+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Metformin Side effect of hairloss

Hi

I am new to this site and I'm not even sure I am doing it right!

I am a 40 pcos sufferer TTC now for 11 years. Two ectopics and two miscarriages. 10 years on IVF.

Trying Metformin for the 1st time and no nausea or stomach problems so far....thank god!

But I have read a lot about women on Metformin losing their hair in clumps or hair thinning. Has any one experienced this? I am quite worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Desperatetobeamum

I'm sorry to hear it has taken so long for you, I will keep you deep in my prayers and hope the Metformin is what you have been waiting for.

I'm 25yo, PCOS TTC for 13months now and my doctor just out me on Metformin too.
    It's horrible.... Does not agree with my body at all. I have only had 2 tabs so far, so as for hair loss I'm not sure yet, I hope not.

I will keep you updated with my experience too.

Let me know how you go and I look
    Forward to some good news😊

Kay

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too am sorry to hear about your journey and do hope that it happens for you soon!
    I have been on metformin since April and thankfully no real problems! I do however get nausea if I don't eat when I take the tablets.
    I have not heard of the hair loss, and haven't had any problems myself so I hope that is the same for you !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there

I'm on Metformin too. Only been on it for 14 days now. My side affects drive me crazy. I am constantly vomiting (TMI) I have the worst back pain, and I'm moody as hell. Poor DP.

I haven't noticed any hair loss as yet. But will post again if anymore side affects arise.

Good luck on your journey! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hello, I cannot talk about the metformin, but I did/have PCOS (apparently I still have it) but my hair has become very fine because of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP. I am so sorry that it took so long for you. I am on metformin from 5 years. First 3-4 months were terrible. I felt nauseous all the time, didn't want to eat anything, stomach pain. But after 3-4 months It settled down with my system. And it is life savings. I feel so much better with metformin. It also help with weight loss as well. It is really good for PCOS. I hope it will work for you.