+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    She goes to school, and I stay at home and do... what? lol. Okay, so I'm doing uni full-time from home... but it's not like I actually spend all day studying, so I have other time to just look around the house and think, "hmmm... what to do?" until I have to go pick her up from the bus stop again.
    I am so jealous it's not even funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well my playdate just cancelled, the good type not the type where I have to look after other people's kids... So another long boring day by my self... Yay, time to start looking for the washing basket

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh the homework horror!!!!

I HATE math homework. HATE IT!! I hate it so much that when I hear the phrase "Mum can you help me with my math?" My heart seizes up and I get dizzy.
    I'll be totally honest, I failed math every year of high school, bar one.. year 10. And while being honest..I cheated.
    So when DD in her overly dramatic, emmy award winning manner, has a mental breakdown over her FRACTIONS after I say "Sorry I don't know how to do it", I decide that yr5 math can't be hard right? WRONG!
    I thought I was all smart figuring it out, only for DH to get home from work, glance over and say its all wrong
    DS, mr smart @ss math genius (who was studiously playing soccer when *I* needed help!) walks into the lounge and writes up his own fractions and proceeds to condescendingly teach me how the should be done.
    He is lucky to be alive today.

While I'm here....... Dear DS and DD, the drive to school really is not the best time to grill your unwell mother about what happens when you die! DS, I'm sorry kid, but I don't WANT to know what happens after you die, your freakishly scientific mind scares the f**k out of me, STOP TALKING! I believe in Heaven and Hell (where you're likely going after this if you don't quit now!), no I don't know if its true but that's faith for ya!

Oh and DD, next time you flick your hand "Shaniqua style", and roll your eyes when talking to me with all that attitude, I might just break your fingers off and jam them into your eyeballs

Ahhhh I love my kids!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Posted twice
    Last edited by RunningWithScissors; 11-08-2011 at 10:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Homework drives me nuts, too. I get home from work between 5.30-6 pm, rush to make dinner, clean up, bathe DS and get him ready for bed THEN there's another 10-15 minutes worth of reading to do with him. It's totally taken the fun out of reading with him and, honestly, where do teachers think parents get the time to do all of this???

Sassy, have you thought about volunteering? At your DD's canteen or animal welfare league or anything just to fill a bit of your day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My confeSsion. I hate housework. I was raised by a lady who didn't ever make a bed and actually didn't own an iron. Dp taught me how to put the doona cover on the doona!! I could get a lot more done every day if I actually wanted to. I waste large amounts of time talking on the phone or looking at bubhub. And come up with random excursions to far away places. I tell dp when he gets home that I've been flat out all day but its a LIE! he beleives me though because in the evening it is always crazy and I'm running around a lot. Dp does most of the laundry on Sunday. I also do a lot of play dates and mothers group because that way someone will hold the baby for a while and I don't have to talk about leggo and cool skateboard trucks and Diego for a few hours. Unless its one of those playdates where the person WANTS to talk about their children non stop. I haven't spent a day without my kids for about 4 months now. Despite all this I actually love looking after my kids more than anything, and am really sad to go back to work in a few months. It won't feel like a break at all since my job involves changing nappies and feeding ADULTS. Just like home only with larger people to care for!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah omg I am absolutely in TEARS after reading this!!!!

Now I don't feel so guilty about hating my "job"! As a single mum to one with serious behavioral issues (either Aspbergers or ADHD) and one with severe multiple food allergies I just absolutely hate my life sometimes!

But on the flip side, I figured out yesterday that I spend probably more time without my youngest than with her between daycare and her fathers access visits... I basically get wed and thurs to myself (day care, 9-4:30) and her dad has her fri and sat... And now I feel GUILTY!!!

Can't win. Can't quit. *rocks in corner*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and in my "spare" time I practically baby sit my 91 yr old nanna with dementia. Yet another thankless, repetitive job. *hissy fit*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post

I HATE cooking dinner every effing day.

I hate the park too -no I do not want to watch you. I will sit here, and read, while you climb on sh*t. I will glance up occasionally and feign interest if I have to, and yes, I will push you for a short while on those swings, but dude, you're 23kg now, there's no way in the world I am holding you up so you can use the monkey bars. Don't cry about it or we'll effing go home!

Sorry Roopee, for hogging your thread with my whinge.
    Sassy- I agree wit everything you have written here.
    Thinking about what to have for dinner night after friggen night is the bane of my existence. We don't do take away because I am too scared I'll get fat again so it's banned so every god damn night I am in the kitchen thinking of healthy sh!t that we call ALL eat because I refuse to make 6 different meals here. How awesome would it be to be able to say 'what flavour noodles ya'll want tonight?'

And the park thing.....yeah, I'm just gunna sit here and enjoy my coffee that I payed $4 for in the sunshine if thats ok with you? What? SOme kid pushed in front of you on the slide? Do I LOOK like I give a rats?

And hog away Sassy...hog away!

Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    You crack me up!
    Glad I could help brighten up your otherwise borin a$$ day

Quote Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
    , I failed math every year of high school, bar one.. year 10. And while being honest..I cheated.

DS, I'm sorry kid, but I don't WANT to know what happens after you die, your freakishly scientific mind scares the f**k out of me, STOP TALKING! I believe in Heaven and Hell (where you're likely going after this if you don't quit now!), no I don't know if its true but that's faith for ya!
    !
    . My kids dont even COME to me with their math homework, in the words of 8 yr old DS- mum's good with the language crap but she's woeful at Maths...don't even ask her, she'll tell ya to google it'
    This from a woman who just got high distinctions in Chemistry at Uni.....yep- give me a chemical equation and I'm all yours- throw a fraction in front of me and I'm in the corner rocking back and forth.

My 8 yr old also has a freakish mind and scares the sh!t out of me..........he is smarter than I am (im not joking) and some of the stuff that comes out of his mouth makes me want to drop him at the nearest orphanage. Makesit hard too because when I try to bullsh!t my way through this mothering gig and act all knowledgable he calls me on my mistakes (and there are MANY) and managesto make me feel about 6 years old.... love my kids too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mummy+T+C View Post
    Oh and in my "spare" time I practically baby sit my 91 yr old nanna with dementia. Yet another thankless, repetitive job. *hissy fit*

Thank you