+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby gyms

Hi,

Have just started looking at baby/play gyms, would like to get one for bub that will last them at least for 0-1yrs - and feeling very overwhelmed by the variety of brands and features on them!

I do have a soft spot for the Lamaze toys, so quite interested in the 'Spin & Explore Garden Gym' (not sure if the spinning support is a bit of a gimmick or actually enjoyed by babies? really not sure how this would work for a newborn either) or the 'Space Symphony Motion Gym', if anyone has any experience with these?

Which gyms have you used and what do your babies get the most enjoyment out of? Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a very basic one from Aldi a circle mat, with two half hoops above it with things hanging off it. My boy loved it up until he started rolling a lot (at around 5mths) at that point he kept on getting tangled up in it I would find him stuck under it with his legs and arms flapping madly (so cute). I am glad I just got a cheaper one because now he is crawling he is not interested in it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the space symphony motion gym. Our ds loved it and im quite fond of it myself. Got it on sale at myer for $50.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Bubhub

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have the fisher price rainforest gym (the square 'X' style one with the giraffe up the side). DS loved it so much, it kept him entertained for hours. you can change the toys around or put different ones on to keep their interest, it also has lights and music as well as rainforest sounds.
    i used it heaps with DS until he could sit up. once they can sit they wont be happy to lay on their back so keep that in mind you will only get about 6 months use out of a baby gym (per child).
    i don't have the spinning one, but i know the one your talking about. its designed for babies who don't like being on their tummies to try and encourage them along and interest them long enough to get their 'tummy time' in. you wont be able to use it until bub can hold their head up well (so at least not for the first 2-3 months) and i wouldn't think you'd get all that much use out of it once they can roll, crawl, or sit so IMO wouldn't really be worth the $ for so little useful lifespan.
    if you happen to get a bub that doesn't like tummy time (like mine was!) there's not much you can do to change their minds about that.. but what i found helpful was laying down and laying bub on your chest so you can 'talk' to them.. gets a few minutes out of them before they catch on to your trick :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arbre - I have the same gym. I actually thought it was so good I kept it (of the few baby items I kept) on the off chance we would have another baby. Glad I did now!! DD4 still plays with it given the chance, haha!