+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have 3 big gaps (6yrs, 5 yrs and 3yrs) and a few smaller ones (17 mths and 22mths)

I prefer the big gaps.
    I am happy to chat to anyone who has questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are ttc at the moment and my step daughter will be over 5(if we conceive this year!) once we have a bub and I'm really glad there is a big age gap! My SD will make a fantastic big sister and I know I wont have my hands too full as she is already able to look after herself and communicates very well.
    Where as I have friends with very small age gaps and they struggle with having 2-3 children who can communicate properly and are needy good luck TTC!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becasue DH and I have been married before, we have a bit of a age gap between our kids.
    My boys have a 3 year age gap between them, then there is my step daughter and then our little girl we have together.
    So there is my oldest who is 20 in Nov, then there is my 2nd son who is 16 in Jan, then there is step daughter who turned 11 this April, and then our daughter turns 7 in January.

I like the big age gap, I don't think I could cope with them really close together. I have a friend who planned her's 14mths apart between her 3 kids. I know it works for her. But I know I definetly like the 5yr age gap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When this little bean is born my daughters will be 9 & 7, doesnt worry me the slightest, they will be my big girl helpers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i want one more baby so we are planning to fall pregnant in sept next year so then when the baby is born my kids will be 6 & 7 so i hope that them being at school during the day will help so i can sleep as the baby does during the day while the kids are at school i think it will make life easier without my older two at home also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My mum had 5 of us and the ages are currently 25,22 15,13 10
    With the big year gap it was really nice for me as the oldest cause I got to experience having a baby around the house plus I was big enough to help my mum out when necessary! It's also made me more aware and comfortable about having a baby of my own. I also plan to leave a big gap between my first 2 and any later children xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am planning at least a five year gap if I can have a second.
    I have a 5 year gap with my older sister who I am closest with, then my other sister who is 3 years younger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Im about to have a 5yr gap - little one due any day now

I think id be more nervous about a small gap! I love that DD is old enough to be reasonably independent, and to help out. I love that she is nearly in school so this baby will still get one on one time. So many more positives than a small gap i say!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will have a 15 DS and 7 DD year gap when DS is born in October - I had an 8 year gap when I had my DD so nothing new for me. My daughter is soo excited about it and being a big sister and helping my son is happy about it too. I find a big gap good you get to spend individual time with them then if there is a small gap. We will hopefully try again when this one turns one so will see how that goes for me....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to say, my sisters are 6, 10 and 12 years older than me. I get on really well with the one 6 years older and I remember I used to LOVE getting all her hand me down clothes. She used to be bully me until I was about 10 but she came around, started being a great sister, took me shopping, cook yummy lunches for me and take me to the movies all the time. I did get lonely when she left home for 3 years when I was 15 but I used to go to her house all the time. I can't imagine having any other age gap.