+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They sure do work I was also sceptic of it all

I got one when DS was about 10 or 11 mths old, wish I got it earlier, He hasn't had any pain relievers since having it on. He cut 8 teeth without us knowing.

Also yesterday I noticed his skin was very red and blotchy, looked awful. I then realised he didnt have his necklace on, put it back on 20 minutes later his face was perfect again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Apparently they're really safe. All the beads should be double knotted so if it does break only one bead will come off

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD has been wearing one since about 4 months and I'm going to have to go against the grain and say it didn't work for us. We have to use panadol and nurofen when her teeth are coming through and nothing else will help.

That said she still wears it because a) it's pretty and b) I'm too scared to take it off in case she's worse without it (god save me).

**Coming to you live from my iPhone**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    The beads are also individually knotted so if they do break only one bead will come off.
    Couldn't that still be a swallowing risk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    *if* a bead did fall off into child's mouth they are very small I wouldn't think it would become lodged. They aren't very long necklaces either so the chance of it being in their mouth, breaking, falling off AND being swallowed would be minimal.
    DD2 wears hers all the time but not because I think it works, I just think it's cute I really can't say it's worked for her teething. She is 18 months and has been wearing it for about 4 months and has teethed with and without wearing it and no difference

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have used one on my dd for about 3 months, she got 4 teeth in one month and I have not had to use pain medication. I got mine off ebay for about $9. The lighter the colour the more beneficial their healing powers are meant to be.

Sent from my T3020 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    We bought one for our boy at 3 months and have found it helps. As he is young we have bought a bracelet and it on his ankle and will put the necklace on when he is a bit older. We got ours from AmbeRocks and found them great & reasonably priced

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I like the idea of using it on the ankle... I'd just feel better about the choking risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS had one since 6 months. He was teething for the second time. His first teething experience is something I will never forget. He was the most horrible bub I have ever seen. So when he started to act up with the second lot of teeth, I bought a necklace. I am a scientist and usually very skeptical. (Seeing is believing, is my motto). Yet I was desperate and after reading all these positive stories about them, I decided to buy one. He changed completely after wearing it just for 1 day. Less dribbling, less clinginess and crying and actually ate a little more.

They dont work for every bub though. You have to make sure you have authentic amber as some people selling cheep necklaces, have them made from plastic so they wont work.
    A lot of people take the necklace off at night and put it around their wrist or ankle. I've never done that with DS. He seems to be completely unaware of it. He's been wearing it 24/7 for 13 months now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What do you do with the necklaces at night? Are you scared they will choke the baby?