+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Confessions of a bored SAHM.

OK, don't go calling me awful or a b!tch or anything but I'm going to make some confessions and i want you all to make some too so I don't feel so horrid.

First off, I am a SAHM, I've worked on and off for the 10 and a half years I have been a SAHM for and LOVED the time out I got for myself but it was only about 10 hrs a week so nothing to skite about.
    I go to Uni now but other than that and the gym, I don't do anything 'adult'.

Anyway, I am quite over it to be honest.
    I have loved spending these 10 years at home with my 4 kids (10, 8, 6 and 4yrs) for the most part but enough is enough. I dont want to wipe bums anymore, I dont want to make smiley frikken face sandwiches for lunch anymore, I don't want to eat every meal with someone stealing crap off my plate or climbing on me, or asking for something.......

Yep, I'll take you to the park, but don't expect me to hover over you to make sure you're having a good time- I bought you to the park, go play. If you need a push on the swings, sure thing, i'll do that, but dont expect me to stand there for 3 hrs- not gunna happen.

I feel bad because people assume that I am sad I'm having no more babies (and until 2 yrs ago that was the case) but I'm not. Yep, I'll hold your baby while you do something or even just for 5 mins to shake off my yellow feathers but I dont want to spend our whole lunch date holding your baby- been there done that and if I am out to lunch then I kinda would like to eat mine? (that sounds SO awful but I hope someone out there can relate)

Yeah, sure you can have a friend over to play. I dont like play dates at all but I 'do' them because the kids like to have their friends over but please dont expect me to be happy to ferry you and your friends around all weekend- I would like some down time too and if I am catering to yours and your friends needs that means that I dont get that time. Just an hour?
    And I dont care that if when your at Johnny's house his mum is happy to clean up your mess- I am not doing it, if you make a mess, clean it up. easy! I'm your mum, not your maid.
    After play dates there is usually food crumbs, and crap all through the bl00dy house so then I have to go through and clean it all over again.

At dinner time- I cooked your tea, I will even clean most of the mess up after it but you know what?If your thirsty mid meal and you've run out of juice? Go get it yourself- the fridge is in the same place it has always been all your life. I dont like having to get up to get your drink if you guzzled it.

Whats that? You want to play another sport? Really? Because dropping various kids to various after school activities 4 afternoons a week is not enough? You serious? I'm not sure where you would like me to pullall this time from.

And DH? Yes, i AM allowed to whinge and freaking moan about the monontony of my 'job'. Honestly, it is the same sh!t every day here. Wake, shower, cup of tea, referee a fight, make breakfast, referee a fight, clean up from b/fast, fight the kids t get dressed, referee a fight, wipe bathroom down, hassle them to clean tetth and pack school bags, ref another fight, hurry them into car drop 3 at school, ref another fight over who is sitting in what freaking chair in the car, drop them off, and exhale.

And crucify me now but YES. I love my Fridays. Fridays I get to go to Uni ALL day. ALL day! I get to ave a coffee AND lunch with adults. I get to talk to adults ALL day long. I LOVE it.
    I LOVE my kids,a dn I love the opportunites they have and I love my family but sometimes I just want to run far far away.

Please, someone else post so i dont feel like the worst mother on the planet!

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Roopee For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (10-08-2011),bada  (10-08-2011),Benji  (10-08-2011),brogeybear  (10-08-2011),Bubbles10  (10-08-2011),DaughteroftheForest  (10-08-2011),delirium  (10-08-2011),FloatingFairy  (10-08-2011),Gandalf  (11-08-2011),iamLilysmummy  (23-08-2011),Kittylou  (11-08-2011),Lemmings  (10-08-2011),lovelymum  (10-08-2011),M.2.  (16-08-2011),Mahjong  (10-08-2011),MamaC  (13-08-2011),me+he=3  (10-08-2011),Mmm Dessert  (10-08-2011),MothersMilk  (10-08-2011),mumb  (11-08-2011),naebie  (11-08-2011),Pinkzy  (10-08-2011),PomPoms  (11-08-2011),rubytuesday  (10-08-2011),Sairz  (10-08-2011),SassyMummy  (11-08-2011),Theophania  (10-08-2011)

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh you've made my day!

SNAP!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate being a SAHM. I am **** at housework. I'd much rather go out to work and slave away for a crappy wage, than do the crap I do at home day in day out and don't get appreciated or recognised for. But sadly for me, it is not cost effective for me to go to work. So instead I'll remain an unsatisfied SAHM, who pretends to love it, because there are plenty of women who would love to be in my position.
    God it feels good to get that out.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsdj1234 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-08-2011),mumb  (11-08-2011),Roopee  (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    You're a brave woman Roopee. You've lasted a heck of a lot longer than me. I don't think there's been a history of stay-at-home-motherhood in my family for many generations. My mother did it for 2 years and went batty being at home all of the time. I lasted 3 years and really felt the boredom. I've always had hobbies, baked a lot, did lots of exercise but there's only so much you can do before you're stuck in a rut if you're like me.

My job is as boring as batsh!t but it gets me out of the house. I love the drive in and drive home, I LOVE the fact that I get SO excited to see DS at the end of the day and we race over to each other to tell each other how much we missed the other, I spend so much more *quality* time with him now as opposed to feeling like needing to keep HIM 'occupied'.

You're not alone at all Shame it's taboo to talk about but I feel exactly the same way. I love being a mum, it's the best thing I ever did, but I need to feel like an individual human being also.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Lol I can relate to so much of this.. Grabbing lappy so can reply!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mummykitty For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep, i am very bored and sick of being a SAHM. I long to do something else - mainly go back to tafe, when i was going to tafe it was the highlight of my week. I would look forward to it and be so excited to have a few hours of doing something that had nothing to do with babies - ahhh loved it

Confession - i've recently started looking a job ads even though it isn't realistic for me to get a job atm. I just like to daydream about it.

Being a SAHM was fun the first 2 years but then i started getting over it - it's the same stuff day in, day out. *yawn*

I pretend it's cooler than it really is because i don't want to offend those who wish they could be in my position - and yes, i am very grateful i don't *need* to work. Once someone asked me and another SAHM if we enjoyed it, the other mum said "I love it, it's the best thing blah blah" and i said "Nah, it's sh!t" - everyone laughed at my 'joke' but i was serious

How's that for a confession

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MothersMilk For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish I was good at being a SAHM. My DH always says "it's what you've always wanted to do" and it is, but sometimes I feel like I'm doing a really crappy job of it.

They will grow up one day, Roopee, and they won't be so demanding (in the ways you mention, anyway ).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Mands~ For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Aww lol vent away!!!

Im only a part time SAHM mum as finances meant I needed to return to work but even in the part time that I'm at home, I still find myself needing a bit of a release.

When I think of any naughty confessions I have to make you feel better, I'll pop back in here and share them with you hehe

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FloatingFairy For This Useful Post:

Roopee  (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MothersMilk View Post
    Once someone asked me and another SAHM if we enjoyed it, the other mum said "I love it, it's the best thing blah blah" and i said "Nah, it's sh!t" - everyone laughed at my 'joke' but i was serious

How's that for a confession
    That would have been ME!
    Some days it's GREAT I mean it's not all a massive pain in the a$$! The days I take the kids out of school for a 'mental health' day and take them to the movies, or something like that...I LOVE that I get to do that with them. I'm just a bit over it all.

I am SO freaking relieved though that I am not alone in feeling like I spend my time thinking...'sure.....yes, I love doing this mundane bullsh!t' all the while rolling my eyes and calling myself the worlds BIGGEST liar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Right now I'm hiding under a washing basket in the backyard! Hoping the kids don't find me, and super grateful that ds1&2 are close enough together to keep each other occupied! The thought of having another baby makes me sick... Which is strange coz up until 2 months ago I couldn't wait to get pregnant again! I don't like newborn
    Babies, I hate it when people want me to hold them and coo over them!!!
    Sh*t they found me...

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maximum22 For This Useful Post:

FloatingFairy  (10-08-2011),MothersMilk  (10-08-2011),Roopee  (10-08-2011)