes you get your dream. 41 in December, you're a year behind me and we were giving up at 43 so keep going!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, I think I'm ready to post on this thread now, if you are willing to have me here? I'm currently 12 weeks 1 day pregnant, earlier this year I had a miscarriage after 14 weeks. Today I had my nuchal scan which had a very positive result, a 1:1218 chance of Downs, and good also on the other conditions, anatomy otherwise good too. I lost my last pregnancy due to a chromosomal condition so this was a very big milestone for me. I'll be 40 in February, bubs is due in May. I guess everyone here has had all the maternal age statistics for birth defects drummed into us - its hard to believe anyone has normal children over 40, yet I know so many! I just hope I will be one of them, come May 2012.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LizzieG – congratulations on finding out your having a girl. Isn’t it just lovely to know ;-)! I love it, but want to do another scan to be sure – which will be easy as I am booked in for a scan at 32 weeks

Pru – Lovely to hear from you !! Oh your still young.. 40, I turned 42 on Friday – I would be completely freaking out if I wasn’t pregnant… I am really hoping I make it to the finishing line! Oh gosh – what will you do to loose the weight, that sounds hard and boring, but I am sure you can do it!

SR- lovely to hear from you – congratulations on finding out the sex, now we can all play around with names. I was convinced I was having a boy, so I have many spare boy names… if your interested? You might think they are awful. Like you, I continue to struggle with this pregnancy, I am convinced it is due to my age, as I never had any problems with my son’s pregnancy. If only the throwing up would lead to some weight loss, but no…

Trying to two – welcome and congratulations for making it to the 12 week mark, they say with every passing week, the stats on keeping bub on board go up !! hang in there. Will you have an amnio? Or CVS? I agree with you – it is amazing anyone over 40 has a normal bub … lets hope all of us, fall out of the stats ;-). When are you due so I can add you to our role call

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mammalinz For This Useful Post:

tryingfortwo  (30-10-2011)