+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just have to come in here and say..............

NO longer will my saturdays be consumed with a rude awakening at 6am to get up and get ready for all the sports, no dragging 4 kid sout of bed at an uncivilised hour, no forcing breakfast down their little necks and NO dragging them, half dressed, hair all over the place, screeching like a banshee into the car to drive from one end of our cit to another and beyond......NOPE, it ended today! Thank GOD!
    I was hoping for DS's sake that they would win their game but secretly, a little piece of me was desperately begging for it to be over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yay!!

I was thinking of this thread today. Im sick and was trying to have a quiet 5min to myself and hoping my headache and tonsillitis would magically vanish. But DD decided she wanted to take care of me. I said to her "no, i just want to have a little lay down by myself please" in the sweetest voice i could muster.

She walked out of the room crying Spent the next 20min being roughly tucked in, given about 20 teddies blankets and toys to make me feel better. He twilight night light that shines stars on the roofs so im not afraid of the dark ( it was about 3pm)
    I know you being sweet and kind and caring but seriously i just want you to get lost and leave me in peace for 5 min. Not jump on and off the bed and get in my face.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bank For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (13-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I put in the night garden on when I need a cuppa break.

I give in to my toddler by giving her phones, keys, etc... Whatever to keep her quiet.

I nap in the afternoons when she does

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate I have to share my food!! Its mine FFS get your own!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    YES! ME TOO! except dd is only 2 so can't get her own

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I swear to god my children hate my guts.

They have spent the morning whinging about how tough they have it, how hard their lives are, what a sh!t parent I am and how everything is so unfair.
    This morning, before chool, I could have easily packed a BIG bag and run. Can't believe these little beings have that power over me- even me crying in front of them didn't stop them.
    They. Don't. Care.

I would like 5 minutes to myself that doesn't include wiping their crap up, preparing food for them to whine about, to clean the house and have it stay that bloody way for more than an hour.

bad day here today.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Cyber coming your way. You sound like a great mum and things will get better for you, I can feel it in my waters.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (23-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks SPG. the fighting, it does my head in...it's constant, like fingernails down a chalk board. Starts about 5 minutes after they open their eyes and ends when the shut them again....what on earth did I do to make them so unhappy......I'll never know!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like every day in my house! I resigned myself to the fact it's just how kids are!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue&Pink For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (23-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Roopee- I am sorry you have had a bad day. I think your a wonderful mother from the things you say!!

This may be a drastic measure, but are they old enough to shock a little? Maybe you can tell them that they need to see how good they have it in life. Get them to bundle a heap of their toys up and get them to clean them and they can march down the local hospital to the kids ward. Maybe seeing sick children might help? Maybe ring the ward clerk and ask if they can visit the kids? Take in balloons out of their own money or something?

Are the oldest ones enough to help out in a soup kitchen one night for a couple of hours? Really drive home how bad some people do have it? Can you cut pocket money and they can all sponsor a child in Somalia?

If these ideas are not suitable, sorry just thinking maybe taking a whole another track with them. I would be cutting back on all luxuries and telling them until they can start been appreciative they can earn those luxuries back. I would do TV, food, time with friends etc! Your a wonderful mother and you can remind them who is boss! They might resent it for a while but they will learn a valuable lesson.
    If your DH and present a united front they will lean quick enough.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquillah For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (23-08-2011)