Closed Thread
Page 29 of 68 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    ~Gracie'sMummy~ is offline There is no footprint so small that it doesn't leave an imprint on this world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Only 2 spews today (so far...), I guess that's a good day. Urgh....
    I will never be able to drink anything passionfruit flavoured again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Graciesmummy- I wonder sometimes if I'll ever drink tea again? Still off all hot drinks. Here's hoping Bumpkin and ?his? placenta reel back the MS before too long.
    Mad- how'd your scan go???
    Hopeful- are you only 10 weeks 1 day? That's what your ticker tells me but I thought you made 10 weeks last week
    Giggle- how is everything today?

Had a call from the midwifery team who will be helping me deliver Sprout this afternoon. Home visit tomorrow to get my history and let me get acquainted. Think I'm going to like this midwife business!

~Gracie'sMummy~ is offline There is no footprint so small that it doesn't leave an imprint on this world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    WOP - when is your scan booked in for? Is it this week?
    I would be devistated if I went off tea! It's hard enough limiting myself to the herbal caffeine free variety at the moment...
    I'm fairly excited you referred to Bumpkin as 'he'... I'm so hoping he's a boy! Do you have any feeling what Sprout might be?
    Your midwife sounds fantastic!! Are you birthing at home or in a hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan next Wednesday. It seems to be taking a long time to come doesn't it? Do you feel like yours is forever away still? For some reason I do think Bumpkin is a he. No reason I'd pick up that vibe accurately through my modem though! I think Sprout is a boy but Jake is certain that we're having a girl. I just hope I get a girl at some point. I feel like I have a lot to give a daughter- I want to raise a strong woman!
    I'm birthing with the midwifery group practice at the Mater in Brisbane. I would love a home birth but I think I'm a little too aware of the risks. The idea of having the baby in our home though with our family there sounds wonderful to me. This is the next best thing though for me. Midwives, minimal intervention, same day discharge and home visit follow ups. I'm still on the waitlist for the Royal Brisbane birth centre which is the only option for water birthing in Brisbane but they have such a high demand you have to get pulled out of a hat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning Ladies

Sorry I've been MIA. Ive been so busy lately and cant seem to function past 2pm. Fell asleep last night at 7.30

Cant remember if i updated you guys about my doctors appointment on Monday. Everything looked good, doctor did a scan and we saw the sac and what looked like a tiny little baby hiding in there - didnt see a heartbeat but the doctor said that its too small still. I have a proper dating scan booked for the 3rd which is next Thursday. If the dating scan goes well then im having the 12 week scan, an extra one at 15-16 weeks and the 20 week scan.
    I have a quick question for you ladies with sore boobs. Mine still arnt overly painful but they are sore on the sides. I was feeling around on my left one which is the most sore and it feels more lumpy down the side than the other one. It also feels a little more sore this morning. The right hand side has the same lumps but not as noticeable. I think they are milk ducts and they are probably changing due to been pregnant. I still cant shake the feeling that something isnt quite right... im probably been a paranoid freak. I guess im more worried given that a former school friend passed away earlier this year after been diagnosed with Breast Cancer while she was pregnant with her son. She was only 27
    Do any of you girls have this?

WOP - Goodluck for your scan next wednesday. Less than a week away now

Graciesmummy - Hope you feel a bit better today and get through spew free.

Hopeful - How are you feeling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOP - girls are great! Right now I am siting outside with Gracie painting each others nails pink... It's really wonderful having a daughter. I hope you get a pink one at some stage if not Sprout.
    With a daughter and a step daughter I'm really hoping that this one is blue. But it doesn't really matter... This will our last baby so I really just want a healthy one. The girls want another sister! So either way we're happy.
    I would love a home birth too... But im just not wanting to take the risk, it would be an amazing experience though! I'm aiming to spend as much time in the tub at the hospital as possible and if they'll let me water birth. That seems so far away though...
    Next Wednesday is so close for your scan! Less than a week! How are you feeling about it?
    The 12th Nov seems so far away to me but I guess 2.5wks isn't too bad really... I'm very concerned there won't be a heart beat or that there might be 2 heart beats!!! Scary...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giggle - my boobs feel exactly the same as you described... Sore on the sides and lumpy. Feels a bit like breast feeding and overdue for a feed... Did you BF Hannah? Do you remember the feeling of being late for a feed and your boobs get full, achy and lumpy? That's how mine are now to a mild degree.
    I never had sore boobs while pregnant with Grace so this is new to me.
    I wouldn't worry too much... But if you are concerned get your GP to check it out.

I vomited again this morning... Urgh..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls.... i got an official warning today to remove my Lilypie ticker , apparently it is against forum rules and regulations to use a non BubHub ticker.
    So i've gone back to the old dull and boring ticker - and it doesn't even work properly because my little baby is stuck on 1wk pregnant instead of 7wks!! Grrrrr..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Graciesmummy
    Yeah I breastfed Hannah for the first 6 weeks. It does feel a little like that i guess. I used to get blockages wround that area when i was breastfeeding which is why i think its milk ducts. I read back through some of the old due date groups and quite a few ladies mentioned the same symptoms. I have booked an appointment with a lady doctor for a breast exam this afternoon tho just for my own peice of mind. I think its probably normal and ive made it more sore by my own examination lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Giggle- can't help on the boob front. Mine were more sore with Peanut than Sprout (though they're still pretty tender) and I haven't breastfed so I don't know what that feels like. But I will always say that if you're worried you should go see someone, so I think you're doing the right thing. Pregnancy hormones can be bad for cancerous diseases so it's best to be careful. I'm sure you'll be back tonight to tell us your lady doc said everything is fine! I hope your extra 15-16 week scan helps you to feel better about this pregnancy and helps you realise that it's completely different to Joshua.
    Graciesmummy- I feel a lot better about this scan than I did my 8 week one. Last time I was sitting in the waiting room crying because I was so sure it would be bad news. Now I dread it one day and look forward to it the next. I just have to really concentrate on being positive with Sprout. It's sad because in Peanut's pregnancy, I was literally happier than I'd ever been, and I wish I had that for Sprout. It feels unfair to him.
    Hopeful- Pretty heavy job you have. I've found things at work more upsetting with the hormones- how are you coping with it all?

I just had my midwife come visit me at home and she's lovely. I don't know that I'm worried about getting into the RBWH birth centre at all any more because it's sounds like I'll have a lot more freedom at the Mater. And if anything at all is unusual the birth centre toss you out, but the Mater gives you your midwife for the whole process even if you need an epidural or caesar or whatever. Very cool!