+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensen View Post
    It sucks, doesn't it? I had to use a frame (but only after hours at home where no one could see me because I was so embarrassed!). The pain was terrible at the end of the day and I struggled to walk.

The things that helped me manage it included:
    - wearing a brace
    - short stride length
    - avoiding stairs and using the lift
    - avoiding prolonged standing. I was lucky to have a brilliant boss who was really supportive of me modifying my duties
    - pretty much avoiding any activity that requires your legs to be spread apart
    - avoiding putting more of your weight on one leg
    - used a shopping trolley in the shopping centres. I'd just get one from the car park.
    - I also did loads of TA exercises earlier in my pregnancy when I could still feel my core muscles!

I had regular soft tissue work done which helped with the pain management.
    i agree with everything above i had ps from about 20 weeks the midwife dismissed it first until i was in complete agony i had to see the hospital 2-3times a week for physio. i was still able to walk unaided but couldnt do much if i went out shopping i would be in complete agony when i got home and wouldnt be able to move. i was also told in labour i wouldnt be able to just spread my legs when giving birth i had to keep them evenly apart but at the time i didnt care or think about it but i paid for it after wards it took a few months to settle back down. i am pregnant again now i am 14 weeks i am hoping i dont get it again i have been a little sore but nothing like i was last time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I had 2 wonderful pain-free days and began to think that maybe I would be one of the lucky ones...

... I should have knocked on wood. I stood up and must ave twisted slightly as I reached for something and felt something click. Now I can barely walk without grasping onto support (my 3 year old tried helping down the stairs and my hubby had to help me out of the bath). The front of my left hip bone goes into spasms without warning. Now that I'm lying down it feels like it's on fire.

I'm a massage therapist and I have no idea how I'm going to be able to work tomorrow.

This is going to be a Long 3 months...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh poor you. I remember being at a wedding at 28ish weeks and I wasn't really even showing but couldn't stand. I had to steel the chairs from the oldies (tehre was limitted seating) which made me look so bad! It is such a debilitating condition. I can already feel slight twinges of pain and I am only 8 weeks! I am preparing for the worst with this pregnancy. So far it is exactly like my first!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had it quite bad with both my pgs and its started even earlier this time. the chiro is helping heaps to relieve the pain. Give it a go, you have nothing to lose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_P View Post
    i had it quite bad with both my pgs and its started even earlier this time. the chiro is helping heaps to relieve the pain. Give it a go, you have nothing to lose
    My chiro wasn't much help. He suggested a motorised gofer to get around in.

But I've made contact with a chiro who only does pre and post-natal women, and does yoga on the side, so is very holistic. She has been trained in the webster technique so I think I'll have some success.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck.

A women's health physio could also be helpful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by knh View Post
    Hi All,

I've just be diagnosed with this dysfunction after complaining of period pain and pain in my groin for the past week. Since then it has become steadily worse - particularly going up stairs.

Just wondering for those of you who also have/had it, did it get to the point you needed to use a wheelchair or walking frame to get around, or complete bed rest, or is that rare?

My obs was very casual and said that it will just get worse and worse and most of her clients with it get to that point. She also said that I should not do any form of exercise and rest as much as possible to try and prevent it getting too bad.

I'm just trying to work out what I'm in for... so I know how much I should be doing now while I still can. Luckily this is my 2nd (my 1st was apparently the main cause of this dysfunction because he was over 11 pounds) so the nursery is pretty well ready and stocked, but there's a lot of other things I would like to do around the house while I'm 'nesting'.

BTW - I'm only 24 weeks.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

I was diagnosed with this (SPD) at around 34 weeks with no2, I'm now 36 weeks and hardly have any pain at all......
    At 32 weeks I thought I had a trapped nerve in my back/hip, it got worse and was so bad I could barely walk. I had a support belt but although it mate it slightly easier to waddle I couldn't sit down without taking it off!
    A mw suggested to me that wearing a slight heal may help as it tilts the pelvis, and also to continue to walk regularly to stop it seizing up completely.... Well, it has been like a miracle cure for me!
    might not work for everyone, but has to be worth a try!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i had it from 29weeks it was horrible, i couldnt lift, kick, walk, sit, stand, lie down basically anything without being in pain...i was sent to a physio who showed me different ways of moving, rolling over in bed and standing/sitting...all helped me get through the day.
    The pain in was worse than the giving birth... i just hope when we have number 2 it doesnt happen again...it will i know it though.

I was just thankful the week after it started i went on 3 weeks holiday from work and then when i returned for my final 3 weeks of work i was allowed to sit in the cash office doing odd jobs...basically it was either that or i went on 3 weeks sick leave.

Best thing to do is nothing because everything aggravates the pain
    All the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG - I'm so glad I'm not alone! Have been working from home (have a very supportive workplace) for the last three weeks and I'm almost 29 weeks preg. I'm having trouble turning in bed, walking, getting in and out of the car, basically everything! I've tried chrio (gives a small amount of relief), SPD belt, and SRC pregnancy support shorts, but really, I'm living with chronic pain every day!

Going to Cairns on a short holiday next week, looking forward to a week of lying about in the pool while DH goes fishing and hiking.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Glad I'm not alone!

OMG - I'm so glad I'm not alone! Have been working from home (have a very supportive workplace) for the last three weeks and I'm almost 29 weeks preg. I'm having trouble turning in bed, walking, getting in and out of the car, basically everything! I've tried chrio (gives a small amount of relief), SPD belt, and SRC pregnancy support shorts, but really, I'm living with chronic pain every day!

Going to Cairns on a short holiday next week, looking forward to a week of lying about in the pool while DH goes fishing and hiking.