+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pru40 – I know how you feel – I wasn’t ready to believe this baby was real until very recently, like the last couple of weeks ! I am also quite fearful of producing a live health bub at this age… we just have to hope and believe it is infact possible!

LizzieG – The GD test has nothing to do with scans, it is in regards to blood tests & urine tests? I think ill be up for mine when I have my next appointment with the FS/OB. Wow you got some wonderful things… lucky you ! Youll save heaps..

Siennaray – Fantastic news on your CVS! You must be so relieved. What does a CVS involve, how could it NOT hurt? I am impressed - you must have nerves of steal !

Lilwish – Oh gosh – poor you – I had a couple of MC concerns earlier on in my pregnancy ! I was placed in bed for days as I kept having bleeds, in the end though it was all good. I had a full red blood bleed, and I didn’t miscarry… but I did bed rest. Oh I bet Tuesday can not come soon enough !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    This thread has been very quiet..Hope yr all going well and keeping busy.
    Unfortunately I'll have to leave yr thread cos I had my scan yesterday.
    Well scan was a disaster! We've miscarried again
    So with both mc I've only had a little spotting, which everyone says is normal... obviously not for me.
    The sack was only 5wk size although I'm 7wks. FS thinks it has been shrinking. Couldn't see any foetus but FS showed me how big it should have looked - would have been obvious. Going for followup scan on Fri to see if still shrinking and this will determine if I have D&C there and then Fri.

We're so devastated. Couldn't stop crying yest morning, then numb by the arvo - still numb now. Was mum's bday yest & had to tell her, then didnt go to her bday dinner. DH left for Townsville this morning - back tmw nt. He took day off yest and will Fri too. He's as messed up as me.

We've just had chromo testing (takes a month to come back) on ourselves. Have frosty to ET (won't bother testing it as it may destroy it cos already blasty, and testing done in Melbourne so may even have to fly there for ET)... so will just transfer and hope for best. If that one mc too, will have to decide on PGS testing for future embies. FS not a fan cos not foolproof and could be discarding good embies without knowing. Too much to think about. Will get thru this one, then do FET ... hopefully it will work?

Good luck with yr pregnancies, and hoping you all deliver beautiful healthy strong bubs without too much fuss.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Goodbye from me too

Sorry to hear your news, Lilwish.

I'm in the same boat, I had a scan this morning after feeling something was not quite right yesterday. No HB . My FS has given me some medication to bring on the miscarriage and he says to expect a heavy period. And then a scan next week to make sure everything is back to pre-pregnancy normal.

I know what to expect with the mc, last one was at 6.5 weeks and this one is 8.5. I feel surprisingly together and OK at the moment. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

So, farewell and good luck with your bubs, and hopefully I will find Lilwish back on this thread early next year.

All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pru40 View Post
    Sorry to hear your news, Lilwish.

I'm in the same boat, I had a scan this morning after feeling something was not quite right yesterday. No HB . My FS has given me some medication to bring on the miscarriage and he says to expect a heavy period. And then a scan next week to make sure everything is back to pre-pregnancy normal.

I know what to expect with the mc, last one was at 6.5 weeks and this one is 8.5. I feel surprisingly together and OK at the moment. Oh well, back to the drawing board!

So, farewell and good luck with your bubs, and hopefully I will find Lilwish back on this thread early next year.

All the best!
    Pru40, thanks for your well wishes.
    I'm so sorry for you too. I got to 8wks last time & had d&c. Is this not an option for you? Would you prefer to let it pass? I'll find out Fri what happens for me, but not looking forward to it.
    Just so sick of all this...TTC over 2yrs...5 IUI, 3 IVF, 2mc...I just want a little baby so badly! Not getting any younger...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pru and Lilwish, I'm so so sad to hear your news, that truley is devastating. It's times like these that you wish you had a magic wand or some magic words to make things right but I simply don't, I'm sorry, it's really really not fair. I hope you are planning lots of pampering and gentle care for you and your partners, treat yourselves kindly and give yourselves time to heal. It may not have worked out this time but I hope when you're ready to go again the next time is yours.

Sending you both huge hugs and love

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LizzieG For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (12-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    *intruder alert*

I don't belong here ladies but wanted to pass on some info to lilwish. If and when you need to do another stim cycle (Here's hoping your frostie does the trick though) I would ring around every clinic near you and ask if they are using the new CGH technique (See here for info from the founding clinic in the USA on this new tecnique: http://haveababy.com/embryo-selectio...gered-ivf.html)
    In essense it replaces the archaic PGD which often saw a loss of good embryos and wasnt capable of testing for all chromosonal problems. This has been around for a few years now and I know SIVF in Sydney City was offering this service in place of PGD from 2009 i think.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to EarthAngel75 For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (14-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, it's all been a bit quiet on the over 40 and preggers front, how're you going?

Lilwish if you're still with us, how are you feeling, do you have dates for your FET now?

I've started to properly feel bub move and actually saw my belly move on Saturday, then DH put his hand on my belly and got a prod which was pretty exciting! Quite early at 18 weeks from what I can tell, I think people thought I has making it up when I told them. I bought the best maternity bra from KMart, $9, k'ching! I may never go back to normal bra's it's soooo comfortable, and it's got the little unclippy bit for easy breast feeding accessibility. Time seems to be ticking along a bit faster now, 10 days til the morph scan, I've managed to clear my head of all 'girl' leanings and go back to an open mind, it was really worrying me that I'd feel disappointed if it's a boy, which is crazy because I've always said I'd prefer to have boys ... go figure.

So how are you other lovely ladies going along, any other scan dates up and coming?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzieG View Post
    Hey ladies, it's all been a bit quiet on the over 40 and preggers front, how're you going?

Lilwish if you're still with us, how are you feeling, do you have dates for your FET now?

I've started to properly feel bub move and actually saw my belly move on Saturday, then DH put his hand on my belly and got a prod which was pretty exciting! Quite early at 18 weeks from what I can tell, I think people thought I has making it up when I told them. I bought the best maternity bra from KMart, $9, k'ching! I may never go back to normal bra's it's soooo comfortable, and it's got the little unclippy bit for easy breast feeding accessibility. Time seems to be ticking along a bit faster now, 10 days til the morph scan, I've managed to clear my head of all 'girl' leanings and go back to an open mind, it was really worrying me that I'd feel disappointed if it's a boy, which is crazy because I've always said I'd prefer to have boys ... go figure.

So how are you other lovely ladies going along, any other scan dates up and coming?
    It has been very quiet on this thread lately... Everyone must be busy being pregnant

Lizzie, so exciting you can feel bubs already! wow! enjoy the pleasant moves... my friend whose preg with twins said they're both jumping up and down on her bladder . Girl or boy, I know you'll love whatever you get . Great bargain on the bra... gotta love a bargain

I'm waiting for AF (hopefully this week). Have another scan on Fri to ensure sac still shrinking away. Will start HRT pills after AF starts, and so begins another cycle. Generally we're coping, but now and then it hits again... Also freaking out a lot about our age - don't want to be too old for our kids etc... the time wasting is a big stresser after every failed cycle and mc. and the whole embie testing has been playing on my mind a lot... hoping we don't need to if frosty is good. this will be our 9th cycle in a little over 18mths... starting to really wonder when to stop...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lilwish, I can totally understand that, you start to obsess about every month that passes. When we started on this arduous journey we were told that once you hit 43 your eggs have deteriorated significantly so we gave ourselves that as a cut off point, altho we didn't get frosties each time so financially I don't think we could have kept going until then, I'll be 42 in a few weeks. How many of those were FET's?

I also keep thinking I'm going to be 60 when my child is 18 which is quite scarey, I hope I'm not an embarrassing frumpy old mum! More and more people are having kids later this days tho so it would be so uncommon for our lot. A lot of the girls on the March Brissie mums forum are almost half my age and it's quite horrifying, I want to tell them to get out and travel a bit first, hahaha. Self righteous cow ;o)
    Good luck with this cycle, sending you all the baby dust I can muster.

Siennaray and mammalinz have dropped off the radar, I hope everything is ok with you both! xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LizzieG For This Useful Post:

lilwish  (20-10-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LizzieG View Post
    Hi lilwish, I can totally understand that, you start to obsess about every month that passes. When we started on this arduous journey we were told that once you hit 43 your eggs have deteriorated significantly so we gave ourselves that as a cut off point, altho we didn't get frosties each time so financially I don't think we could have kept going until then, I'll be 42 in a few weeks. How many of those were FET's?

I also keep thinking I'm going to be 60 when my child is 18 which is quite scarey, I hope I'm not an embarrassing frumpy old mum! More and more people are having kids later this days tho so it would be so uncommon for our lot. A lot of the girls on the March Brissie mums forum are almost half my age and it's quite horrifying, I want to tell them to get out and travel a bit first, hahaha. Self righteous cow ;o)
    Good luck with this cycle, sending you all the baby dust I can muster.

Siennaray and mammalinz have dropped off the radar, I hope everything is ok with you both! xx
    Hi LizzieG,
    I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessing about age! When we started TTC I was only 39 and would never have dreamed I'd be 41 and still not preg. We always say we wish we'd met earlier (only met with I was 37, nearly 38 - so didn't really waste time) but that's something we can't change. We always wanted 2 kids but would settle for one now... not looking good tho at this rate. This will be my 1st FET cycle, as never had a frosty b4 - hoping that''s a good sign
    I'm also one of the Brissie ivf threads and a lot of those girls are half my age too... i couldn't imagine worrying about this way back then! I really feel for them tho, as I know it's our age that's our prob, rather than anything else...not that the reason really matters when yr having trouble I guess.
    Keep thinking we'll be wanting to retire and our kids will still be in school