Would like to talk to others with Depression | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Would like to talk to others with Depression

HI, I was diagnosed with depression a few years ago. It seems to come and go depending on situations, my reactions etc.
    I really just would like to talk. Whether its to others in the same boat, people who have completely recovered, anyone really. (I am not suicidal or anything. Just feeling like S@$T)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there. I have had depression for 10 yrs (well medicated, had it longer). I have my good and bad days. Can inbox me if you like. Don't know how much help i can give but here if you need it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to quin For This Useful Post:

kriista  (06-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi kristy,

I have been dealing with depression since I was 16... I'm now 27. I seem to go through seasonal changes in mood and nearly every year around this time I start noticing the black cloud reappearing. I've tried many medications, 12 months of psychology, seen 2 psychiatrists but it is something that I think I have to live with. I finally found a medication that worked for me but I keep having 'time off' because I am scared I will lose the real me.

Its horrible to hear that others have to go through this too (but strangely comforting). Hope ur ok. You're welcome to Pm me.
    Jade

Sent from my HTC Desire using Bubhub
    Last edited by jadee22; 05-08-2011 at 22:23.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jadee22 For This Useful Post:

kriista  (06-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kristy I have had depression since I was 14. (gang raped) so I have anxiety and PTSD. I have been on many medications and have seen lots of psychologists.

This was really bad there for awhile I went down and hard. I turned to drugs, alcohol and even sex to make me feel better (but of course it didn't)

When I found out that I was pregnant I was in a good place and I was until my son was 8 weeks where my DH cheated on me with another woman. Since then I have had trust issues and I feel like I am losing myself once again.

I know it will take time but I will find me again. I am looking forward to talk to other people that are suffering from depression, like jadee22 said it is strangely comforting to hear that there is others too that are going through this

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimnus For This Useful Post:

kriista  (06-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kristy, I hope you are doing okay...It is easy to bcome lost and depressed with the weight of the world on your shoulders but there is power in numbers and you are not really alone. As you can see there are plenty of ppl here suffering similar symptoms. If you need an ear to listen just let me know . I wish you the best and hope the rest of your day gets a little sunnier.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lousie For This Useful Post:

kriista  (06-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey there feel free to PM me too if you like, I have depressed and post traumatic stress disorder x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue&Pink For This Useful Post:

kriista  (06-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'd like to thank you all for replying. It does seem to ease the burden knowing I'm not alone. At the moment we are living with my parents (we are nearly 30ffs!!!!) and it's really doing my head in. Snide comments from my mum because I spend more time with my daughter who is 6 months old than cleaning the f'n house. F HER LOL.
    Ahhh the joys!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kristy good call on the massage!! You are doing exactly what a good parent should; putting your daughter first and finding alternative ways to cope with the stress of being a mom and other family members. You can't control how they behave, only how you react to them. The cleaning is always there, and taking more time for your daughter is not only great for her, but good for you too. Hang in there; and remember that you have the best intentions for your child and anyone that it negitive towards that can zip it lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Louise. That's exactly how I feel about it too. Seriously who cares about the cleaning. The house is spotless most of the time anyway lol I can live in organized mess here's to a better day !!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies,
    Today is a better day. Dh is at work, I just want him to come home so dd, dh & myself can spend an afternoon together. Even if it's just laying in bed lol.
    No idea what time he finishes. Oh well. How is everyone else feeling today???

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub