+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why does Logan Hosptial Queensland not have a bath?

Hi Everyone

Is anyone going to have their baby at Logan Hospital? I had my first baby in a hospital in the water and I enjoyed the relief I got when I first got into the water in my labour. This time we have moved and I have to go to Logan Hospital as I can't get into any others due to where I live. I don't want a home birth and can't afford private care. I think it is unfair that I have to go to a place that not only does not offer water birth as an option, but doen't even have a descent size bath. I visited my friend there the other day and found they only have this horrible small bath that is not even in the birth room, it is in the maternity ward. What is up with this dark age hospital? Don't they know that when I called every other public hospital they all had either water birth as an option or a bath to labour in which was in the birthing area. Don't they know that if there was a bath women would be less likely to need other stuff for pain. I know this is a poorer area, but are we so poor that we don't deserve to be able to bath during the most important time in our lives. I don't want a shower, I want a bath. Is anyone else annoyed and have any ideas of what I can do. I think we should be able to have access to a bath like everyone else!!!

Thanks Sal

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a baby at logan and it is a low rate hospital but its also one of the least funded but busiest hospitals, it caters to so many areas with little givernment help, they only just got a carpark! my suggestion is to change your address to the catchment area for mater or ipswich, redlands even? maybe use a friends address? I didnt want to go to logan again so we are going private this time. Even though we will get a bath the only place you can have a waterbirth is the birth.centre in rbwh. Or a homebirth. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    To my knowledge rbhw is the only 'public' hospital that has a bath.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummato4 View Post
    To my knowledge rbhw is the only 'public' hospital that has a bath.....
    You aren't allowed to use the bath there either. Or at least not when I had DD. they were no longer using the baths, only the showers.

I'm having this baby Mackay base (public) and am have my own private suit with bath, double bed, balcony etc. I get the option if having a water birth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yeah gold coast hospital didn't have a bath and they wouldn't even let me use the shower. They even got a bit twitchy when I used the loo for too long too!

Apparently the new gold coast hospital opening next year is all decked out with baths.

RNSH in Sydney had big baths (where I had Jasper) but they didn't "let" you give birth in them. (but i had a csection anyway)

I agree though, I think all public hospitals should be equipped with birthing pools and MWs should be trained to deliver babies in them - and they should be available to everyone not just "low risk" (aka no VBACs)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know how you feel, I'm birthing at Logan an would love to have use of the bath for pain relief. The only thing I can suggest is stay at home in your own bath until you really need to be at the hospital.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mater has baths in each birth suite for during labour but not birth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl1982 View Post
    Mater has baths in each birth suite for during labour but not birth
    Im giving birth at mater and just not gonna get out lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Why does Logan Hosptial Queensland not have a bath?

I'm going public for a Waterbirth I'm due in February 2013 I'm having my babygirl at Ipswich hospital I had to go into this special program to have a waterbirth through labour and birth it's called midwifery group practice it's very hard to get into but if you keep onto them and do a referral form saying urgent really keen for a Waterbirth there might be an open spot open like what happened to me I did my referral form at like 18 weeks I rang every second day to try and get in just keep at them etc if your really keen in something RBWH won't take any people in unless you live closer and the Mater has high demands I live in hillcrest near browns plains and the midwifery group practice allowed me to join there program cause I was really keen and had a Waterbirth before without any hiccups or problems even though I was outta range but they accepted me I hope this helps good luck Hun

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post
    I had a baby at logan and it is a low rate hospital but its also one of the least funded but busiest hospitals, it caters to so many areas with little givernment help, they only just got a carpark! my suggestion is to change your address to the catchment area for mater or ipswich, redlands even? maybe use a friends address? I didnt want to go to logan again so we are going private this time. Even though we will get a bath the only place you can have a waterbirth is the birth.centre in rbwh. Or a homebirth. Good luck

You can't use a friend's address anymore. They will ask you for a centrelink documentation of some sort stating your current address. Or a Utilities bill. They do not accept drivers licences etc as people change them easily. I know many who have tried.