+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Halloween!!

Okay, so my first (yes, first) halloween shipment of the year has arrived.

My family is American (California) although I was born here. Needless to say, it has been a tradition my mom kept going after moving here with my brothers.

Each year we have a HUGE halloween bash - a party, campout etc. that runs over 2 days. We are lucky enough to have a 25 acre bush property about an hour out of Perth and it is sooo much fun.

So, I'm just excited that my first boxes for the year have arrived! I'm also 31 weeks and already have both my son's (9yo) and bub's costume organised. Since bub will only be a few weeks old, I'm going as a zombie newborn mother. (Think vomit stained nightie, black circles under my eyes, ratty hair) I figure I won't need to dress up at all!!

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    OMG IM SO JEALOUS!!!! I love halloween and costumes!!! But because its not a big thing here, I dont know anyone who really 'celebrates' it. Taking DS Trick or Treating is about as exciting as it gets and even then most people are grouchy about having to give him candy Lol I need more friends so I can have a decent halloween party
    Im jealous and excited for you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My halloween costume came today I live in Perth Australia and our family has a big party too so getting ready early

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Your both in Perth??! Where are these awesome Perth Halloween parties? I need to move Lol Whats your costume kegkeg??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have haloween/ Samahain here in autumn we have costumes and watch some movies have stories games etc and of course we have lots of food I think it's a pity so many in Australia brush it off as an american tradition when there is so much more to it. Hope your party goes well do we get pics of these costumes?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    it's funny when people get so 'oh halloween is just american crap...' about it, especially since it originated in europe and we also seem to celebrate something called easter and christmas....??

i love it because it was always such a huge thing in our house growing up and my mom died when i was 18, hence it's a way for my son to remember her even though he never met her.
    and seriously, dressing up and eating candy...?? so much fun!!

kegkeg - what is your costume..?
    London - think you should throw your a party this year!! you'd be surprised how many people will come. and it's great to have something where the adults can have a bit of fun (and a drink or seven) and the kids have a ball as well.

now to pick this year's jack-o-lantern theme....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont know enough people to have a decent party (shame) but I have told a friend of mine who does have alot of friends and so far she seems to like the idea. Woot! hahaha

I do want to see pics of these costumes or past costumes. A couple of years ago one of the mums at DS school had a kids Halloween party and I had practically no money to get DS a costume. THIS was our last minute costume for him Lol Needless to say, amongst the Hulks and cute witches, DS was one of the more inappropriate costumes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going as a dead sailor girl this year with day of the dead makeup if you google day of dead makeup you will see what I'm on about Its pretty

Thanks
    Reviews
    ooooo I like that makeup idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wanna go to a party! I'm the same... Not enough friends worth organising one for. Surely if I make a facebook event I could get 4508543367 ppl to attend!

How about a bubhub Halloween party! Who in Sydney wants to be my friend lol??