Closed Thread
Page 54 of 68 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the update WOP. I am finding it hard to think you are 15+ weeks! I feel like that has gone fast... how do you feel it has been? 15 weeks seems like spot on time to feel more stretchy growing pains so I wouldn't worry too much but I was sorry to read your car got into a bingle- really not what you want to have happen on your hols. enjoy the rest of your trip.

Rach85- have you given any more thought towards getting your bloods done? I know it can be nerve racking wondering what results will mean for you but maybe it will also give you a opportunity to know everything is ticking along nicely in there. Big Hugs for you. Easier said than done but please be gentle on yourself.

Congrats on your fantastic scan results Madje. And Hamn What beautiful news. does anyones scan measurements move your due date? or were you spot on with counting from lmp?

How are you feeling tonight Mummylip? Still feeling niggles in there? How long do you need to keep the progesterone support going? Yay for the scan appointment- I will count down with you. We had our scan at 7+4 and didn't manage to avoid dildo cam doc wanted to look from all angles.

Congrats on hitting the 10 week mark AutumnLove! That is 1/4 down and 3/4 to go... I love your scan avatar- can't wait to see an updated one in 16 days time

Hi GraciesMummy- How does it feel to be out of the closet with your baby news? I'm glad your telling you folks went ok (as much as you thought it would) and I will send you some blue vibes- are you thinking you have a blue one in there? We will have to wait and see... Best of luck for hopefully your last interview on Wed- You have had to put in the hard yards in the selection process, when do you think you will hear back?

I hear you on the wondering about whats happening in there between one scan to the next- I am the same I dread scans and walk in there expecting to hear the worst. I think its a hang up from child hood that just when I think everything is going fine I expect the world to come crumbling down. Our recent loss has made that feeling 100 times worse as I will always feel bad for DS that I never got the chance to really relax and enjoy being pregnant with him as I spent so much time hoping for him to be ok. I am trying to send this little one happy vibes now that we have seen a heartbeat and things are moving forward with blood test ob and scan appt and all right in the middle of Christmas. Busy times ahead for sure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all- thanks so much for your welcomes and support! What wonderful ladies you all are

Bloods at 3.40pm today. And your right I don't need to know the exact results! Gonna get dh to call and get them for me and break whatever news to me himself.

They are going to ask for a viability scan and a dating scan. Yuck. Scans have so far been the bearer if bad news so really stressing about them!

On the plus side- I rang my naturopath/ acupuncturist and she is going to see me today at 11.30 for a treatment and twice a week for the first trimester. She wants to work on reducing the stress hormones!!! Stressful job and stressful pregnancy- thank god she understands! That has made me feel better- that I am doing something regularly that will benefit baby. Please stick bubba!!!

Haha now to hope work understands me running off to appointments every 5 minutes

Thanks again girls xox have a wonderful Tuesday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    orning Ladies

Just a quick one from me while DD eats her brekky.

Just wanted to congratulate Mad and Hamn on thier scans.

WOP - Hope you are enjoying your holiday Sorry to hear that your car got rear ended... that sucks! Not something that you need while on holiday I hope those pains you have been getting have subsided xxx

Graciesmummy - Goodluck getting the job. Sounds like you have it in the bag! Dont stress too much about telling them about your pregnancy. You can always say you didnt know ... seriously tho, if you dont intend on taking an extended period of leave after the baby arrives it shouldnt be too much of a problem. You will have leave accrued by then if you arnt eligble for maternity leave. BTW - Yay for telling your parents, I'm happy for you that it went better than you were expecting.

Rach - Goodluck with your blood test today.

to everyone else.

AFM - Im still here reading along. The m/s seems to have left me alone for the last few days which has me both relieved and worried... I dont know how it can go out on such a high? Im seeing my doctor tommorow, he will no doubt do another scan for me. Im going to discuss with him all my worries - maybe he can suggest some coping strategies. I want to ask him about the possiblity of having a fetal echo done aswell. Hopefully he will give me the referral if he wasnt already planning on doing one.
    My NT scan on the 12th is playing heavily on my mind. Im worried that there will be something wrong again and know that if there is that im not strong enough to handle it. I just want to get past that hurdle and onto the next one so we can know for sure if we are in the clear. The uncertaintity is killing me - I just want to share our news with everyone but haven't yet until we know that this bub is ok which wont be until 15 - 16 weeks or maybe later. Why does bringing new life into the world have to be so hard?

Whoops sorry for the whinge...

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI guys from Sanur in Bali!!!
    Welcome to the new ladies, and congrats to the great scans and bloods so exciting to hear

AFM: today im 14weeks and i def have a very rounded tummy to show for it, its cute i think *hope* i talk a lot to it so hopefully ppl will stop looking at me funny soon. Def still peeing too WOP so far thats not changed for me, still feeling pukey too The humidity and heat here is overwhelming so im spending a lot of time in the pool hehe rocket seems to like the pool. Sometimes i can see my tummy wiggle its cool as cant feel it tho just see a wiggle at times.
    Boobs have grown AGAIN seriously need some new clothes and bra when i get home do you think i should just get a feeding bra? hoping this is the bulk haha of the growing...
    Will try and catch up so much has happened in here, will be back in Oz next week with decent internet lol hope your all doing great much belly love to all xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giggle- Your fears are completely understandable. I can't even begin to imagine what you must have gone through losing Josh. It's sad that you won't be able to fully relax for the next few weeks. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers. Have you tried acupuncture for anxiety? I have been having it once a week, and it seems to make a bit of a difference. Anythings worth a try! Keep hanging in there!

~Gracie'sMummy~ is offline There is no footprint so small that it doesn't leave an imprint on this world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggle&Hoot View Post
    My NT scan on the 12th is playing heavily on my mind. Im worried that there will be something wrong again and know that if there is that im not strong enough to handle it. I just want to get past that hurdle and onto the next one so we can know for sure if we are in the clear. The uncertaintity is killing me - I just want to share our news with everyone but haven't yet until we know that this bub is ok which wont be until 15 - 16 weeks or maybe later. Why does bringing new life into the world have to be so hard?
    Oh Giggle ... it is absolutely normal and completely ok to be worried that this little bubba is going to be perfectly healthy. After what you went through with Josh it is natural to fear the same thing will happen again... don't beat yourself up for worrying, it's ok to feel this way. Maybe worth speaking to your Doc about some good coping techniques over the next 5-6wks - to be honest, i think you are coping as well as anyone who has lost a child would.

And you know what hun, you ARE strong enough to handle the outcome either way. You are an amazingly strong, loving, wonderful Mother and you will be ok.
    I have such a good feeling that this baby will be one for you to take home and cuddle and love and will be a great little brother/sister for Hannah ...

The most rewarding things in life are usually the hardest, most heartbreaking, and most challenging to obtain... but worth fighting for. Just look at your beautiful little girl... so worth it.

We are all here for you to support you and give you a soft place to fall, particulary over the next 5-6wks. I have a really good feeling we will be celebrating and crying tears of joy with you when you post the news that bub is perfectly healthy... What a great Christmas present that will be!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gee guys! Thanks for your lovely words, Ive got a few tears reading them. I feel so glad you guys understand where im coming from.

Im trying to stay positive but the doubt at the back of my mind just wont go away. I feel deep down that this baby is going to be nice and healthy but I guess I'm in protection mode still. This pregnancy has been so different to both Hannah and Josh, except for the staining a few weeks ago I havnt had any spotting and hardly any cramps and I had both with my other pregnancies. I think its a pretty positive sign that bubs is going well and is happy. I think all the waiting is getting to me, I'm not a very patient person

I think I need to find some things to keep me occupied. I was going to look into swimming classes or another more structured playgroup for Hannah to get me out of the house for an extra day. Were making cookies later - that will be a good distraction. Ive been looking for stay at home work but legit jobs are hard to find. I applied for one a few weeks back but I havn't heard anything back as yet and think that I most likely wont.

Hopefully I will have a new scan pic to share tommorow

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm good thanks MummyLip! I'm 10w2days now you too will be approaching the end of your first trimester before you know it!

Welcome Little Pink Hen Congratulations on your BFP!

I can't believe how your little girl picked it Ja! Kids are amazing! It will be interesting to see if she's right about the sex! Are you finding out prior to bub arriving?

Welcome & congratulations Rach! We all know how nervous you are feeling sending tonnes of your way xxx

Congratulations on 10 weeks and fetus stage Autumn! it's an awesome feeling isn't it?! xxx

WOO HOO for your fantastic scan results Mad! that's wonderful, I'm so pleased for you!

Fantastic news about your scan too Hanm! Awesome numbers! sorry to hear about your MIL still hanging around.. what a pain in the butt! Hope she pees off soon

Nice to hear from you all the way from NZ WOP! Good to see things are still going wonderfully for you & Sprout!

Gracie's mummy! Thanks for the shout out! I'm glad you were finally able to share your good news with your parents. At least they weren't awful about it, I'm relieved for you. and MASSIVE for the job interview tomorrow!

Oh Giggle I wish things were easier & I wish there was a guarantee that everything will be ok! I agree with Gracie's mummy, you are strong enough to handle whatever life throws your way, you're such a strong and fantastic woman, you can overcome anything! I also have a fantastic feeling for this bubba for you, I really do. I can completely understand you feeling so anxious though. I feel the same and haven't been through half the heartbreak that you have! Just know we're all here for you hun, we can all relate in a small way. Think of us as your massive support network of friends, standing around you in a circle, protecting you as best we can from any evil coming in, but here to catch you when you can't stand on your own anymore. I'm not the best with words but what I'm trying to say is, we're all here for you, so whinge away anytime, and I hope the next few weeks fly for you until you get the all clear. Sending so many your way xxx

Hopeful! Your belly sounds so cute! Glad you're having a good time in Bali! Miss your regular posts though!

AFM - Plodding along nicely at 10w2d! Some days I feel like hurry up 12 weeks but I have to admit the time has flown so far. I have another appointment with my OB tomorrow to get the results of my glucose test from last week.. as I have mentioned before he does have his own ultrasound machine, I'm hoping to get a sneak at bub tomorrow just to make sure he (?) is ok. I feel like I'm in limbo land as I can't feel the movements yet and my next scan is 8 weeks away! I just want my bubba to be all ok. We all do don't we xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Daisypetal 10 weeks wow so close to the end of the first trimester. I really enjoyed reading you post it was very warm and encouraging, thanks for that. You said he, do you have an inkling that the baby is a boy? Will you find out? I love seeing an obs that has a machine it's so reassuring. Actually I am seeing my ob for the first time on Friday.

Giggle it's hard to have bad days after all you have been through. Sending lots of your way and hoping your anxiety eases soon. I think keeping busy is a great strategy it is deifnitely one I employ. Good luck with the scan tomorrow!

Hanm I agree I find acupuncture really relaxing. Are you having it right throughout your pregnancy?

HOpeful so jealous you are in bali. Drink lots of water of the bottled kind and enjoy the pool!

Rach when do you get your blood results. How did the acupuncture go this week? Glad you are feeling more positive.

Ja less cramping today which is good but I did have a bit of a sore back which is worrying but I think I just slept funny. I will be taking progesterone for the first 12 weeks- apparently at the 10-12 week mark the placenta takes over making progesterone. I think that's right! When is your next scan? Will it be the NT one?

Gracie's mummy if we are blessed with twins we'd be happy and also happy with a singleton. Just wrapped to be UTD again. If we do have twins we'd need a bigger house. We are converting a small study out the back into the nursery and we only have two other bedrooms one for us and one for Char. How's Gracie going? Glad to hear that the family were excited for your nws. Why were you worried about telling your parents if you don't mind me asking? Are you still have regular ultrasounds though that program?

WOP lad to hear you're having a good break in NZ.

to everybody else. Hope you are all doing well.

AFM: Off to get my blood tests tomorrow at 3pm. they are good. Feeling sick mainly in the mornings but no throwing up yet and sore boobs off and on. Hoping the 12 weeks will fly by quickly and glad to have you girls keeping me company.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for all the welcomes ladies

Rach congrats I followed one of your testing threads

Mummylip were you in the dec dig?

I'm glad everyone is having positive results from bt or scans

I'm having so many symptoms at the moment. Last time I thought I was lucky to not be having ms or anything. But this time it's so reassuring. I have sore boobs, ms, cravings and I'm sooo tired! I saw gp she got so excited when I told her I've been having ms. She was jumping up and down lol than apologised saying I'm sorry I'm celebrating that your sick but this is good news lol. She gave me an ultrasound referral for 8 weeks I'll get that on the 10th closer to 9 weeks. And next Friday I'll be organizing for my oncologist to give me a referral to my current hospital that I'm a patient at but isn't my local hospital. My gp wants me to birth there rather than the local one. She reckons the local one will get too stressed out with my pregnancy most likely being high risk. How ever I've been seriously thinking about home birthing but dh is not comfortable with that option.