+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Postpartum girdle?

Just wondering if anyone has tried any of the compression garments/girdles on the market after their c section? Bellefit, Bodybelt, SRC shorts to name a few? And if so, were they comfortable? Ridiculously hard to get on? Any recommendations?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just bought some control top knickers from Big W, the ones that suck your tummy in. They were about $13 a pair. I found them very comfortable and a good support for my stomach while it was healing from the c-section. In fact DD2 is nearly 10 m/o and I am still wearing them under my jeans just to flatten my tummy! I couldnt justify the big $$ on the SRC shorts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a cinch. It was really comfortable & adjusts so you can keep using it as you loose the weight. I found it really helped to support my stomach and back post c-section & was able to carry around my 3 year old easily within the first week of having the c-section. Don't know how I coped with my first c-section without one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    After c/s #4 I used a bit of tubi-grip that I got from the physio at the hospital. Only cost around $10-$15, and was great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies. I had tubigrip for my last c section but it kept rolling up and sitting right on the scar. I've been looking for something more stable and not so $$$ as the SRC shorts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DD2 via caesar in May, and used a pair of the SRC shorts, as I had a 21 month old at home who I knew would demand to be picked up. I thought the $190 price tag was ridiculous, but after wearing them, decided they were worth every cent! When I had them on I felt supported and "held in". I could move around in relative comfort. When they were off, I found getting up and moving around quite painful, and would have to support the caesar site with my hand. I wore them for 8 weeks (have to find time to list them on eBay), and if I have a third Bub in the future, I will definitely get another pair.
    They aren't uncomfortable to get on or off at all. They stay up and don't roll down, and you dont feel restricted in them at all. I was suprised by how comfortable they were.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I literally went down to Target a bought a girdle, I think I spent $20-$30 it held my posture and gave me great support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bought the SRC shorts to wear, and I wore them two or three times? I ended up just wearing control tights and bands from target as I liked them better and they help me in more. I really ended up regretting buying the SRC shorts because they cost so much and I ended up not being as comfortable in them!

I do think wearing something is a good idea. The control tights (ones from under your breast to your knee) were really good. I would put a pad on my scar the first few days and my scar healed up instantly and I didn't have overhang from the wound.