+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    6 weeks? Seriously? Erm I've gotta say I'm not the most maternal person in the world but I wouldn't even consider doing that. Wow cheers lemonhead, I think you just made all of us feel like super mums by comparison!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Most days I hate it and DH is home 50% of the time and is very hands on with the kids and he's awesome with housework.
    I also get Monday's and Tuesday's to myself and it's still not enough
    I long to go back to study!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If your that desperate Zombiekitty you can go study up on Protein Synthesis then teach me in dumb people format coz thats what I'm trying to do but the annoying voice of 'Draw me a picture Louie" is interrupting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roopee View Post
    Just on the shower thing. They all now know NOT to bother me while I am in the shower unless someone is on fire, bleeding profusely or dead. For the most part they adhere to those rules

Funny thing is though? On the VERY rare occasions DH and I are home alone?If I go to have a shower, he tries to come in too? And gets offended because I yell at him to get out! Just coz the kids are not here doesn't mean I am raring to go for it in the shower yanno? I still want my god damn peace! And god forbid, if he asks if i'm 'keen' and I say...nah not really, mayne later, I'm just gunna vege for a bit' ...well you'd think I'd have asked him to go chop an inch off 'it'.

I dont get shower time here. Im either showering with ds or followed in to chat and yup. Telling him to lop some off might be easier.

Dh doenst get the evenings i just want to vege out. He really tries to help with housework etc, but just doesnt get i need to zonk for a while not chat and clean and do things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Y'all need to brush up on your death stares.

"Im just going to have a shower" invites people to join, kids to cling and blow boogers on your leg while you are trying to shampoo.

"I. AM. HAVING. A. SHOWER." with included deathstare means business, and nobosy will come near you for fear of injury lol.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (23-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww hugs to you all !

Yep I'm bored to death with the same crap day in, day out, night and freaking day! The crap weather doesn't help because I can't go anywhere or do anything plus it's too effing hard. Boys always need to eat, drink, pee, poo, break something etc its not worth going out!

I wouldn't have time to do the things at home I wanna do if I worked full time and I would rather be the sole care provider for my child so I just suck it up and get on with eating my cold food, bottomless laundry basket, peeing with an audience, showering with my fan club etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Y'all need to brush up on your death stares.

"Im just going to have a shower" invites people to join, kids to cling and blow boogers on your leg while you are trying to shampoo.

"I. AM. HAVING. A. SHOWER." with included deathstare means business, and nobosy will come near you for fear of injury lol.
    This sounds horrible but in fear of losing my sanity I had to take extreme measures.

Dp is a ******, really lol and I basically had to beg him to watch the kids while I showered. He got the death stare but nope, He told me to wait until they were asleep :O .. I punched him square in the nose .. I was just over come with anger lol. No wonder he moved interstate lol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to krystallxx For This Useful Post:

Lemonhead  (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Often when i tell DH i need a break he will say something along the lines of 'Oh i'll take DD1 out then' - ummm what about DD2??? one child does not a break make - take them both!!!

I've had 2 nights off in 3 years

I like to veg out right after the kids go to bed but DH is always all 'let's clean etc (which generally means i clean only)' - how about let me rest for 5 mins ffs.

Ahhh it was good to get that off my chest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    take them both!!!
    Hahahaha take them both----for a week!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lemonhead For This Useful Post:

MothersMilk  (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krystallxx View Post
    I wouldn't have time to do the things at home I wanna do if I worked full time and I would rather be the sole care provider for my child so I just suck it up and get on with eating my cold food, bottomless laundry basket, peeing with an audience, showering with my fan club etc
    Unfortunately, that's often the trade off. I work full-time now as I was forced to due to finances when I was a single mum and I feel like a machine. I still have to do everything I did as a SAHM (cooking, cleaning, gardening, etc) but I have 8 hours less per day to do it in. I don't sit down most nights until around 9 pm. I guess grass is always greener But I do feel so much more satisfied with life now that I'm working and not always trapped in the house.

I'm pretty lucky to have a supportive DP who will watch DS at any time so I can go out with friends, go shopping etc just as I do for him