+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Cubby Houses

Hi

I want to get my 5 yr old a wooden cubby house for Xmas this year. I want a good qulity one, with colourbond roof etc.

What cubby do you have? Where did you buy it from? Is it big enough? Do you have it on a concrete slab or just on the ground?

Thanks for any info you can offer

I know its going to cost me over $1000.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You have to look here
    http://www.aaronsoutdoor.com.au/cubbies-cubby-house.php

We have the Ranch (not on stilts) and it's great. You dont need to have a slab down, just a compacted level base as it's built on supports so isn't sitting on the ground IYKWIM. You can buy direct or Stratco supplies them (as do other retail suppliers)
    We got it when DD was 2 and DS was just born (Father Christmas gave it to them). They are now almost 4 and 2 and love it!! We have an Ikea kids kitchen, Ikea kids workbench, Ikea kids wooden table and chairs and Ikea trofast storage unit in it and it's perfect. (lol yes we love Ikea!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we bought a kubbykraft one (from toodyay, wa) but i think they do interstate now. it's all flat packed and someone handy with tools needs to assemble it. it looks like a little cedar cubby house!!
    no slab, comes with base. ours isn't raised but i do think that might have been more fun.
    had it for about 6 years now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We got one with the colourbond roof from ebay. It is wooden and 2.4 x 2.4 inside, had a cute little verandah on the front. Think it was $1400. The place was in Melbourne to pick up from. If you are interested let me know and I'll see if I can find a link. Oh and ours is just up on bricks on the dirt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks ladies! Ive been in contact with a local man who is pretty handy, so i've thrown some ideas around for him to consider and hopefully he can make it for me, if not, i think ive decided on one Its from ebay but with freight its pretty exy. colourbond roof, sits on the ground but with very slight elevation.
    My daughter is going to have soooo much fun come xmas time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bummer you live in QLD ..

My DH builds quality new wooden ones from home for about $1000

Goodluck with your new cubby, well worth the investment : kids adore them !!