Would like to talk to others with Depression | Page 20 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fichicken View Post
    CHERMSIDE PLAYGROUP

MEETING WEEKLY ( starting the 26th October 2011)
    WEDNESDAY 10AM

KIDSPACE PLAYGROUND CHERMSIDE, Murphy Rd, 7th Brigade Park, Chermside, 4032

Hi

My name is Fiona, I am the mum to one DD age 2yrs 10 mths. I am starting a weekly playgroup for mums and dads with anxiety /depression or with partners with this, Its a chance to get together and have a chat and meet other like minded mums and dads.

So come along and make new friends. Hope to see you all there.I will be wearing a red and white stripped Tshirt and will have a sign on my pram so you can find me.

Let me know if you are interested in coming
    Sorry I don't live near you, but I hope everything goes well at your meet up

inkognito - I am kind of like you and tend to worry about things that don't effect me. I think I it might be because I tend to care to much about others. I hope you have had a much better day.

AFM: I have had a crappy couple of days. CD 73 and still no pregnancy or AF and I am stick and tired of my body not working!!! Also I have been debating about increasing my hours at work (due to DH and I needing to have a bit more money) but I don't know if I am ready for it yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,

I really hope you don't mind me popping in but I need some advice.

Dh and I have been together 10 yrs and married 3.. On and off thru our relationship we have had some big ups and downs lately more downs. The doc diagnosed him of acute depression earlier this year but he thought he could hold out as we were doing ivf and he was worried it would affect his swimmers..

Last night he blew $400 in the pokies.. I lost it with him but he couldn't have cared less about it.. We are in major save mode ATM and its left me just shocked and upset..

Is anyone's dh/dp on an anti depressants that won't affect or have a big effect on sperm? I'm desperate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there I'm on anti depressants and my dh is on medication for bi polar. (I know what an interesting house we have at times lol) but we had no problem conceiving. We were only together 5 months when I fell pregnant. He'd previously had his sperm tested and was told if sperm had an Olympic event he'd be getting gold, gold, gold lol
    Has you dh had his sperm tested?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi kristy,

Yep he has a low count and motility etc so we are worried that it will affect it but I know at the end of the day it's his health that's more important.

But god I'm so mad ATM!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be mad too!! I'm referred to the minister of finance at my house because if it was up to dh we would have much more random crap than what we have lol.
    I'm no doctor but medication hasn't effected us fertility wise as far as we are aware and I took ad's through out my pregnancy and my dd is perfect! (no bias at all!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I'm a first-time mum from Melbourne and I have a now one-year-old son who was diagnosed with a rare genetic syndrome at six weeks of age. 2012 saw me battle his health problems, post-natal depression and my struggles to be a better mother. I decided in 2013 to embrace more positive things in my life.

I've had some amazing responses from people who have experienced amazing things on their own journeys in becoming mothers, and so I'm just putting more of myself out there in the hope that my raw honesty helps others to be honest with themselves too. We're all doing a bloody hard job but we are also doing a bloody awesome job too!
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 03-01-2013 at 14:10. Reason: Please don't self promote. Link removed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Never thought I'd be posting in this thread but I have just been diagnosed with GAD & depression I have been prescribed Effexor (low start dose) & had my first dose last night, I have also been taking 2mg of valium when I need it for anxiety (mornings are the worst) but only take it when I really need it - it works wonders for the anxiety but seems to make the depression worse. What have other people's experiences been with Effexor ?

I hate not feeling myself & not being able to enjoy my kids - I hate feeling disconnected & out of it, feels like I'm just going through the motions & it's affecting my ability to function (eg I'm scared of driving now) be great to talk to others going through the same thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I feel like this alot also. I have always suffered from anxiety and bouts of depression. I was diagnosed with cervical dystonia in August 2013, symptoms started 2 years ago. I spend most of my time at home and my friends are all busy so I don't see anyone much and feel very isolated most of the time. My hubby is great but would really love to meet some more mums to chat with. If I didn't have my baby, I would be home alone every day while my husband works due to my disability. It's hard, If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I am 28 and have been dealing with this for off and on for a decade