+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    IMO those types of things are just another money-making marketing ploy.... What is the purpose of having a 'teething' baby chew on these things? Babies are teething for the first few years of their lives. Contrary to popular belief teething is not painful to babies although it can cause them to be irritable but I believe the irritability comes from the fact they are going through a growth spurt, which brings on the teething. Babies go through many growth spurts as we all know and major developmental milestones oin the first year particularly yet we always put it down to teething, just because they happen to have teeth come through at the same time.

There's no evidence to prove these things make any difference at all.... they cost about $25 which is a total rip-off! Maybe your baby will stop crying if chewing on one... but maybe they would have stopped anyway with or without the beads...? I don't know, but I didn't buy into it and I henstly just think that some babies do better than others or cry more than others no matter what you do.
    That awkward moment........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post

Indeed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive never used them either but would also be willing to try them when new bubs comes along..
    It was asked in another post what happens at night with them..Im also curious to know if you leave them on around your little ones necks while they sleep.
    My friend babysits for a little 16 month old who wears one and the necklace is ment to stay on at all times.. My friend actaully takes it off while the little one has his nap as she is so frightened as she has seen the little boy get his hand stuck inbetween the necklace and his neck,which caused it to become very very tight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Daisymoo depending on the bubs age as to what u do. We have a bracelet & it goes on his ankle and stays there all the time and he has socks on to keep it there as he is only 4 mths old if u have a necklace u can double it around the ankle or the wrist.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bub1WA For This Useful Post:

daisymoo  (17-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    The only time I take it off him is when he has a bath, he truly has no idea he has it on, has never pulled at it or played with it, my DS is 10 months old, has been wearing it since 3 months, if he does start noticing maybe I may have to put it on his ankle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am a complete convert! I got one about a month ago after some terrible teething with DD(10mths) it was my last resort and we'd been having to use panadol and nurofen to ease the pain for the poor little bubba. I was at my wits end as my normally happy baby had turned into a very unhappy one! I bought the necklace and within a few days I noticed a MASSIVE improvement. I haven't taken it off since and that was a month ago! She now has her 2 top teeth and I haven't had to give her any pain relief since wearing the necklace! I could see the teeth coming through and her gums were so red and inflamed but she didn't whinge or cry...
    I keep it on her 24/7 but we do co-sleep so I'm not scared of her choking... In all honestly I don't think she even knows it's there! she hasn't tried to pull on it yet so if I do take it off I'm very sneaky putting it back on so she doesn't know. Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    That made me laugh!

And I will also add that when my wisdom teeth came through it hurt. Right now I have bands around two of my teeth to get them to move a bit and it hurts to the point that I can't eat solid food. Today for lunch I pulled apart a cheese sandwich and swallowed small pieces whole because it was too painful to chew so I'm going to guess that teething hurts babies!

I bought one for DS after needing to give him panadol a couple times so he could sleep from his teething pain.....the difference has been amazing! I was a total sceptic but now I tell everyone how great it is! I've forgotten to put it on him twice since we've had it (I wrap it around his ankle at night) and both of those days I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him....when I realised his necklace was off, within an hour of putting it back on he was a changed toddler!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never bought one for DD, they were quite newish to the market then but I was lucky as she was a great teether. Having said that, I recently purchased a bracelet for myself from AmbeRocks and it appears to be helping with my RSI The only issue is I now need to purchase another one for my other wrist as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    IMO those types of things are just another money-making marketing ploy.... What is the purpose of having a 'teething' baby chew on these things? Babies are teething for the first few years of their lives. Contrary to popular belief teething is not painful to babies although it can cause them to be irritable but I believe the irritability comes from the fact they are going through a growth spurt, which brings on the teething. Babies go through many growth spurts as we all know and major developmental milestones oin the first year particularly yet we always put it down to teething, just because they happen to have teeth come through at the same time.

There's no evidence to prove these things make any difference at all.... they cost about $25 which is a total rip-off! Maybe your baby will stop crying if chewing on one... but maybe they would have stopped anyway with or without the beads...? I don't know, but I didn't buy into it and I henstly just think that some babies do better than others or cry more than others no matter what you do.
    Clearly, you know nothing about the necklaces and how they work, because for a start they are not designed for the baby to chew on, they wear the amber around their necks and it is absorbed into their body. Amber had been used as a natural remedy for many things for a long long time, google can back that up.
    And teething dosnt hurt? Are you serious? I distinctly remember as a child the pain when my molars were breaking thru. What makes a baby so different it dosnt feel the pain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a skeptic. DD popped her first 2 teeth without any problems and without me knowing, she then wore it for a few months but has since not popped any teeth so I took it off....

She just turned one. Still only 2 teeth... none on the horizon... we'll see....