+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Even if you have day 5 embie transferred, it doesn't even guarantee you a successful pregnancy. We got lucky to have DH sperms but the only two 5 days embies ended up in chemical pregnancy. They all think is DH lousy sperms. People produce millions and he has like 3--5! I'm using DS. Yes, just like Bertie said, a lot of tears and heartache. I'm also preg. First go using DS (very lucky). So good sperm does make a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

My husband had azoospermia (no sperm in the ejaculate) so the only means of getting any viable sperm was through ICSI and through Dr Lok. IVFOz told us we would NEVER have our own child. Or any child for that matter!
    I had NK cells. And implantation issues.
    Dr Lok is the guru for infertility for men.
    We had also gone to Dr Anne Clark and she even said Dr Lok was the guru. (She could have taken us onboard and give us false hope) but was kind enough to give us the facts and the truth!
    We did IVF 8 times.
    Our lucky 'triplets' were conceived on the last go. Frozen cycle from the previous year. Had 2 embryos implanted. Sadly one of the triplets was not viable quite early.
    Gave birth to gorgeus identical twin boys who are almost 2 1/2 years old.
    Dr Matthias also helped me alot as well. Very worth seeing him.
    Twins were born in 2013 so alot has happened since then but if I could help just someone please PM me (as I dont get on here as much) and Id be happy to help.

I know youve heard it before do not lose hope, but DO NOT GIVE UP. When you want something it will happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Dr Derek Lok

@zoe1974: when was the last time u talked to IVFoz? I guess things have changed. Both mgcbertie and I went through them with dr Golovsky who does mTESE. Actually, it was him who took our case as my FS here in Perth told us to do donor straight away.

I am sorry o hear that you lost one of the triplets. Good that you have a good outcome in the end. May I ask if drLok found sperms through mTESE or your DH has obstructive azoo? If it is NOA, I am glad to hear a success story.

No doubt. DrLok is the go to guy for Male infertility. We didn't choose to go through him because ganae doesn't do unknown donor and we wanted to have that option as a back up.
    Last edited by bbhope; 11-06-2015 at 17:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Zoe1974..... wow, identical twins!! You don't hear of that everyday!

I agree with Bbhope about IVFA perhaps having changed their tune, but I actually think it's more to do with the individual FS that you might see, as both at IVFA and Genea they have a number of FSs, and I know that opinions and protocols differ from one to another, as even though they work out of the same clinic, they actually work as individuals.

I did two cycles at Next Generation Fertility (Dr Matthews), but had to change from there as they don't do anonymous donor sperm. As Bbhope said, Genea also doesn't do anonymous donor sperm, and as I wanted that as a back-up plan, I went to IVFA for a couple of cycles, and it was then at this time my DH and I had consultations with both Dr Lok and Dr Golovosky, both who come highly recommended, and are really the only two absolute experts in their field in Sydney. They both do aspirations and biopsies, which I gather one is what your DH had, and both were the only ones (at the time) doing the mTESE procedure, which is what my DH needed (as we'd already tried aspirations and biopsies). We liked Dr G the best, but to cut a long story short, he only found one sperm on the day.

We then went to Dr Clark at Fertility First, because I was curious to see if there was anything different she would recommend or try, and she also had anonymous donor sperm. We did a couple of cycles through her, but they all ended the same way. In the end we went back to IVFA. I know everyone is different, but for me I like everything organised. I found Dr Clark very personable and lovely, but I didn't like her practice - no booking times for BTs - you just had to turn up and wait an hour or more. Some of the BTs were conducted in some back storeroom, with heaps of dumped boxes - there wasn't a special chair - I just sat on a normal chair at what looked like a dining room table crowded with papers and medical items. You just had to get undressed in front of the nurses etc for scans and transfers - they didn't leave the room, there was no curtain to undress behind, and I wasn't ever offered a modesty sheet. To walk from the chair where I dumped my clothes, with my bottom half totally naked was a bit weird. Yes, their prices were considerably cheaper than IVFA, and I'm sure these things help to keep the costs down. I coped with all that, but it just didn't seem professional, so I went back to IVFA where I liked the clinical approach. Sure, they still see my hoo-ha, but I never before had to walk around with bottom out too!! Lol. Yep, I've done everything :-))

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I remember reading this thread a long time ago and realised it's just recently come to life again. I've been seeing dr matthias too, unfortunately with my first fet I got a bfn, even with all the immune meds (progesterone, prednisone, clexane, lit AND ivig). Surprised and disappointed that it didn't work. Has anyone had success after failing first time round? Did you have to change protocol with dr m? My fs at genea wants to do an endometrial biopsy this time to help with implantation.