+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartiecat View Post
    They won't kick him out esp if you need him there
    lol already had my bub at the birth centre in William angliss this past march. beautiful double bed & my partner stayed the night too. Highly recommend it. beautiful water birth too!

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Had both my boys at the William Angliss. My youngest back in March also.

I was booked for the fbc for both.
    With my first the centre was full when I went in, and ended up in their back up room which was a delivery suite. So had the registered nurses and the emergency OB in to help me deliver. In the end DS1 was in distress, so it was a good thing I was in that room.

With DS2, I didn't muck about. I called the fbc the day I got a BFP.
    I did battle with their BMI system, as it looked like I was going to go over, but managed to stay under by 2 points.
    Basically they can not turn you away come labour day, if you have been under the BMI right up to your last appointment. (Which is wrong yes)
    In saying that I did end up having a beautiful waterbirth. The midwife was great, the staff was wonderful. And I was lucky to have the same midwife who took care of me overnight with DS1, take care of me after having DS2.
    I recommend the hospital to everyone.

About visiting hours. A registered nurse was working the fbc due to being short staffed. And pretty much told me the visiting hours, only apply to delivery suites. FBC is anytime you like. I had friends visit me at 9am the next morning and my MIL, DS1, DH, step sis and Dad all visited me from 11am til I left the hospital.