Closed Thread
Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, had my scan today still not sure

Hi ladies, hope everyone is feeling good. I have my scan tomorrow, feeling both excited an nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stupid phone... Had my scan an my cervix is tilted so she said it was to hard to see anything. She could see there is a sack but couldn't get a close enough look inside. Thinks I'm 6 w 5 d so wants me to come back in two weeks. Fingers crossed that they will be able to see a little bean than an it's not another molar pregnancy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ment 5w 6days
    Brain really not functioning today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies
    I went to the doctor and she doesn't think its anything to worry about. She had a feel around and said that it all seems ok. After bubs is born she said to come in for a breast exam yearly and because of my naturally lumpy boobies I can have an ultrasound on them to routinely check. I feel better after seeing the doc. I like to keep on top of these sorts of things. She didn't mention my pap been due thank goodness... I won't permit one of those atm. Maybe once I'm further along.

WOP - your midwife appointment sounds like it went well. You must be excited now.
    Have you done the big reveal on tour blog yet?

Hope everyone else is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My last day of the first trimester- WOOHOO!

Think I'll be blogging today Giggle, if I go quiet for too long I start to get concerned messages. And while I'd rather have had my scan first there is something nice about doing it the day I hit 12 weeks Are you going to get papped during your pregnancy? Don't put it off too long. I'd just wait till you're in your 2nd trimester. Hooray for just normal lumpy boosies
    Mad- That's why I don't really like early scans. They seem to leave mummies wondering all too often. Hoping for the best in 2 weeks time. No reason it wouldn't all turn out for the best

Screwed up my roster! thought I was working Saturday, Sunday but turns out it was Friday, Saturday- oops! Got a call at 7am saying "you coming?". But Since I lost my scan referral and pathology request (I swear baby brain kicked in weeks ago) I have to go to the doc before I get my bloods done this afternoon. Doh!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mad: good luck for your next scan, i agree with peanut i think soemtimes early scans are worse cos you just dont know, we were so very lucky our scan was so positive tho it did put me back a whole week grrr!
    Giggle: very glad your doc says its all ok, mine are lumpy too but its the pregnancy that has done it, theyre dark too... so odd to not recognise yoru own boobs!
    Peanut: ONGRATS!!! sorry if you got confused, im def 10 weeks 3 days they said i was measuring perfectly back at 6wk 3 day.... so happy the heart was so strong back then so i assume its good now. Ive moved myself onto phone counelling cos i get way to emotional and tear up ...take a lot longer in between clients to regroup damn overactive emotions!! Im the same as you im nervous about my next scan which is on the 11th..... super nervous but i have to believe its all ok in there. if its not then i guess im not going to bali on the 14th which is my wedding aniversary....

AFM: Had my blood test yesterday, just counting down to the scan sooooo far! 2 weeeks is such a long time. Ive deided not to get a dopplet yet inc ase i cant hear it and freak myself out. Ive had the worst sinus type congestion its awful... im also much sicker than ever im now gagging physically gagging whenever i smell something off, cough or brush my teeth. Docs giving me a stronger script from the hospital. Midwife appt on the 10th hoping theyre nice to me as im high risk.... the hosptial ive chosen is public and they do water birth so im keen to do that if i can. We wer going tog et a doula but i dont think its needed, shes so pro home birth and honestly with my medical condition thats too dangerous as much as id love to. Hope everyone else is well, im on overight again tonight so lets see if i make a whole shift lol to all

~Gracie'sMummy~ is offline There is no footprint so small that it doesn't leave an imprint on this world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Sorry no personals as I'm on my phone and just can't remember what everyone said!

I'm feeling a bit gloomy today =( Found out this afternoon that I didn't get the 9mth contract role that I interviewed for so am starting to freak out with our finances... I'm not sure how to approach a new job if I'm going to start showing soon. Realistically I'll be 3mths minimum before I start a job (if I get one soon!) so I would only be able to commit to 5mths. Who is going to hire me??
    My DH lost his job when we were pregnant with Grace and we ended up having to sell our house and I had to go back to work when she was only 12wks old =( I don't want to go through that again.... I just want to cry.

Sorry for the whinge... I just needed to vent.

Still haven't told my Mum and Dad that we are pregnant yet either.... Their reaction last time was cruel, Mum said "oh no, you're not are you?" then didn't talk to me for a week. I just don't want to face that again......

Blah...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful- I'm sorry for spacing, but what's your medical issue again? And where are you? It's pretty unlikely that if you're high risk they'll let you water birth, but I hope you can get the birth you want What were the bloods for if your scan isn't till the 11th?
    Graciesmummy- sorry about the job and if my mum was like that I wouldn't bloody tell her this time till I was showing. Sorry, I know she's your mum, but is she always such a cow?

Just got home from having my pre-NT bloods taken and waiting for a Skype from DH. Broke the Sprout news on my blog this morning and have been crying with all the beautiful messages I've had from friends. I'm glad I did it today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giggle - How you describe your boobs is exactly how mine are. Nipples arn't too sore anymore but the sides of my boobs are, I got a bit scared when I found a lump too... until I had a good poke around and noticed there are quiet a few! Glad you went to the doc to ease your mind (and mine!).

Mad - Sorry you didn't get to have a good look at bub. I had the same result for my scan at 5 weeks 3/4 days, it's horrible walking out of the U/S room without an answer. I hope the next two weeks go fast for you. I'm asking my GP for a referral for another scan next week, I just can't feel 100% positive until I'v seen a heartbeat! I'll probably be close to 8 weeks by the time I can book in.

WOP - I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't show for work! I wouldn't have remember if they didn't call me when I was 1 1/2 hours late!
    Goodluck with your scan next week! Those 12 weeks scans are just amazing, Sprout will already have a cute little baby shape!

Gracie - I'm shocked your Mum would say that! I hope it goes better this time. Maybe seeing Gracie grow up into a perfect little girl will make her feel different about having another gandchild?
    I'm sorry getting a new job and pregnancy has landed you in such a hard position. I really hope everything falls into place for you soon. I have a similar situation coming up. I'd usually start my busiest season of the year in a couple of weeks but I think I'm going to have to turn the job down. We'll lose ALOT of money but my work conditions are really not suitable for pregnancy.

AFM - Had more bloods early this week and havn't heard from GP so guessing that everything is still looking ok. Going back on Tuesday for more and going to BEG him for a scan referral. He's so layed back that he doesn't understand what's so hard about waiting for my 12 week scan. I NEED to see a heartbeat, especially after the missed M/C last time. I'd hate to be getting my hopes up again for nothing. I'm starting to feel more confident things will turn out ok this time. I havn't had any spotting for a few days now and M/S started earlier this week which I'm taking as an excellent sign. 7 weeks today .

~Gracie'sMummy~ is offline There is no footprint so small that it doesn't leave an imprint on this world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Autumn - Congrats on 7wks hun! YAY! I'm 7w5d today so only a few days in front of you!! It's so exciting having so many of us due within weeks of each other...
    Thank you for your kind words and support on the job front. What do you do for work that is not compatible with pregnancy?

WOP - How exciting that you have broken the news on your blog today!! As soon as i finish this post I am off to read it! CONGRATS on getting through 1st Trimester too!!! WOO HOO!
    I really think you are going to have such a great scan next Thursday and little Sprout will be wiggling around in there for you to see. It's amazing the detail that you see at 12wks... they really do look like little people (with really big alien like foreheads!!).
    Thank you to you too for all of your kind words and support on the job and Mum front... No, my Mum isn't always a cow. She just seems to get really funny about pregnancy and children. My parents were not able to conceive and after TTC and IVF for 6yrs they eventually adopted me.
    When we told them they were going to be Grandparents for the first time my Mum was reserved and said congratulations but also that she wasn't ready and thought i was too young (25). She barely spoke to me the entire pregnancy until i was in labour. She is amazing with Gracie and absolutely adores her and she is the centre of her world... she just cant deal with pregnancy. Last pregnancy her "oh no, you're not" comment was because i had just lost my job a week earlier... but it really really hurt deeply and i just know i'm going to get a similar response this time. She thinks we shouldn't have any more children because she wants us to be able to afford to send Gracie to a private school etc. But DH is the youngest of 6 and i have always wanted 2 or 3, so this will be our last.

Hopeful - We can count down to our scans together... mine is on the 12th Nov and will be our first ever glimse at Bumpkin! So excited and also so very scared that there wont be a heart beat.

Giggle - I'm glad everything is ok and looking normal with your boobs! I hope they start to feel better soon. Mine are still tender on the outsides and nipples a little bit but i really dont notice it much anymore (until DH tries to give them a squeeze!!! ).
    I had a PAP done when i was pregnant with Grace, i was about 6wks i think from memory, and all was fine. Although, i didn't know i was pregnant at the time! LOL

Mad - Is a tilted uterus a permanent thing or was it just tilted on the day of your scan? I'm not sure i've ever heard of that before. Hopefully next scan in 2 weeks you will get a much better view of Bubs and will hopefully see a nice strong heart beat.
    Do you mind me asking what a molar pregnancy is?

Daisy - How are you babe? You've been quiet the last few days...

AFM - 7w5d today and am onto the lovely twice daily chunders. Just hanging around tapping my fingers waiting until we get to have our first scan in 2 weeks time. I will be 9w6d so will hopefully get a good view of Bumpkin! Yay!
    I have my first OB appointment on Monday which i am excited about because it means things are finally starting... the last few weeks have been just a long waiting game.

Anyway, i had better get going because I can hear Gracie thumping around upstairs while she is meant to be having her nap! Cheeky child. She is going through a total nudist phase at the moment too and just refuses to wear any clothes... Oh to be that care free again!!