+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    vegemite, of course I don't mind.
    now that sounds ridiculous? weight restriction?? I've never heard of that! & when I booked into angliss, they never asked me my weight. I don't know anything for sure though, so don't go by me, but that sounds ridiculous!!
    Yeah, exactly my point. He doesn't need a bed, I just mean I'd want him to be able to stay for as long as is needed, not get kicked out at a certain time. it's making me really angry, & really stressed out!!
    I'd love a home birth, but I'm just so scared haha.
    scarymarygoldfish.. thanks! how did your homebirth go? or have you not had your baby yet? i don't mean that badly, simply I have no idea! & if you have had your bubba, would love to know how it went and how you found it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    scarymarygoldfish.. thanks! how did your homebirth go? or have you not had your baby yet? i don't mean that badly, simply I have no idea! & if you have had your bubba, would love to know how it went and how you found it.
    The most beautiful, spiritual experience of mine and DH's lives Mama. I was a little worried to begin with, but jumped on the internet and did some research and realised there was absolutely nothing to worry about. If your pregnancy is low risk I would highly, HIGHLY recommend you look into it. They aren't cheap -- mine was $3,100 with two midwives, but it is the best $3K we've ever spent. Jump on the Homebirth forum and ask some questions and read the stories. Sorry to go on, but I got hubby to read some stories from a father's perspective which convinced him.

All the best with whatever decision you make xoxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't know about their policies/etc, but I do know that my dh didn't stay with me in hospital (I was at a private hospital and there was the potential of a room where he could stay, but it was far from guarenteed either). I honestly didn't mind being there on my own - my dh was there for at least 50% of each day and at night at least he got decent sleep so he was well rested when bubs & I came home. He was also madly finishing off the last minute tasks at home which was more than fine with me . You're not in hospital for that long usually - in public it's probably 1 - 2 actual overnight stays in most cases, so it's not a huge time to be apart. And there shouldn't be a problem with your dh staying with you in the birth suites, whatever the time of day or night when you're actually in labour and they won't rush to kick him out in the few hours after the birth either I imagine.

On a different level, we're now going back for #2 and as my dh will need to be with our 4yo ds while I'm in hospital it's not really an option for him to stay with me in hospital. And for that reason I think it's why most women don't have their partners stay with them - they have other children at home. Sure, my mum will look after our ds when I actually have the bub and probably for 24 hours afterwards, but then our ds will need my dh more than ever I'm sure.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well you manage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was booked at the angliss and like you i really wanted my husband to stay, its almost impossible for them to stay at the angliss, so I've now changed to Mitcham Private where hubby can stay with me for the whole time I'm in there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cabrini in Malvern have double beds and my hubby stayed! I'd die if he couldn't lol. They are all for daddy's staying they ask them to. They believe it's great for bonding process

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Frances perry let your hubby stay to! And u get transferred to the "Sofitel" in a King bed which is a bonus. My cousin had her two children there

Thanks
    Reviews
    bump....

any new mummas out there that have recently had their bub at William Angliss??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read many of the other comments ...

I've had two babies at angliss and love it there ... This is where we are going for baby #3 in December.

Just to clarify you can get tea/coffee on the ward there is a kitchen you can help yourself.

You need to go thru fbc for your partner to stay but it does book out quickly so book now if that is what you want. Having said that there is only two suites so if they are full there is nothing they can do.

Both my bubs were born through the standard delivery suites ... I have no complaonts at all ... Baby1 most of my labour was spent in the bath and they only took me out when it was time to push. Baby2 was nearly born in the foyer (u know the seats in reception where you wait for the tour ... But that is a whole different story )

Hubby was able to stay as long as he wanted and come in and out as he pleased ... We weren't rushed at all from the delivery suites to the ward and they have us plenty of time to introduce ourselves. It really was great tho that he went home ... He got a good nights sleep so was better able to support me the next couple of days iykwim

Both times I stayed there I ended up in a 4 bed room but had at least one night to myself in there .

I thought about going through fbc but with my first baby everything was so unknown I didn't want to have to go home in 24 hrs and with baby 2 I knew I had an 18mo toddler at home and didn't want to be rushed home where I would have no rest.

I was also very fortunate that through mere chance the me who assisted deliver ds was the one who caught dd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by vegemite View Post
    OP I hope you dont mind me asking a question in here too -

I'm wondering if anyone has been told of a weight restriction imposed by William Angliss? My SIL was told her BMI was too high (think it was 40 or 41) and that William Angliss wouldnt take her, that she had to go to Box Hill. She was told this by her Ob. As far as I know, she never rang the Angliss to confirm, just did as she was told and registered at Box Hill.

Has anyone else had this issue?

PS I totally agree with you re restrictions on partners - I think visation rules are fine, and for the benefit of all esp if in a shared room, but I think partners should be allowed to stay without restriction, providing they are quiet and respectful of others. I understand there isnt enough room for beds for all but if they are happy to sit in a chair then why should they be kicked out?
    I have heard this too .. I was so worried about it I lied on my form - made myself 2cm taller 2 kg lighter - I know it's wrong but I have already had two uncomplicated deliveries there I don't want to go somewhere else.

I have also never heard of a hubby beig kicked out ... Mine was there till about 11pm one night... I was sleeping he was dealing with baby me popped her head in sussed it out an left us to it ... I think a lot of common sense does prevail

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    vegemite, of course I don't mind.
    now that sounds ridiculous? weight restriction?? I've never heard of that! & when I booked into angliss, they never asked me my weight. I don't know anything for sure though, so don't go by me, but that sounds ridiculous!!
    Yeah, exactly my point. He doesn't need a bed, I just mean I'd want him to be able to stay for as long as is needed, not get kicked out at a certain time. it's making me really angry, & really stressed out!!
    They won't kick him out esp if you need him there