+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roopee View Post
    If your that desperate Zombiekitty you can go study up on Protein Synthesis then teach me in dumb people format coz thats what I'm trying to do but the annoying voice of 'Draw me a picture Louie" is interrupting
    Errrrr, thanks for the offer but I'll give it a miss

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are right about this! I had no internet for the first two years of being a SAHM and have only had it for just over a year now. This last year has been a lot easier in terms of not feeling as lonely, and talking to people I actually get along with. In the first two years I had a spotless house, I did catch up with Mum's IRL too, and that was fun, but I also do the same now so the internet hasn't changed that. The first two years I had absolultely everything done but at the end of the day I was REALLLY lonely. DH would be worn out from work and talking to people and want to just relax and go to sleep. Now, I talk to people all day on the net and hear funny stories from other Mums, still go to a playdate, rush through the housework, do the games with the kids, but at the end of the day I am happily worn out and DH goes to bed early and I talk to more friends because I am not as worn out as him working such long days! It makes me a lot happier to have the internet now! Especially because I am doing a course online .

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    hi maximum22, the internet is a distraction for sure, but I think it can be useful for the information you can share. We had only the older generation or fellow young mums who were going through the same situations, but then only among those people who you actually knew IRL, and you could ring someone on the landline phones if that was convienient. Now you can access the world and share so many different ideas in about one hour, the internet is good for that. I have learnt heaps, and I hope I have helped some. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg I love this thread!

I'm not a full time SAHM... just on maternity leave as we can't afford for me not to work BUT...

I'm sure DP thinks I sit on my a$$ all day watching tv.. Seems to never notice his washed clothes or cooked meals. His home with a sore neck today (poor little princess) and wants pampering... Pfftt please! When he gets home from work I get comments like... Lounge comfy? or does the lounge have a permanent indent yet?

Nevermind the super unsettled baby I deal with 24/7 with no help from him

And omg don't get me started on the kids! Yes I hate running you to and from work... No I do not enjoy sitting at your football training or even having to go there in the first place! No I don't want your friends over and no I am not cooking 5 seperate meals because none of you like anything I'm cooking! Go without for all I care! You won't starve overnight!

Yep I'm a bad mother... So frikken what!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zombiekitty View Post
    Errrrr, thanks for the offer but I'll give it a miss
    Now I don't why you wouldn't want to learn about THAT! It's riveting! Almost as riveting as folding the washing for the 23rd time today or making another 'snack'.....or even cooking dinner.
    I blew it off anyway and went and watched TV with the kids........ABC2 is waaaaaaaayyyyy more exciting than THAT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh you want a confession? Ok here are my confessions

DS learn to play with some god dam toys FFS before I lose my mind! I am sick to death of you pulling my kitchen apart 15 000 times a day. I really don't appreciate you pulling the clothes out of your drawer and stuffing them in to various places. I DON'T ENJOY WASHING SO STOP MAKING ME FOLD THE SAME CLOTHES SEVERAL TIMES. And FFS, you're not even 2 yet...you need to nap every day. Not napping and then clinging to me for the last 2 hours of your day...I will give you kisses and cuddles and ask you gently if you're tired but god damn child if you don't grow out of this horrible, awful stage that you've been in since you turned one I am going to lose my mind!!

DD1 - You know what? I hate doing the afternoon thing in order to get you to bed in time, to get you to Tae Kwon Do, to get everything organised so that the morning runs smoother to get you to school on time. I don't enjoy any of it so when I tell you to get your reader don't whinge to me about it. Just get it.

DD2 I love you and I know you love me soooo much that you never want to leave my side but you're nearly 4, when I'm leaving the house to go grocery shopping without you, or to go and do something that I don't need to take you for...don't cling to me and cry and beg to come with me. Just deal with it! It's an hour!
    I've been at home for 6 years now and I'm so, so very over it. That hour a day at the gym, that I get up before the sun is up for my me time....it's not enough anymore!
    Last edited by Areca; 10-08-2011 at 20:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    AhhhhhAreca I hear ya.

I have some more from today.

Cheese and bikkies for afternoon tea with a side of milkshake? WTF do I look like? A cafe? I made it.......begrudgingly.

Dont wanna do your homework? Nope, I dont wanna do your homework either so guess what.....lets show YOU what happens when your homework is not done. Because I have ceased to care.

Shut the god damn door when you go outside- its COLD!

A SLEEPOVER....you want a friend (that I hardly know) to sleep over? Really? I'm in hell.

Oh...and NO you can NOT have a Magnum at the servo....wanna know why? Because by the time I buy one for all of you I have to all but re mortgage the house. Go on, keep crying and throwing your hissy fit because I'm just gunna keep walking away pretending that I don't know whose kid you are.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Roopee For This Useful Post:

himherandhe  (11-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I haven't read the whole thread only the first page.

But I find motherhood very mundane. Never have I been a SAHM, I have always been studying or working or much of the time, both.

Other mothers I find mostly mundane too. It seems that once people have children, all they are capable of talking or thinking about is said children.

I love my children as much as the next mother but I also love life too - and that, for me, encompasses SO much more than children and always will.

I get out as much as possible with other people that are either work colleagues or locals that I share similar interests with...... any talk about children never lasts more than around one to two minutes (if at all) and I LOVE IT.

ETA: You may wonder what I am doing hanging out on a parenting forum this evening then - ha ha. I came to post a thread about something not particularly child-related

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a confession:

I HATE KIDS CRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate colouring, cutting and making decoparge! I hate glitter on my chairs, Glue on my very expensive dining table, ribbon stuck to my foot!
    I also hate hate hate keeping every piece of artwork you ever did from the day you could hold a crayon!!!
    I also HATE homework!!! Seriously teachers, I want to enjoy my family time at night with my husband and kids and not hear yelling and screaming and crying because my child has already done 6 hrs at school then after school sport/activities and is over it! Give me a break!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rubytuesday For This Useful Post:

himherandhe  (11-08-2011),MsTruth  (23-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for this thread Roopee. While I don't regret being a SAHM for a second, it is a thankless 24 hour a day job. I identify with the drinks at dinner. I just feel like an endentured servant to a family that take me for granted. and here here to the homework. Sick of my 6 year old having homework every day. I mean, she's 6! not 12.
    Last edited by delirium; 10-08-2011 at 21:02.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for the laugh!! While im not a SAHM anymore. I work 4 days a week and its heaven. Even though i dont really like my job anymore, i love that im around adults. That i dont have to do the same things over and over. That after i clean up all the mess DD has made from eating, doing craft, painting, pulling all her clothes out of the drawers and putting them else where ( all in the 1min i was in the toilet!! ) throwing toys everywhere, getting pens and drawing on everything, I cant even sit down and have a coffee or eat my lunch (at 4pm) because your now bored.