View Poll Results: Are you still with your first child's father?

Voters
206. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

151 73.30%
  • No

50 24.27%
  • Other- don't know why, but there's always an other!

5 2.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Casey88 is offline Life is made up of years that mean nothing, and moments that mean everything.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonhead View Post
    Ok, obviously my "study" has imperfections its not an actual study, don't worry.

Mmmkay yes, I think those of you who said that its probably more common but it wont be reflected on the forum because most people have very young kids are correct.

DH and I have bee together 7 years, and have #3 on the way
    I am not sure what the age of the child has to do with it. My mum left my dad when I was 18months, my best friends partner left her when her children were 2 & 4. But then DF's parents separated when he was 10. I know one girl that has a 4yo and 2yo to seperate fathers and she is with a guy that isnt the father to either of them. If there had to be an age when most parents split up I think it would be when they are younger IMO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey88 View Post
    I am not sure what the age of the child has to do with it. My mum left my dad when I was 18months, my best friends partner left her when her children were 2 & 4. But then DF's parents separated when he was 10. I know one girl that has a 4yo and 2yo to seperate fathers and she is with a guy that isnt the father to either of them. If there had to be an age when most parents split up I think it would be when they are younger IMO.
    I think they all just mean that if x% of people split up when the kids are young and y% split up say when the kids are 10yrs+, then this poll is really only going to capture the x's, because most people on here have at least one young kid. So you're not actually seeing the whole picture, as you're missing all the y's in the equation.
    I guess just means that the longer you're with someone the higher the overall chance that you'll split up...
    Hope that made sense, lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes and are expecting number two now.
    I would be pretty upset if I wasn't after dd arrived a few weeks after out 7th anniversary of TTC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope. Have two kids with him. And a baby with another man. Not with him either.

beginning to think it might be me lol....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nope and never want to be!
    kids don't even know him. df came into their life at a very young age. they know only him as their father. they deserve to have someone like my df as a dad. :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Huni&Coco For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (09-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeBackKid View Post
    Nope. Have two kids with him. And a baby with another man. Not with him either.

beginning to think it might be me lol....
    Only your appalling taste in men. Creep and balding. Blerk. I'm glad you're a lesbian now, but I still don't think your taste has improved. Ellen is... only a slight improvement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, and by far the best decision I've made. I now have a wonderful DF and a proper Daddy to my DD's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey88 View Post
    I was an adult, so was my older brother, and my little brother was just about to turn 12 when our parents split up, whereas I was single from conception. Age is relevant because chances are many members who have been together and only had kids within that relationship will be divorced inthe future even if it's when the kids are adults. Yet right now they can say they are still with the father of their first child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep sure am

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I tell you what though. There have been a few close calls to call it quits

Love him to bits but boy sometimes he drives my nuts lol