View Poll Results: Are you still with your first child's father?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

151 73.30%
  • No

50 24.27%
  • Other- don't know why, but there's always an other!

5 2.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. I wouldn't say we are extremely close, but we co parent quite well and are able to hold a civil conversation and keep each other informed about what is going on in each others lives.

WTF lol. I swear to god i read the title of this thread "are you still friends with your first child's father" oh well in that case, No I am not.
    Last edited by Littlemissmetal; 02-08-2011 at 18:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I was pregnant to someone else before my partner, but it didn't result in a child, so picked 'other', but my first child yes was to my now DH, we married when i was 7 months preggy. Been together 9 years, married for 6 this month.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. Never was with the idiot. I have more sense than to become involved with that type of person but I do have a cute kid that came from the encounter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bek, you could just wait for the new census results to come out couldn't you?

Like Benji said, I don't think this would show an accurate account, because a lot of couples split when the children are older... or do you just want to know how many people at the same stage as you are still partnered with their first baby-daddy, 3rd child. lol.. baby-daddy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    DH and I were talking about this and I wanted to do a study on it

So, are you still with your first child's father?

I reckon its a minority but DH thinks most people are.
    I think that, despite the poll results, you are closer to being right.

the divorce rate is about 50%, de facto relationships higher, so if you did the poll across the whole Australian population, it would likely be closer to 50% or maybe more (people who are NOT with their first child's father).

I think it's lower on BH as there are a lot of younger people in the early years of relationships and with young kids and still having kids. The grim years are yet to come for most people here.

Anyway, my point is that I think you can still claim victory over your husband, at least that he's wrong that it's not the majority who are still with the father of their first child.

ETA: I should have read more than the first post, as somebody has come to the same conclusion.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMummy View Post
    I think that, despite the poll results, you are closer to being right.

the divorce rate is about 50%, de facto relationships higher, so if you did the poll across the whole Australian population, it would likely be closer to 50% or maybe more (people who are NOT with their first child's father).

I think it's lower on BH as there are a lot of younger people in the early years of relationships and with young kids and still having kids. The grim years are yet to come for most people here.

Anyway, my point is that I think you can still claim victory over your husband, at least that he's wrong that it's not the majority who are still with the father of their first child.

ETA: I should have read more than the first post, as somebody has come to the same conclusion.
    I was going to say the same type of thing.

I am not with my first childs father.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still with my children's father.

I think you're closer to being right lemonhead.

In my family I'm in the minority. My grandmother split from her 1st husband, my mother did & my sister did. Oh yeah my great grandmother did too.

Sent from my X10i using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry another one ruining your theory Been with hubby 18 years, married 16 years, two kids - both his.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup... actually between DH & I we only have one person (1 aunt on my side, an uncle on his) who arent still with their eldest kids dad.. not that it has anything to do with us still being together!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, I am.
    But I do think you're right OP.