+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nervous about a 5-6 yr age gap?? Anyone else?

Hi everyone,

I have a 6 year olf & 4 year old boy's TTC #3 and hoping desperately for a girl

the boys were 25 months apart but now I am ttc i am feeling extremely nervous about the age gap. My 4yo has Autism so i would have been absolutely crazy to consider this before now, but now I feel ready - I think lol but I am now getting really nervous anyone else feel like this? Any tips to get over the anxiety???

Thanks girls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My boys have the same age gap as yours
    They are 25 months apart almost to the day, and we had our 3rd blue bundle in between both their birthdays, so a 6 year gap between bub and our oldest, and 4 years between bub and our second

So far the gap has been great! The older 2 have adapted so well to having a baby around, they havnt been jealous, and they love baby cuddles and helping out with him!

Though everyone is now telling us we "need" one more to even it up, apparently they seem to think one will always be left out, but I can't see it happening, the 2 big boys are best mates and I don't see that changing, and they absolutely adore their baby brother

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh this relieves the nerves a little thanks soo much for your reply Soo great to hear -

how do you find the school drop off is it hard?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope!!! School drop off was actually my biggest fear when I was pregnant, but bub was born on the janurary school holidays which was great timing lol, so we had 2 weeks before school went back to establish a routine.
    He fell straight into a 4 hour feeding pattern At 2,6 and 10 o'clock which was perfect, he would (and still has) his first bottle of the day at 6am and he goes back to bed till about 8am when I usually have to wake him to take him to school, and he is right for a bottle till 10

I had DH home for 5 weeks after he was born too which helped heaps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The only thing that gets to be a pain in the butt, is when I have to pull the pram in and out of the car at school, I prefer to have him in that then carry him, but still it gets annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter was 6 when my son was born, she also has Autism. 2 weeks before I was due my cousin and her boyfriend moved in with us so my daughter had to sleep in my room, then I was in hospital for 4 days and my daughter coped quite well. She never tried to hurt the baby and always wants to help, sometimes that is the annoying part. But I love the age gap I have as I can tend to the baby and my daughter can amuse herself, she helps me with the nappies and feeding and bathing and they are very very close. But she was with me through the pregnancy and it was something we spoke about quite a bit.

I have to agree the most annoying part was the school drop off, waking a sleeping baby to go 5mins down the road sucked, but she now gets transport to and from school so that makes life so much easier

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm TTC for number 3 (and hopefully 4), and my twinnies will be 6 in February...I am so looking forward to it, coz i know my girl will be the bestest big sister in the world...I just have faith it'll all work out

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have just decided finally (it took a long time to decide) that we want another baby. We have 2 boys 7.5 and nearly 6. This gap is going to be a lot bigger then I wanted, but I wasn't ready and either were my boys for a little baby. My oldest only started sleeping through the night at 5 and my little boy still sleeps in our bed. The more I think about it the more I realise how much we will be able to enjoy having a little baby again, my boys will be able to come to the scans and hopefully be excited as well. I have endometreosis & have to wait 3 months before we can start trying as we have only just increased our level of health insurance (12 month wait for pregnancy) so hopefully fingers and everything crossed that we wont have trouble conceiving..

Thanks
    Reviews
    My first 3 kids are all around 3 years apart... I then have a 12 year gap lol! Some people think I'm mad but I'm loving it and the older kids are so good with him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tasha74 View Post
    My first 3 kids are all around 3 years apart... I then have a 12 year gap lol! Some people think I'm mad but I'm loving it and the older kids are so good with him
    I have a 12 year gap too, DD (11 mo) thinks DS (13 yo) is a rock star LOL, they adore each other.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Bubhub