Closed Thread
Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the job interview tomorrow Gracie'sMummy, and for everyone getting scans.

I'm a bit better than I was during the week, but DH decided he wants to come to the doc tomorrow anyway, 'cos they're going to do a scan. He told his boss about everything on Friday and got the "if you need time off it can be done" speech, so he's taking them up on that . He's got a lot of extra time up his sleeve too 'cos he's done so much overtime recently (other teams at his work are very short staffed atm, and he's been filling gaps for them). I think we're both pretty scared of what will happen tomorrow, but he's trying to be optimistic. One of us has to be I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Gracie's mummy! That's ok, I can understand how nervous you feel about telling them. Do it when you're ready, there's no real rush. Wishing you all the very best with the job today!

Sending you massive hugs WOP, it would have been such a tough day. Glad Jake was there to support you & Sprout xxx

Good luck today CC, I really hope the news is all positive! thinking of you.

~Gracie'sMummy~ is offline There is no footprint so small that it doesn't leave an imprint on this world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    WOP - Hugs to you hun.. what a perfect way to honour the memory of your beautiful little peanut. I'm so sorry he/she wasn't in your arms yesterday but i am so happy that little Sprout is on board and looking very healthy.
    How are you feeling at the moment? Have you been able to stop checking the tp?

CC - All the best tomorrow for your scan, i really hope everything looks great for you and you are able to see a healthy heart beat. I'm glad DH is taking some time off to go with you and hold your hand. He sounds like a wonderful support.

Daisy - Thanks hun, i can't believe i chickened out. I feel like if i wait until i know if i have this job then Mum and Dad wont be as upset. I don't know... seems silly... i'm 28yrs old!

Giggle - How are you babe? You've been super quiet lately!

AFM - My job interview went well this morning i think. It was 2 hours long and pretty full on with a case study, presentation, and lots of questions... but i think i did my best. Hopefully i find out in the next couple of days..
    Just booked in our 12wk Nucal Scan for the 28/11 - so only 2 weeks until we get to see Bumpkin again! YAY! I need to go and have the blood test sometime this week too... ouch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im still here reading along. Ive been finding it a bit hard to allow myself to get excited just yet...still terrified that something is going to go wrong so ive just been lurking. I just feel like im stressing about everything at the moment even though whatever happens is going to regardless. Im still feeling a little scared about hubby sealing the shower on Friday... was pretty ****ed off with him for not thinking before he started or even telling me what he was doing! I didnt breathe in very much of it as I ended up sitting outside until he was done and then we went out but its still playing in my mind when the extra stress is definately not needed. Other than all of that im good. Morning sickness has left the building but im still feeling tired in the afternoons and my boobs have suddenly grown a cup size and are starting to make colustrum already It happened around this time with Josh too...
    My 12 week scan is booked for the 12th of December. I will be either 13 weeks going by measurements of bub last time or 12+5 by ovulation. It cant come soon enough! If we can get past this trouble free I will start to feel more positive.

CC - Goodluck tommorow

Gracie - Hope you get the job

WOP - Your day remembering Peanut sounds perfect. Im sorry your balloons deflated though When do you leave for New Zealand?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Back from the OB and he thinks things are looking good. He did a scan in his office, strong rapid heart beat and according to size its at 7 wks 4 days, pretty much exactly right for the dates, assuming a 28 day cycle. Not out of the woods yet, but it's a much better start than last time. I have to book the NT scan and blood test today, and see him again in 4 wks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news CC! So exciting to see a heartbeat. I bet you notice a big difference when you go for your NT scan.

Giggle, I wouldn't worry about the shower if I were you. Good that you got out of the house afterwards though. Did you completely crack at DH? I have just shouted at DH for picking up DS1 late from school. I never do that! I feel so not myself at the moment, I hate it.

Gracie, sounds like the job interview went really well. Do you have any idea when they will let you know?

Daisy, any news yet? Please let us know.

AFM, Still feeling so crap, and completely dreading visit from Mother in-law on Wednesday. We have never got along. She'll be here for 6 days. Aaarrrrggggghhhh! I'm just going to have to pretend i've got a virus or something!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with MIL Hanm... Poor you LOL

Yeah I had a go at hubby, he thinks I'm over reacting but when you have already had to say goodbye to one bub because of major abnormalities you sorta freak about everything. He just didn't use his brain and had a lapse of judgement, I don't want to make him feel too awful about it... Mistakes happen and it's not something he will do again EVER. I don't think that the level of exposure will do anything... well at least I hope not... Companies should have a higher responsibility tho to consumers and state on the product if the ingredients are considered harmful to particular groups of people. I had to find the MSDS on the net to find out what potential nasties it had and yeah... Probably not great that I was exposed!

After a week feeling pretty good I'm back to feeling like crap again. I'm struggling after having lunch feel so queasy...

Thanks
    Reviews
    congratulations on doing an awesome job in the interview Gracie's mummy! Now you've done all you can and the rest is up to the universe I have everything crossed for you

glad the scan went well CC! A rapid heart beat is a great sign! I hope you're feeling a bit better now

Ughh Hanm, I feel so sorry for you re your Mother in Law coming to stay! I don't think I would survive one night with mine, let alone 6! Sending you lots of strength!

My scan was AWESOME! I pretty much had myself convinced that things were going to be awful, but they're not! My baby has a good heart beat of 169 bpm and I am measuring 9 weeks 1 day, which is only 2 days off what I thought so we're estatic! DH & I both shed a few tears. It is so amazing to see a heart beating inside you! I have a life in me! It is just the best thing ever

I hope everyone else is going well!

xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovely to check in and see good news from CC and Daisy, and hopefully on the way for Graciesmummy

Hang in there Giggle.I'm sure things will be fine with the sealant if you didn't hang around in there with doors and windows shut. I totally get being a bit freaked about it though.

You can do it Hanm- MIL can't hang around forever, the end is already in sight!

AFM- yes, Graciesmummy, I have stopped checking the TP. Feeling pretty good about things. And happy that belly is getting bigger but scales are staying stable- not for long now I know! Thinking about leaving Mums of Angels FB page though- I'm pretty good at being positive, but most of their losses have been late term, stillbirths or even SIDS, and while it's completely understandable, their pessimism makes it hard for me to keep my head in a happy place. Something to think about.
    Question for those who have done this before- can't help fiddling with my nipples cos they feel so different and waxy, and beads of a clear oily fluid came out. Colostrums whitish isn't it? What's this stuff???

Off to NZ in the morning so checkins will be tricky. I'll definitely stop in when I've got internets. and to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOP - Nah its colustrum. I think it can vary in colour a bit. Im just starting to get the clear stuff now. Once bub is born it might change to a yellowish colour before your milk comes in (well it did when I had Hannah). Word of advice - dont encourage it to come out just yet... I leaked so bad from 14 weeks with Hannah to the point of waking up in puddles of the stuff and that was the advice my OB gave me. If you have the same problem, i can recommend sleeping in a sports bra - keeping the girls in check helped me LOTS!
    Oh and have a fantastic holiday!

Diasy - Glad the scan went well

Regarding the sealant - Hubby was doing the ensuite, I walked into the bedroom 2 or 3 times not the bathroom itself. First time i didnt know what he was doing and walked into the bedroom, 2nd time I yelled at him from the bedroom doorway and the other time to extract Hannah... so I didnt get close to the source but it still reeked! I did try to hold my breath.