User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default HSG, Hysteropingogram has any one had this done?

Hi, I had a Hysteropingogram (dye test) done last friday and they found both tubes were blocked they were able to unblock the left one and started to unblock the other but had to stop due to a vein. I am TTC and would love to here back from any one that has had a similar experience with a HSG and were able to conceive or any feed back would be great..??
    DD 8/2/99 DS 13/5/02
    Identical twin Boys 14/10/09 born at 22 wks Always in our hearts and Sadly missed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Teesh

I am sorry I don't have answer to ur question but would be keeping a close eye on this thread as i am about to do Hysteropingogram next month to see if my tubes are blocked.
    My FS informed me tht it is bit painful. did it hurt? What did you do to block the pain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teesh View Post
    Hi, I had a Hysteropingogram (dye test) done last friday and they found both tubes were blocked they were able to unblock the left one and started to unblock the other but had to stop due to a vein. I am TTC and would love to here back from any one that has had a similar experience with a HSG and were able to conceive or any feed back would be great..??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one done and it felt as uncomfortable as a pap smear for me. You can take some naprogesic beforehand as they suggest. They said you might have period type cramps afterwards. I didn't have any blocked tubes though and fell pregnant a week after. Good luck on your TTC journey for both of you
    Me: 35 Him: 37 DD1: 6
    DD2: DOB 24/8/2011

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:
    Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had one done recently, it was very painful for me, but so are pap smears - I think there's something wrong with my downstairs bits . The cramps are a little uncomfortable but I didn't get them bad.

Teesh - I'm not sure but maybe you will need to get a lapascropy (sorry probably not correct spelling) to unblock your tubes. My friend had one recently.
    Me 34 DH 37 Furry Baby 4 yrs

Proud mum of one spirited little monkey! Born March 2013 after ICSI -thank you universe!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibs View Post
    I had one done and it felt as uncomfortable as a pap smear for me. You can take some naprogesic beforehand as they suggest. They said you might have period type cramps afterwards. I didn't have any blocked tubes though and fell pregnant a week after. Good luck on your TTC journey for both of you
    Hey Bibs

Is it safe to try directly after doing Hysteropingogram? My FS said not to try for the whole month after doing the procedure. Now that I am researching online it seems this will slightly increase my chance of conceiving naturally. It's weird why doctor would suggest not to dtd when it will increase my chances!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Renvind View Post
    I've had one done recently, it was very painful for me, but so are pap smears - I think there's something wrong with my downstairs bits . The cramps are a little uncomfortable but I didn't get them bad.

Teesh - I'm not sure but maybe you will need to get a lapascropy (sorry probably not correct spelling) to unblock your tubes. My friend had one recently.
    [QUOTE=Renvind;6018979]I've had one done recently, it was very painful for me, but so are pap smears - I think there's something wrong with my downstairs bits . The cramps are a little uncomfortable but I didn't get them bad.
    Hey Renvind I remember you :-) we both started our journey same time last year. As you can judge from my post I am still TTC. About to do this procedure and move to iui soon. How r u going?
    Teesh - I got lots of positive response online about this procedure. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all of your positive feed back

Dancing Queen I found the HSG to be painful they had to give me something to relax me and that helped, It is worth having it done as I had no idea both my tubes were blocked keep me up to date how it went when you have yours done. Good luck

Renvind they managed to unblock at least one and the other they seem to think they had unblocked and said if im not preg in 6 months to re do the HSG

Bibs wow that was quick to fall straight away how long had you been TTC for? The Dr said if I fell this month to have a early scan because of the embryo sticking to the tube.
    DD 8/2/99 DS 13/5/02
    Identical twin Boys 14/10/09 born at 22 wks Always in our hearts and Sadly missed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Queen View Post
    Hey Bibs

Is it safe to try directly after doing Hysteropingogram? My FS said not to try for the whole month after doing the procedure. Now that I am researching online it seems this will slightly increase my chance of conceiving naturally. It's weird why doctor would suggest not to dtd when it will increase my chances!!
    I read that it can increase your chances slightly as it can clear out some minor blockage so I thought why not try once more before the next FS appointment. I didn't have any pain or issues afterwards and I DTD a week after around ovulation time. It's strange how your FS said not to try. Would you be able to ring him and ask before getting the procedure done? It seems to be a wasted opportunity cause that window period after the HS doesn't last long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Teesh View Post

Bibs wow that was quick to fall straight away how long had you been TTC for? The Dr said if I fell this month to have a early scan because of the embryo sticking to the tube.
    We've been trying for 16 months before the procedure. I had regular periods, no period pain, I ovulated around the same time every month for 16 months (used OPK tests from the start), already had a child, DH's sperm count and motility was fine. So I can only guess it was because of the procedure although I was told my tubes were clear. So go figure. Secondary infertility sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great Bibs I feel a little more positive then before im hoping for a BFP soon We do have 2 children already and would love a 3rd we have been ttc since Dec 10 I miscarried @ 11 wks and before that sadly lost identical twins @ 22wks and having secondary infertility makes it even harder
    DD 8/2/99 DS 13/5/02